Subject: Fathers-Advancing World Peace
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 08:20:38 +1100

<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/tracker/read.asp?ReadID=33
9813> 
Unable to read this email? Please click here
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/view.asp?CampaignMediaID=596&Cont
actID=90915&ContactEmail=[email-masked]> 
 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/header.jpg> 
Issue 171 - 5th November 2005 	Go to our website Here
<http://www.fathersonline.org/> 	 
 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/inthisissue.jpg>
*	Welcome
*	Grandads
*	Laughter
*	Single Dads
*	Special Feature
*	Thought of the Week
*	Christmas Greeting
*	News & Info
*	Dad's Prayer
*	About Us

Welcome

 
<http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/12/11/cronulla_wideweb__470x313,0.j
pg> 

The recent so-called race riots, sparked by men of Middle Eastern
appearance, in Cronulla, Australia have shocked us all. The sight of
ugly mob violence being perpetrated by men holding the Australian flag
is not something we are used to seeing.  Australians are known around
the world as easy-going egalitarians who have embraced wave after wave
of legal immigrants to our lucky country without much fuss.  

So what is really the problem?  Media commentators have been quick to
apply the race tag, but the problem is much more complex.  Andrew Bolts
analysis of the many parts of the problem is reprinted in full as a
service to our readers as a Special Feature.  His article is called, Its
Time to Think, Herald Sun, Victoria, 14th December 2005 and is by far
the most comprehensive of all that I have read to date.  Such anarchy is
fuelled by a breakdown in law and order, which correlates closely with
the breakdown in families which in turn is closely related to the curse
of fatherlessness.  Sometimes such fatherlessness is actually caused by
a father who is present in body but absent in heart and soul. We are
only one generation away from anarchy and the above story proves the
point.

Hitler had a father who treated him harshly.  Saddam Hussein was
originally fatherless and then beaten by his step father and taught to
steal by him at an early age.  The people of Iraq are still paying the
price, as is Australias Wheat Board.

Andrew Bolt points out that while Koby Abberton, a well known Maroubra
local, was not directly involved in the riot, he does perhaps symbolise
the local beach gang culture.  On ABCs Australian Story, Abberton
explained how he came to join his gang.  He grew up, he said, in a
garage. My mum was a heroin addict back then and we grew up pretty
tough.  We all have different dads, all the brothers, me, Sunny, Jai and
Dakota.  None of us have ever known our dads. But there just wasnt much
love . . .  When I was about 14 I got kicked out of my house . . .
Andrew Bolt poses the very good thought, No wonder he sought the comfort
of a tribe (gang), as so many young men would if they had no job, no
father, no real family, no discipline, or no sense of belonging.

It is a well known fact that much of the gang related
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/race%20riot.jpg>
violence in the United States is perpetrated by fatherless young men who
join a gang to establish an identity they never had.  Bolt points out,
how much harder we must work to make parents responsible, families
strong and children safe.  This is what the Fatherhood Foundation is all
about.  Our goal is to increase the proportion of children growing up
with involved, responsible, loving and committed fathers.  Excellence in
fathering is not merely an unattainable goal, but a fundamental need to
prevent our nation slipping into unquenchable anarchy.  

The real solution is a return to our spiritual roots that provide the
basis for our tolerant democracy.  The Australian values of  a fair go,
forgiveness, love and trust, actually come from our forefathers trust in
a man of Middle Eastern appearance, who came to us as an unprotected
baby over 2,000 years ago. It is ironic that we are celebrating his
birthday in the middle of such troubles.  This same man grew up with
others of Middle Eastern appearance, speaking the same language spoken
by our Lebanese brothers today, Aramaic.  Thirty-three years after his
birth he cried out on a cross, Father forgive them for they know not
what they do. Later this man of Middle Eastern appearance cried out in
Aramaic, It is finished as he breathed his last.  That moment split time
in two, BC/AD and introduced a new law into the universe called
unconditional love,   the answer our love starved society so desperately
needs.

Lovework

Share Koby Abbertons story with your children.  Give them his
description of growing up with no dad and not much love.  

* Make sure your children know that you are a dad that will be around
for the long haul and that you love them.
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Jesus-walking.jp
g> 

* Then tell them about the reason for the celebration of Christmass.

* Tell them about a man of Middle Eastern appearance who walked the
dusty roads of Palestine.

* Tell them how he went about doing good, healing the sick and raising
the dead.

* Tell them how this same man became the source of world peace because,
when he was betrayed into the hands of a violent mob, he told his
friends to put down their swords because, he who lives by the sword will
die by the sword.  Violence perpetuates violence, but forgiveness is the
power of perfect love and perfect love is still the greatest force in
the universe. Your children need to hear it from you because as Mother
Teresa said:

World Peace begins in the home.

Yours for World Peace

Warwick Marsh

 PS We apologise to our readers who received their newsletters late last
week.  This is the first time in three years that this has happened.
Our software service provider, Bosweb, had a major glitch caused by
their service providers, which caused the delays.  We have been assured
that it will never happen again and we pass that assurance on to you,
along with our Christmas and New Year greetings.  Fathersonline
Christmas Special will be in you intray next Sunday morning Christmas
Day.

Happy Christmas and a blessed New Year from the Fatherhood Foundation.

________________________________________________________

Warwick Marsh  has been married to Alison for 30 years. He is 
the father of five children, four boys and one girl, ranging in 
age from 24 years to 13 years.  Warwick is a musician, 
songwriter, producer and public speaker who likes to think he 
can still laugh at himself.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Grandads

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/5%20%20good%20me
n.jpg> 

Keep company with good men and 

good men you will imitate

Unknown

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Laughter

.                             christmas jokes,christmas humor,xmas
laughs,joke page,<http://nickscape.net/recoveryzone/_borders/csanta.gif>
<http://www.rochedalss.qld.edu.au/xmas/ansanta6.gif>
<http://www.rochedalss.qld.edu.au/xmas/tree_ani.gif> 

What Christmas Carol is the parents favorite

Silent Night

What kind of candle burns longer, a red candle or a green candle?

Neither, candles always burn shorter

What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic

What do you get if you eat Chrsitmas decorations?

Tinsilitus

<http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/200000/203100/203198/P
roducts/4914417.jpg>  It was Christmas and the judge was in a merry mood
as he asked the prisoner,"What are you charged with?" 
"Doing my Christmas shopping early", replied the defendant. 
"That's no offence", said the judge. 
" It is if you do it before the shop opened", countered the prisoner.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Single Dads

50th birthday gift book
<http://www.giftsforgeezers.com/50th-birthday/50th-birthday-book-300.jpg
> 

With Thanks

by Tony Miller

A lot has happened over the past year. I am about to celebrate 50 years
on this planet. We had a party last Saturday and it was awesome to be
surrounded by my friends and family, my five beautiful children and my
new grandson. Life does seem to turn around. There were many times I
thought I would never make it to 50, let alone have all my children
gathered around me. But there you go, it does happen! And I have gotta
tell ya, having my children around me was the absolute biggest thing
that has happened all year. My 20 year old son Beau made a beautiful
speech in which he stated how proud he was to be my son and how much he
loved me and my 10 year old son Cassidy, who forgot his speech he had
written out and said "No worries dad, I'll wing it", told everyone in
the room how he felt. I doubt there was a dry eye in the house. I know
mine were filled with water. My beautiful children Justin, Shannon and
Daniel and Rhy's my grandson surrounded me with their love. David my
good friend also spoke some kind words and my friend Colin put on a
magic show for all of us in his coming out from a long illness. 

As I looked around the room I was extremely proud to be associated with
all these people who came together for me. I was an adopted child and my
brother and sister also spoke of past times and how proud they were of
me. My two sisters who were adopted to another family also attended and
I was extremely touched to have them celebrating with me. I guess what I
am trying to say is: 

It doesn't matter where you are at in the moment. Darkness may surround
you at present. But there is light at the end of the tunnel, I couldn't
see that light for a long time, but it's there, believe me, I've just
proven it. . . And you know, I never thought I could. . .

Thank you for all the cards, emails and gifts but most of all thank you
for being a part of my life and allowing me to share part of yours.

Tony M

The Path I've chosen has it's share of obstacles. . .

a broken dream, a wounded heart, a tired spirit.

And yet I've been promised that if I walk the path with faith,

my dreams can be restored, my heart will be whole again,

and my spirit will be renewed.

Susan E. Fair

My ten year old son Cassidy's speech he left at home.

Ladies and Gentleman,

As you know my Dad's 50th. Well I've prepared a speech.

My dad has had 5 children and he has managed to make it to 50.

Some might call that good or maybe unusual, but I call it lucky.

So I wrote this poem.

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I love my Dad

And you should too!

He might not be the best, but deep inside his chest he has a good heart
to fit everyone in there.

I like to spend weekends with my Dad and I have prepared a slide show,
but unfortunately I can't show it tonight.

I'll show it to him later.

My favourite things I like to do with him are:

Playing remote control cars

Walking on the beach

Playing board games

Talking with the neighbours

But just remember this - my Dad is very special!!!

Dads in Distress Inc would like to thank you for your support and your
kindness over the past year and we want you to know that you have made a
difference to our lives and that of our children's lives.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year, maybe one that
rejoices in fatherhood more then it has in the past.

We are so often caught up in our destination that we forget to
appreciate the journey,

Especially the goodness of the people we meet along the way.

We are pleased we were fortunate enough to meet you. . .

Thank you for being there when we needed you. . .

Please take time over this holiday period to remember those who for
whatever reason cannot be with their children. . . If you are fortunate
enough to have your children around you, give them a special cuddle from
dads who haven't.

Yours Sincerely 

Tony Miller dids

[email-masked]  

www.dadsindistress.asn.au <http://www.dadsindistress.asn.au/>  

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Special Feature

                Cronulla / Adam
Ward<http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5087580,00.jpg> 

It's time to think 

By Andrew Bolt

Herald Sun 14 Dec 2005  

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17559138%255E2
5717,00.html 

 

These talks between big-wave surfing champion Koby Abberton and Lebanese
"leader" Keysar Trad to end Sydney's latest tribal riots will fail, of
course.

But still they may help -- by showing just some of the hundred troubles
that created this disaster and the hundred hard steps we must take to
avoid even worse. 

Yes, it's that complicated. Things this bad usually are. So ignore the
one-issue parrots who screech "We're all racists", or "End Muslim
immigration now". The fools. 

Abberton is admired as a leader of the surfing tribe at Maroubra known
as the Bra Boys, who last week told Middle Eastern gangs to "stay away"
from the beach. 

There is no suggestion he endorsed the appalling violence which followed
on Sunday. In fact, he says it was "distressing" and denies reports Bra
Boys were involved, but, as a local god, he does perhaps symbolise the
local beach gang culture. 

On the ABC's Australian Story, Abberton explained how he came to join
his gang. He grew up, he said, in a garage: "My mum was a heroin addict
back then and we grew up pretty tough. We all have different dads, all
the brothers, me, Sunny, Jai and Dakota. None of us have ever known our
dads. But there just wasn't much love... 

"When I was about 14 I got kicked out of my house... " 

No wonder he sought the comfort of a tribe, as so many young men would
if they had no job, no father, no real family, no discipline, or no
sense of belonging. 

See how many jobless and broken-homed youths were in the Kelly Gang and
Macquarie Fields Boys, which rioted at Sydney's welfare ghetto in
Macquarie Fields last February. See how many Aborigines, ditto, pelted
police with rocks, wood and molotov cocktails in the equally tribal
riots last year in drug-riddled Redfern, also in Sydney. Or burned down
a police station on jobless, booze-soaked Palm Island. 

See also the rise of ethnic gangs, such as the lethal Telopea Street
Boys, drawn largely from Sydney's Lebanese -- so many without jobs or a
sense of home. 

The we-own-the-beach Bra Boys are not half as dangerous, but are
notorious for a riot in 2002 in which they attacked off-duty police at a
party and hurt 30. After all, tribes owe their first loyalty to their
own and not to us. 

Abberton is not a thug himself, but awaits sentencing for telling lies
to protect his brother Jai, then charged with killing gangster Tony
Hines at Maroubra with three shots to the head. Jai was found not guilty
on the grounds of self-defence. 

Isnt Abberton's background only too familiar? That's just one thing that
must change: how much harder must we work to make parents responsible,
families strong and children safe, and to put young men in work and
traffickers in jail? 

Abberton's peace talks this week started with Keysar Trad, whose own
background worries me, too. 

Trad has been adopted as the voice of Sydney's Muslim Lebanese by a
media too timid or incurious to ask whether he really represents them at
all, or whether he even should. That careless irresponsibility is
another thing that must change. 

Trad was once head of the Lebanese Muslim Association, but was dumped
and now trades as head of a thing he's called the Islamic Friendship
Association. 

 But what friendship does he really offer?  Apology / Craig
Greenhill<http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5087572,00.jpg> 

Trad was once a translator of the pro-Bin Laden Islamic Youth Movement,
which ran appeals for violent jihad overseas and which has since been
investigated for alleged terrorism-related offences. 

He himself publicly rejects terrorism, but sneeringly wrote, for
instance, that "the criminal dregs of white society colonised this
country, and now, they only take the select choice of other societies,
and the descendants of these criminal dregs tell us that they are better
than us". 

He was also the spokesman of the radical Mufti of Australia, Sheik Taj
el-din El-Hilali, who preaches at Lakemba mosque, Australia's biggest
and dominated by Muslim Lebanese. 

Hilali, you'll recall, has praised suicide bombers as heroes and called
the September 11 terror attacks "God's work against oppressors" and "the
work of 100 per cent American gangs". When Lebanese Muslims pack-raped
non-Muslim girls, Hilali blamed "Australian society". But again and
again Trad defended him. Spin, spin, spin. 

Trad is one of a generation of Muslim "leaders" who have, in effect,
preached an us-against-them rhetoric that has only made tensions worse,
which is one more thing to change. The academics and writers who feed
such men their lines in anti-American and anti-Western hatred need
challenging, too. 

What makes a Trad a problem is that well before Sunday's riot,
Australia, like so many Western countries, was already struggling to
integrate Middle Eastern immigrants and, more worryingly, their
born-here children. 

For too long, thanks in part to a media often too scared to face ethnic
truths, we fooled ourselves into thinking we were actually doing this
integrating thing well. 

We looked at the Muslim riots in France and smirked. If only the French
had learned from our multicultural magic. We saw British-born Muslims
exploding themselves in trains and a bus and said ... well, too little. 

True, there were some reasons to think we could more easily embrace
Muslims. Hadn't we taken in wave after wave of people from everywhere
without one riot, until Sunday? 

But this time it's different. We are different and some of these
immigrants are, too. 

We are different, in part, because we are less sure about ourselves and
about what really unites us. Instead of being proud enough to expect
immigrants to assimilate, we urge them to stay apart through
multiculturalism. Indeed, we pay them to do so, giving three grants even
to the jihadists of the Islamic Youth Movement. 

What's more, we preach that this is a country that deserves little
respect. Hear what is taught in schools, universities, theatres, films,
books, galleries and museums: ours is a racist country with a
child-stealing and genocidal past, led by a fascist voted in by
rednecks. All this, so much of it built on deceits, must change as well.
Do I exaggerate this culture of contempt? Here, for instance, is part of
a jeering email sent to me on 

Saturday by an employee of the rabidly anti-American and Leftist SBS:
"Fact: migrants would rather die than assimilate to Australian culture.
Why would anybody willingly assimilate to a culture that the entire
world considers uncouth and un-cultured?" 

You can imagine how the children react to this vision of Australia. Many
would give their loyalty instead to something stronger: some ethnic
tribe, perhaps, or they might revolt against the insult and, feeling
threatened, chant Aussie Aussie Aussie and strike out. 

But, as I said, the immigrants have changed, too. 

Middle Eastern immigrants have brought with them a religion that too
often preaches rejection of the very society they've joined and too
often glorifies violence. 

They also brought with them radical preachers, such as the Egyptian
Hilali, the Lebanese Sheik Abdul Salam Zoud, the Jordanian Sheik
Mohammed Omran and the Algerian Abdul Nacer Benbrika, the last now
arrested, who spoke little English, but much hate. That, too, must
change. 

Many Muslims from Lebanon, in particular, were allowed in, even though
some lacked the skills, let alone the culture, to fit in easily. That
policy at least has been changed. But enough? 

You can read the inevitable result in the statistics, with Muslim
Lebanese at least twice as likely to be jailed, or jobless. No wonder
the gangs had so many recruits. 

Or you can measure the trouble in anecdotes. As long ago as 1999 (before
the September 11 attacks, or Iraq war, on which so much is blamed)
Lebanese gangs were harassing and attacking locals at Bondi beach. It
took four years of hard policing to tame them. 

In 2001 came the pack rapes, by mainly Lebanese men of girls still in
their early teens and selected because they were "skips". 

And a few Muslims, many Lebanese, drifted into extremist movements
linked to terrorism. One is now in jail in Lebanon on terrorism-related
charges, another in custody in Iraq and yet others face charges here. 

As if that wasn't enough, Middle Eastern gangs become feared as drug
traffickers and standover men. 

Sadly for us all, their rise to power came just as police found it
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/beachriot.jpg>
harder to uphold the law and their authority, or felt less inclined to.
Just think how police at the Redfern riots stood for hours under a
barrage of missiles without making arrests. More to change. 

And so, two years ago, prominent whistleblower and retired detective Tim
Priest warned that police had become too intimidated by these gangs and
too exhausted by the poor-us complaints of ethnic "spokesmen" to uphold
the law. 

"In hundreds upon hundreds of incidents, police have backed down to
Middle Eastern thugs and taken no action and allowed incidents to go
unpunished," he said. 

"Again, I stress the unbelievable influence that local politicians and
religious leaders played in covering up the real state of play..." Here
is more that needs changing. 

All this and more needs to be known to understand last Sunday's riot,
which is too easily dismissed by the usual sloganeers as just a belch of
white racism. 

We must understand also that Lebanese gangs or groups had invaded the
beaches of Cronulla for some time, with many locals reporting punch-ups,
foul abuse and sexual harassment of women. Two lifeguards were last week
attacked by up to a dozen Muslim men, one punched unconscious, forcing a
nippers' carnival to be cancelled. 

Despite many credible claims of gang strife at the beaches, claims
backed by the local state MP, police reportedly arrested just one man
all this year. When Premier Morris Iemma went to Maroubra last week to
promise action to the TV cameras, locals heckled him, one calling: "The
locals respect police. The gangs do not." Yet one more thing to change. 

So it all came together on a hot Sunday. A hot and thirsty Sunday and
how many other beer-fuelled riots have we seen in these coarsened days,
like the huge and boozy Australia Day brawl in Perth last year? 

Add the elements. A local surfing tribe. Beach invasions by another,
more violent tribe. Weak policing. Handwringing politicians. A lookaway
media. Feeble loyalties to authority. Beer. A particularly outrageous
bashing. Fear. 

Don't forget that fear and how much the locals had to be scared of. The
reprisal attacks since Sunday show how dangerous the Lebanese gangs
truly are. A man has been stabbed, a woman hit in the face with a
baseball bat, another woman attacked in a pizza shop, a dozen other
people hurt, more than 100 cars trashed, shop windows smashed in, women
terrorised, police pelted with bottles and stones, guns brandished and
reportedly fired, and it isn't over. At all. 

So does Sunday's riot add up to a simple case of damn-us white racism,
or to something far more complex and human? Oh, yes, the rioting was
cowardly, vile and disgusting. Pack attacks are, which is why we must
not merely condemn, but understand. 

To prevent. Best start now. There will be more riots before we spruce up
this home of ours and only quiet thinking, not screaming, will help us. 

[email-masked]  

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Thought of the Week

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/greaterlovess.jp
g> 

      

Perfect love casts out all fear

St John

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Christmas Greeting

                

Christmas Greetings from the Marshes and the fathersonline production
team

We wish all our readers a blessed and peaceful Christmas and a Happy New
Year.

We would like to leave this message with you about Jesus Christ our
Saviour

as a hope and encouragement for this season, and for eternity.

Love Warwick & Alison Marsh and family

and the fathersonline production team

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Christmas%20Phot
o05.JPG> 

For a child has been born for us!

The gift of a Son for us!

Hell take over the running of the world.

His names will be:

Amazing Counsellor, Strong God, 

Eternal Father, Prince of Wholeness

Isaiah 9:6 The Message

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

News & Info

 <http://www.johncesta.com/pictures/santa-reading-map.jpg> 

Warwick and Alison Marsh & family will be doing a Christmas special
broadcast on 94.1 FM between 7am -11 am Christmas Day playing their
favorite music, christmas carols and generally having fun on air.

The station can be heard right along the south coast of NSW from
Helensberg to Ulladulla

___________________________________

Catch the Fire

Marriage & Family Seminar

17 - 18th February 2006

This nation rides or falls on families. How we respond to relationship
issues is crucial. Whatever your status we all need God given
instruction. This unique seminar will help you communicate within
families, workplaces, the wider Body of Christ. For singles, couples and
families.

Speakers:

Michael & Alison Goode - Families For Life Australia

Warwick Marsh - Fatherhood Foundation

Bill Muehlenberg - Family Council of Victoria

Danny Nalliah - Catch the Fire Ministries

To register your interest in attendance please phone: 9am - 5pm

Catch The Fire Ministries Inc.

PO Box 7427, Dandenong Vic 3175

Email: [email-masked] 

Phone (03) 9794 8211 Fax (03) 9794 9311

www.catchthefire.com.au <http://www.catchthefire.com.au/>  

________________________________________________________

Letters
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/santa%20man.jpg>
Dear Fatherhood Foundation

I would like to notify you of the upcoming Dads & Kids Camp to be held
in Sydney , March 10 - 12, 2006. The camp will be held at the Collaroy
Centre, Collaroy Beach, 35 minutes north of the heart of Sydney.

As a small, non-profit organization, we rely heavily on individuals and
organizations to refer families onto us. Any support that you could
provide in this way would be most appreciative.

We have gained some limited funding to assist with registration costs
where there is genuine financial hardship.

If you have any clients whom you would like to see attend our camp
please either provide them with a copy of the flyer or refer them to our
website, www.campconnect.org.au <http://www.campconnect.org.au/>
Alternatively please email us their details.

Please note that registrations must close on Friday 10 February, 2006.

Regards

Brad Mander

Australian Camp Connect Association

P.O Box 7057

Upper Ferntree Gully

Victoria.    3156.

ph / fax [03] 9754 2587

mob 0413 587 120

email: [email-masked] 

website: www.campconnect.org.au <http://www.campconnect.org.au/>  

_______________________________________________________

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

Heard you on ABC local last week

Shame that people still don't get it! 

Great idea about training kids about relationships in school

Xmas I am on my own, want to help others, can you suggest where I can
volunteer on Xmas day.

Love to you & wife. . . & kids

 ED

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

I really appreciate the work you are doing, it is well needed.

I would like to tell you a short story that has just happened to one of
our mothers. 

She had been in jail and is out on bail. The son came to visit and he
would not eat unless it was a biscuit and only drink cordial not water.
He would scream every time it was bath time had bad nightmares every
night. His health in general was bad. 

We kept him in the program and got him well physically and mentally plus
his behaviour was much better than it had been.   Last week the courts
gave him back to his father four days a week and his mother three. His
father is a drug dealer was on drugs in court and treats the little
fellow badly. The lies they told in court amazed me and what the judge
said at one stage almost got me charged with contempt just for shaking
my head.

This has been a miscarriage of justice for the son let alone his mother.
The father is doing this really to get the mother back with him and no
other reason. 

I just thought you might like to know the other side even though you
very likely hear it a lot.

I do agree there are a lot of men that have in the past got it hard but
sometimes they don?t deserve the children.

Blessings

John Bartlett

Fresh Hope Association Inc

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

When I was a child growing up in South Africa in the 60's & the 70's I
was part of the very privileged elite, white community and was sadly,
completely unaware of the very harsh racism imposed upon my fellow
?non-white? citizens, part of what I now consider was a very
dysfunctional system and  in truth I am very happy it has changed and is
so relatively peacefully. Then suddenly four years ago, I found myself
subject to a very similar second class role by way of my now ex-wife.
One of the wonderful aspects I found very enjoyable when I arrived in
Australia in the very late 70's was the apparent freedom and equality
that I completely enjoyed through the 80's & the 90's. Very sadly I now
consider my self  informed, as I now am 'enjoying' the feeling of being
a completely second rate person / father. First, at the hand of my
ex-wife and then at the hands of the Family law Court and then the final
"prize ".... the CSA who can and have taken the remaining ... thus make
a father after 5 years of IVF as very sad prize. So, I now truly
understand the feeling of the 20 million non-white South Africans that I
grew up with, while I received all the things that I considered as a
natural right, while they were very, oh so badly, treated as mere items
of wealth makers for the ruling elite. I very strongly believe if such
an injustice system of racism then found in South Africa can be
eliminated then the current deal we as Disney Dads receive can, and must
be, defeated. This change must be done in a very positive and orderly
way.   

Regards

Clive Purt

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

We pray all is going well for you. We wish the team at the fatherhood
foundation a blessed Christmas.  Thought you might like the following
from Nelson Mandela.

Philip and Anne Harback  

We ask our selves, ?Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and
fabulous??  Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightening
about shrinking back so that other people won't feel insecure around
you. We are born to manifest the Glory of God that is within us. It's
not just in some of us, it's in everyone. As we let our light shine, we
unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are
liberated from our fears, our presence automatically liberates others.

Nelson Mandela  

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Fatherhood Foundation,

I would like to add my own thoughts to the letter that Nigel wrote to
you and that you had put in this last email newsletter.

I believe that men and women are far from equal!

In fact, I believe we are the exact opposite to each other.

Why do I think that?  

Well, this is the part where I agree with Nigel.  

God made us Male and Female for one reason only. Not to have fun, or to
introduce a creature to this world totally distracted by constantly
sparking off the other sex.  No, God made us as male and female, so we
can reproduce and hence allow the growth of us, the human race.

You see, if we were made equal, there would be something missed out on,
and there would be no need for the two of us at all.  

God being, He Who Is, knew what He was doing when He made us male and
female exactly opposite to each other.  Because, when we are joined
together, we become one complete, whole unit or human being.  

Each of us, male and female, are expert in the art of our own craft
given to us by the Father himself.  For the children to be properly
cared for, God had to have all bases covered.  So, He did it by
splitting the job into two parts that were completely opposite to each
other but as far as He was concerned, completely equal and complimentary
to each other.

We are not complete unless we are joined permanently to either a member
of the opposite sex or we are joined to God.  It is a marriage of either
of the above species, that makes us a whole human being.

Men have never, are never, and never will be, equal to women. And the
exact same is the case with women being equal to men.  It is improbable
and will never happen, in the context of the argument that we foolish
men and women have had raging for centuries.

Our Heavenly Father in His infinite wisdom, has made us for completely
different reasons.  I'm not going to go into the anatomy and
physiological aspects of the make-up of humans, but we all know what the
differences are if we are honest with ourselves.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!

In the eyes of God The Father, we, both male and female ARE
EQUAL!!!!!!!!!!

Therefore, when Our Lord Jesus said to us 2000 years ago, to love your
neighbour as yourself, and of course His Command that basically covers
all 10 set down by The Father, "Love one another as I have loved you!"  

These two statements when explained by Jesus: that our mothers; fathers;
sisters; brothers and anyone/everyone else in the world; are our
"neighbour", then we have to treat that person as a complete equal to
us.  Because Our Lord has instructed us to.  

He also told us how we are equal in sin and also in good things and in
gaining grace from The Father.

So, if all this is taken into account, then the arguments put forward by
men for hundreds of years, that women are patently stupid and are only
good for housework and child rearing, and also that of the feminists who
have created such havoc and heart-ache all round the world for a long
time now in trying to de-value the male role in society, are now totally
defunct.  They have no basis in reality.  

It boils down to the arrogance of pride and a power struggle that has
been ignited by the father of lies himself.  Satan!

There is however, one area where we, both male and female, excel at
being equal with each other, and that is sheer bloody- minded stupidity.

On the other hand, look at all the Saints and those who are saints in
the eyes of God, but have never been known of by the rest of us,  they
are all equally wonderful and thanks be to Almighty God that He put them
here to help the rest of us fairly ordinary servants.  

Where would we be without this Wonderful, Loving, Papa's love, affection
and guiding hand.

We do not know how fortunate we are.

So, as Nigel says, if once we have pulled out the super glue(which is
God's grace) and applied it to each other, then joined ourselves
together, there is no going back.  The only way to break this bond, is
to completely and very severely injure both of us, which if will take
years to recover from, if we do recover at all.  Some don't!

Then there is the damage done to the innocents.

This is where we are treading on very thin ice indeed!

One of the worst things a person could possibly do in the eyes of God
The Father, is to do some kind of harm to one of His precious children.
He is a very jealous and protective Father, even Jesus told us that.
So, better we never hurt or damage any of these precious little souls,
for fear of very severe punishment indeed!

In summary, once we are joined together as Husband and Wife, we as an
individual are dead.  

This does not mean we lose who we are or what we know, it means we no
longer think of us first.  We should always think of the other and not
of ourselves at all.  

Because if both husband and wife only thought of, and catered for the
other's needs, neither would ever be found wanting, would they?

God bless and thank you.

Peter Gregory

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Dad's Prayer

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/christ-on-cross.
jpg> 

Dear God

Thank you for coming to this earth over 2,000 years ago as a baby of
Middle Eastern appearance.

Thank you that the angels sang at your birth to the shepherds, Peace on
earth, good will towards men.

Thank you for growing up to be a man of middle-eastern appearance who
went about in a spirit of good will: doing good, healing the sick and
raising the dead.

Thank you that when that violent mob came to arrest you, you healed the
servants ear and told your disciples to put away their swords because,
they that live by the sword will die by the sword.

Thank you that, as you breathed your last pain-filled gasp of air, you
prayed on that cross, Father forgive them for they know not what they
do.

Thank you that you also cried out My God, My God, Why have you forsaken
me?

You experienced everything we have experienced and so much more, and yet
you never did wrong to anyone.

Your father even rejected you.

You became fatherless to heal us from our fatherlessness.

Your wounds bought our healing.

Your stripes made us whole.

Thank you for being a man of Middle Eastern appearance, and yet much
more than a man.

The God/Man Jesus, who gave us unconditional love.

Fill us with your perfect love.

Help us give this perfect love to our families.

Help us to give this perfect love to each other

And fill this nation with your peace.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

About Us

Mission Statement & Help Us!

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/client_images/fathers_issue163-10t
h%20October,2005_Foundation%20Logo%20180.jpg> 
Mission Statement 

The Fatherhood Foundation is a charitable, non profit incorporated
association with a goal to inspire men to a greater level of excellence
as fathers, by encouraging and educating them, thereby renewing and
empowering families.

Click here for more information about us
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/rr.asp?s=3393&v=300&c=21&u=http://
www.ausheart.com.au/fathers/about/index.html>  

Help Us!

The Fatherhood Foundation believes that the key to life is giving.
That's why this newsletter is given freely without expectation.  Life is
also about relationships.  That's what being a good father is all about,
developing relationships with your loved ones.
 
If you would like to give financially to the Fatherhood Foundation,
please mail your cheque or money order to:
Fatherhood Foundation
PO Box 440
WOLLONGONG  NSW  2520
AUSTRALIA

You have received the fathersonline.org newsletter because you have
subscribed, or you have been subscribed by a friend.  If you do not wish
to receive future emails, please click the UNSUBSCRIBE button below or
send an email to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject heading.

back to top 

	Click Here to Unsubscribe
<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/optout/?CampaignID=588&Con
tactID=90915>