Subject: Fathers Setting Goals
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:26:48 +1100

<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/tracker/read.asp?ReadID=35
1800> 
Unable to read this email? Please click here
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/view.asp?CampaignMediaID=612&Cont
actID=90915&ContactEmail=[email-masked]> 
 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/header.jpg> 
Issue 171 - 5th November 2005 	Go to our website Here
<http://www.fathersonline.org/> 	 
 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/inthisissue.jpg>
*	Welcome
*	Grandads
*	Laughter
*	Single Dads
*	Happy New Year
*	Thought of the Week
*	New Years Wisdom
*	News & Info
*	Dad's Prayer
*	About Us

Welcome

 <http://images.creatas.com/common/detail/01/88/22998801.jpg> 

<http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.carnationtreefarm.
com/images/Santa_family.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.carnationtreefarm.com/g
allery.htm&h=960&w=1280&sz=561&tbnid=HFHN0RUpzAwJ:&tbnh=112&tbnw=150&hl=
en&start=7&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsanta%2Bfamily%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr
%3D%26sa%3DG>  

It seems that we've arrived suddenly in 2006! You might well ask where
2005 went? A  very good question. Some probably don't want to think
about 2005 - it's simply too painful. For others, the treadmill was
going so fast you felt as if your feet got burned trying to keep up.
Maybe you felt you achieved a lot in 2005, but it wasn't really what you
wanted to achieve. I've got some news for you: You can't change
yesterday, 'Yesterday's gone' as Fleetwood Mac says, but you can change
today. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. How are you
going to change today, and the rest of this year for the better? Quite
simple - Goal Setting.

Most people are on the road to nowhere. We bump through life, hoping
that accidentally, things will get better and we will get to where we
want to be. But if we don't know where we want to be, how are we going
to get there. There is a saying in the Proverbs, 'Without a vision, the
people perish'. What is your vision? What are your dreams and how are
you going to achieve them? That is what goal setting is all about.
However the question is: What type of goals should we set?

Dale Carnegie speaks of having a secret gold standard operating in your
life. Currency fluctuations can devalue a currency overnight, but gold,
tested by fire, is the only safe, long-term fiscal investment. Gold has
integrity, a long life-history and an even stronger future. So do the
goals that are set by the secret gold standard or higher values in life:
value-driven goals. 

Let your life goals be set by the secret gold standard that is operating
in you and your family's life. True integrity in goal setting will
produce true success when the goals are achieved. Only this sort of
success will last the test of time. I suggest that you break your life
goals up under the following headings which line up with the Seven
Secrets for Success which I will share with you next week.

Life Goals

1) Personal & Self Goals

2) Family and Relationship Goals

3) Self-development, Learning and Attitude Goals

4) Health and Fitness Goals

5) Giving Goals

6) Work and Financial Goals

7) Spiritual Goals

You must write your goals down. Where possible talk them over with those
close to you. Place them where you can see them every day. Simplify
them. Re-evaluate and reset your goals. Ideally your goals should be
part of a 5 or 10 year plan. Hopefully you will develop an overall life
purpose. This will help you with your yearly goal-setting exercise. Work
out a daily and weekly goal plan to implement your goals. Plan your work
and work your plan and then celebrate your achievements at regular
intervals.

Lovework

Do your family a big favour and set some goals for yourself and your
family as you launch into 2006. Remember if you can't love and look
after yourself, you will never be able to love and look after your
family.

Good life goals are motivated by love. They begin with you and then go
out to others.

Just get a blank sheet of paper and start writing them down. Stick
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Pen%20and%20Pape
r.jpg> them up somewhere so you can see them. Also write them down in
the front page of your diary. Remember to put some fun goals in for you
and your family. Life is too short not to have fun.

Yours for setting goals

Warwick Marsh

________________________________________________________

Warwick Marsh  has been married to Alison for 30 years. He is 
the father of five children, four boys and one girl, ranging in 
age from 25 years to 13 years.  Warwick is a musician, 
songwriter, producer and public speaker who likes to think he 
can still laugh at himself.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Grandads

 Me on the Wall<http://www.pinkgeometric.com/blog/images/jc10.jpg> 

A journey of a thousand miles

must begin with a single step

Lao-Tzu (c.604-531 BC)

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Laughter

  <http://graphics.iparenting.com/clipart/mumdadme/MUM87.jpg>    

Why God made mums!

Answers given by 2nd grade school kids to the following questions -

Why did God make mothers?

1.                   She's the only one who knows where the sticky tape
is.

2.                   Mostly to clean the house.

3.                 To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?

1.                   He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.

2.                   Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.

3 .                  God made my Mum just the same like He made me. He
just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?

1.                   God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and
everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.

2.                   They had to get their start from men's bones. Then
they mostly are string, I think.

Why did God give you your mother and not some other mum?

1.                      We're related.

2.                      God knew she likes me a lot more than other
people's mums like me.

What kind of little girl was your mum?

1.        My mum has always been my mum and none of that other stuff.

2.        I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be
pretty bossy.

3 .       They say she used to be nice.

What did mum need to know about dad before she married him?

1.                   His last name.

2.                   She had to know his background.  Like is he a
crook?  Does he get drunk on beer?

3.                   Does he make at least $800 a year?  Does he say NO
to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your mum marry your dad?

1.                   My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world.  And
my mum eats a lot.

2.                   She got too old to do anything else with him.

3.                   My grandma says that mum didn't have her thinking
cap on.

Who?s the boss at your house?

1.                   Mum doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because
dad's such a goofball.

2.                   Mum. You can tell by room inspection.  She sees the
stuff under the bed.

3.                   I guess mum is, but only because she has a lot more
to do than dad.

What?s the difference between mums and dads?

1.                   Mums work at work and work at home and dads just go
to work at work.

2.                   Mums know how to talk to teachers without scaring
them.

3.                   Dads are taller and stronger, but mums have all the
real power ? cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over
at your friend?s.

4.                   Mums have magic, they make you feel better without
medicine.

What does your mum do in her spare time?

1.                   Mothers don't do spare time.

2.                   To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would make your mum perfect?

1.       On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind
of plastic surgery.

2.       Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your mum, what would it be?

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Woman_shops.gif>
1.                   She has this weird about me keeping my room clean.
I'd get rid of that.

2.                   I'd make my mum smarter.  Then she would know it
was my sister who did it and not me.

3.                   I would for her to get rid of those invisible eyes
on the back of her head.

(From Abundant Life, December 2005, page 5.)

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Single Dads

<http://www.giftsforgeezers.com/50th-birthday/50th-birthday-book-300.jpg
> 

<http://nk99.org/images/kids/DSCN2207s.jpg> 

 Father and
Son<http://www.familyvacationcenter.com/Cancellation/father_son_ocean.jp
g> 

Joint Parenting Association
Media Release

In the wake of the recently proclaimed announcements of the "biggest
changes to family law in 30 years", it may be somewhat premature to
claim 'victory' for children and their fathers. 

Notwithstanding the spin of official media releases, the 2005 child
custody amendments do nothing more than recycle the ignored 1995
changes.

'The Family Court got it wrong!' was the plain message by Minister Peter
Duncan, as he moved the Keating government's 1995 amendments. In
response to the Family Court's refusal to comply with the intent of the
original legislation, Minister Duncan stated that:

"The original intention of the late Senator Murphy was that the Family
Law Act would create a rebuttable presumption of shared parenting, but
over the years the Family Court has chosen to ignore that. It is hoped
that these reforms will now call for much closer attention to this
presumption and that the Family Court will give full and proper effect
to the intention of Parliament."  (Duncan P. Consideration of Senate
Message, House of Reps Hansard 21 November, 1995, pp 3303)

Strikingly, despite this further reinforced legislative directive from
the Labor Party, the Family Court continued to snub its nose at the
intention of this legislation, and joint custody orders in fact fell
further from an already paltry 5%, to a further low of just 2.5%.

In his telling "Kangaroo Court" critique, the well respected academic
and social commentator, Mr. John Hirst, underscored the inability of
Australian governments to fully grasp the extent of resistance to equal
parenting initiatives from a Family Court with remarkably entrenched
views. Of the recently proposed Family Law changes, Mr. John Hirst
stated that:

"Late in 2003, the standing committee reported its findings. It is not
clear why it baulked at recommending that joint custody be made law. The
committee itself seemed committed to the change; the bulk of the
evidence it heard was in favour; the Prime Minister had given them the
cue. Although not prepared to recommend it as law, it remained
sympathetic to joint custody and in appropriate cases it urged that it
be encouraged. Judges in Australia were to consider equal time!" 

"Consider it?

"The Court had made it abundantly clear to the committee that it was
opposed to anything like equal time.."

The same obstacles to anything resembling equal parenting time will be
faced by this new legislation. It is a pointless exercise to ask the
Family Court to 'consider' equal parenting time, when the whole culture
of the Court is directed against such outcomes

Importantly, the studies that have sought the views of children document
that equal time with their parents is what most children want.
Everything known about the children of divorce and their needs tells us
that it is in their best interests to maximize the involvement of both
parents for the benefit of the child. Where both parents seek to
continue their role as parents, the court should reduce neither parent
to a mere visitor, unless the other parent comes forward with a
compelling reason to do so. 

If the Howard government genuinely favours equal parenting time as a
preferred family law approach, then it must direct the Family Court with
CONCRETE legislation that requires a rebuttable presumption of equal
parenting time as a starting point. 

History suggests that anything less will simply be conveniently
interpreted by a resistant Family Court as permission to continue the
failed status quo. 

Jointly authorised and released by:
Joint Parenting Association 
Box 7115
West Lakes, South Australia 5021

http://www.jointparenting.org.au/ <http://www.jointparenting.org.au/>  

&

Fathers4Equality Australia
PO Box 57, 
THIRROUL, NSW, 2515

http://www.fathers4equality-australia.org/
<http://www.fathers4equality-australia.org/> 

Editor's Note: The Joint Parenting Association in South Australia has
provided a compelling analysis of the proposed legislation reform.  In
spite of the Government's obvious good intentions in relation to its
reform, the Fatherhood Foundation shares the concern of the Joint
Parenting Association,  that the good intent of the Family Law Reform
could well run aground on the rocky reef of the Family Law Court.  We
hope to present our own analysis of the Government's proposals to our
readers in the very near future.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Happy New Year

 

 New Year's Eve /
Reuters<http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5091947,00.jpg> 

Prime Minister John Howard's New Year message:

"Australians should greet 2006 with hope and optimism. This is a strong
and respected country. Our nation's standing abroad has never been
higher. As 2005 showed it is also a compassionate country with a big
heart. 

"The strength of the Australian economy is the product of many past
economic reforms. That reform process was maintained to the full in
2005. It must, and will, continue in 2006. 

"We cannot fall into the complacent belief that the good economic times
will be maintained without constant effort and, where necessary, change
and innovation. 

"Stable and happy family life is crucial to Australia's future. Strong
economic growth has cut unemployment and lifted family incomes while
interest rates and inflation have stayed low. All of this has helped
Australian families confidently plan for the future. 

"More flexibility under the new workplace arrangements will enable
Australians an even greater capacity to balance work and family life. 

"In 2006, while focusing on national security and continued economic
growth, which benefits all Australians, the government will not ignore
those of our fellow Australians who, through no fault of their own, have
not enjoyed the success and good fortune of others. 

"At this time let us all remember the great work of our police,
firefighters and other emergency workers who do so much to protect us
and make the Christmas and New Year holiday period as safe and as
enjoyable as possible. 

"Janette joins me in wishing all Australians a happy and peaceful New
Year." 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Thought of the Week

 <http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs3/billcosby.jpg> 

      

Nothing I've ever done

has given me more joy and rewards

than being a father to my children

Bill Cosby

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

New Years Wisdom

 
<http://www.wallpaper.net.au/wallpaper/other/New%20Years%20Fire%20Works%
20-%201024x768.jpg>       

You must have long range goals
to keep you from being frustrated by
short range failures

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

News & Info

 <http://www.salemanager.com/images/Reading%20the%20Newspaper.jpg> 

 

Marriage is Undermined by Gay Unions says the Prime Minister

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17662165-421,00.html
<http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17662165-421,00.html> 

__________________________________________________

Prime Minister fights to cut divorce

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17700401-2,00.html
<http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17700401-2,00.html> 

________________________________________________________

He can only save one daughter

The toughest decision a parent can be asked to make

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,17665122-5001027,00.
html
<http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,17665122-5001027,00
.html> 

_______________________________________________

Catch the Fire

Marriage & Family Seminar

17 - 18th February 2006

This nation rides or falls on families. How we respond to relationship
issues is crucial. Whatever your status we all need God given
instruction. This unique seminar will help you communicate within
families, workplaces, the wider Body of Christ. For singles, couples and
families.

Speakers:

Michael & Alison Goode - Families For Life Australia

Warwick Marsh - Fatherhood Foundation

Bill Muehlenberg - Family Council of Victoria

Danny Nalliah - Catch the Fire Ministries

To register your interest in attendance please phone: 9am - 5pm

Catch The Fire Ministries Inc.

PO Box 7427, Dandenong Vic 3175

Email: [email-masked] 

Phone (03) 9794 8211 Fax (03) 9794 9311

www.catchthefire.com.au <http://www.catchthefire.com.au/>  

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Dad's Prayer

 <http://www.jewishworldreview.com/images/puzzled_guy.jpg> 

Dear God

Help me figure out my goals.

Help me write them down on paper.

Help me make sure that you are always No 1.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

About Us

Mission Statement & Help Us!

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/client_images/fathers_issue163-10t
h%20October,2005_Foundation%20Logo%20180.jpg> 
Mission Statement 

The Fatherhood Foundation is a charitable, non profit incorporated
association with a goal to inspire men to a greater level of excellence
as fathers, by encouraging and educating them, thereby renewing and
empowering families.

Click here for more information about us
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/rr.asp?s=3393&v=300&c=21&u=http://
www.ausheart.com.au/fathers/about/index.html>  

Help Us!

The Fatherhood Foundation believes that the key to life is giving.
That's why this newsletter is given freely without expectation.  Life is
also about relationships.  That's what being a good father is all about,
developing relationships with your loved ones.
 
If you would like to give financially to the Fatherhood Foundation,
please mail your cheque or money order to:
Fatherhood Foundation
PO Box 440
WOLLONGONG  NSW  2520
AUSTRALIA

You have received the fathersonline.org newsletter because you have
subscribed, or you have been subscribed by a friend.  If you do not wish
to receive future emails, please click the UNSUBSCRIBE button below or
send an email to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject heading.

back to top 

	Click Here to Unsubscribe
<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/optout/?CampaignID=603&Con
tactID=90915>