Subject: Fathers Putting Children First
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:54:17 +1100

<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/tracker/read.asp?ReadID=39
4301> 
Unable to read this email? Please click here
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/view.asp?CampaignMediaID=668&Cont
actID=90915&ContactEmail=[email-masked]> 
 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/header.jpg> 
Issue 178 - 23rd January,2006 	Go to our website Here
<http://www.fathersonline.org/> 	 
 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/inthisissue.jpg>
*	Welcome Warwick
*	Grandads
*	Laughter
*	Single Dads
*	Fatherlessness & Family Law Reform Fiasco
*	Thought of the Week
*	All You Need is Love
*	News & Info
*	Dad's Prayer
*	About Us

Welcome Warwick

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/kids%20in%20voil
ence.jpg> 

In March 2005, the West Australian newspaper did an editorial on the
state of family law reform with a particular expose on child custody
cases and the unjust activities of the Child Support Agency. The West
Australian was inundated with letters, emails and phone calls.  The
flood of interest and the enormous level of feeling within the community
on the subject took the newspaper by surprise.  

Before we go any further, let me say that the Fatherhood Foundation
believes that it is the father's role to support the children that he
co-creates. However it is important to realise that the end does not
justify the means.  It is critical to treat those men and women who get
divorced with respect and equality.  It is also important to ensure
justice for children, who through no fault of their own, get caught up
in the heartbreak caused by divorce.  The song by Eric Clapton flashes
through my mind, 'Why does love have to be so sad'.

It would seem from the many letters to the 'West Australian' that the
whole community is profoundly aware of the many injustices that await
divorcing couples in our truncated family law system.  Even Dr John
Hirst, a well-respected academic and social commentator, who did an
independent analysis of Australia's current family law system, said in
his report, 'I cannot see the way by which the Court can be rescued.
Until there is a fundamental change, it will continue to give offence.
The Family Court is a monstrosity, a court of law that cannot, by its
no-fault charter be a court of justice.'  I will always remember talking
to Dr Robert Kelso, a lecturer in ethics and public policy at
Rockhampton University.  Trying to understand the topic I asked him,
'What is exactly wrong with our current family law system?'  Dr Kelso
replied, 'The Family Law Court has been cut away from the rest of
jurisprudence by Attorney General, Justice Lionel Murphy, who in his
haste to bring in no-fault divorce and reduce conflict, brought in a
'new' system that led to even more conflict and even more injustice.'

Over the years, the Family Law Court has developed its own culture
surrounding its 'one size fits all' policy of sole custody that no
longer relates to the real world of families nor perhaps ever did.  Mark
Whitaker, who runs Family Advantage: www.familyadvantage.com.au based in
Cairns, has been before the High Court a number of times as a
self-defended respondent in Family Law Court matters. Mark spent some
time with the Prime Minister, John Howard, a few years ago.  When the
Prime Minister asked him what was wrong with the Family Law system, his
reply was, 'Nothing in theory.  It has more to do with the
administration of the law by the Family Law Court which is so riddled
with anti-father bias; it is incapable of justice in its current form.'
This is now so widely known amongst the general community that many
prospective fathers are avoiding marriage and also avoiding having
children.

To quote from Alex Bjelic in his letter to the West Australian last
year, 'No wonder Australia's birth rate is in steady decline and the
nation is ageing rapidly.  Not that I really care.  I will go on to
enjoy my life to the fullest and go to the pub and drink with the crew
without having to answer to anyone.  Since I entered the workforce 15
years ago I have heard stories from men and women about marriage
break-ups, custody battles and, worst of all, what both sides say about
the CSA.  The way the system works discourages me from marrying and
having kids.!
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/girl%20reading.j
pg> 

This is one of the many tragic outcomes of our dysfunctional Family Law
system.  Marriage is actively avoided and family formation is
discouraged and Australia's population crisis gets worse.  We must speak
up before it's too late.

Lovework

Its time to speak up for positive change for children who are
consistently being robbed of their fathers by a corrupt Family law Court
system.  We can be silent no longer.  Within a matter of weeks the
reform will be voted on by parliament. Please contact your local Federal
member and State Senators and ask them to introduce to the reform
package a presumption of equal access for children to their mothers and
fathers in the event of family breakdown.  The current Family law Reform
package is fatally flawed as it stands.  The Family Law reform fiasco
cannot go unchallenged by the people of Australia.  We must put our
children first.

Yours for putting children first

Warwick Marsh  

 ________________________________________

Warwick Marsh  has been married to Alison for 30 years. He is 
the father of five children, four boys and one girl, ranging in 
age from 25 years to 13 years.  Warwick is a musician, 
songwriter, producer and public speaker who likes to think he 
can still laugh at himself.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Grandads

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Scales_of_Justic
e_3.jpg> 

It is of fundamental importance

that justice should not only be done,

but should manifestly and undoubtedly

be seen to be done.

Gordon Hewart

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Justice%204.gif>
back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Laughter

Ordering in the Future
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/pizza_delivery.j
pg> 

Operator: Thank you for calling Pizza Makers. May I have your national
ID number? 
 
Customer: Hi, I'd like to place an order. 
 
Operator: I must have your NIDN first, sir. 
 
Customer: My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it's
6102049998-45-54610. 
 
Operator: Thank you Mr Sheehan. I see you live at 1742 Homeland Drive,
and the phone number is 3232 4242. Your office number over at Lincoln
Insurance is 745-2302 and your mobile number is 0004 123 123 Email
address is [email-masked]. Which number are you calling from sir? 
 
Customer: Huh? I'm at home. Where'd you get all this information? 
 
Operator: We're wired into the HSS, sir. 
 
Customer: The HSS, what is that? 
 
Operator: We're wired into the Homeland Security System, sir. This will
add only 15 seconds to your ordering time. 
 
Customer: (sighs) Oh well, I'd like to order a couple of your All-Meat
Special pizzas. 
 
Operator: I don't think that's a good idea, sir. 
 
Customer: Whaddya mean? 
 
Operator: Sir, your medical records and commode sensors indicate that
you've got very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your
National Health Care provider won't allow such an unhealthy choice. 
 
Customer: What?!?! What do you recommend, then? 
 
Operator: You might try our low-fat Soybean Pizza. I'm sure you'll like
it. 
 
Customer: What makes you think I'd like something like that? 
 
Operator: Well, you checked out 'Gourmet Soybean Recipes' from your
local library last week, sir. That's why I made the suggestion. 
 
Customer: All right, all right. Give me two family-sized ones, then. 
 
Operator: That should be plenty for you, your wife and your four kids.
Your 2 dogs can finish the crusts, sir. Your total is $49.99. 
 
Customer: Lemme give you my credit card number. 
 
Operator: I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay in cash. Your
credit card balance is over its limit. 
 
Customer: I'll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your driver
gets here. 
 
Operator: That won't work either, sir. Your cheque account is overdrawn
also. 
 
Customer: Never mind! Just send the pizzas. I'll have the cash ready.
How long will it take? 
 
Operator: We're running a little behind, sir. It'll be about 45 minutes,
sir. If you're in a hurry you might want to pick'em up while you're out
getting the cash, but then, carrying pizzas on a motorcycle can be a
little awkward. 
 
Customer: Wait! How do you know I ride a scooter? 
 
Operator: It says here you're in arrears on your car payments, so your
car got repo'ed. But your Harley's paid for and you just filled the tank
yesterday. 
 
Customer: Well, I'll be a #%#^^&$%^$@# 
 
Operator: I'd advise watching your language, sir. You've already got a
July 4, 2003 conviction for cussing out a cop and another one I see here
in September for contempt at your hearing for cussing at a judge. Oh
yes, I see here that you just got out from a 90 day stay in the State
Correctional Facility. Is this your first pizza since your return to
society? 
 
Customer: (speechless)
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Pizza%20delivery
%201.jpg> 
 
Operator: Will there be anything else, sir? 
 
Customer: Yes, I have a coupon for a free 2 litre of Coke.. 
 
Operator: I'm sorry sir, but our ad's exclusionary clause prevents us
from offering free soda to diabetics. The New Constitution prohibits
this. 
 
Thank you for calling Pizza Makers. 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Single Dads

 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Boy_wings.jpg> 

Until You Spread Your Wings

by Tony Miller

Until you spread your wings you'll have no idea how far you can fly. 

That's what I have displayed on the wall of my office. I am writing it
here for all of you but especially my son Beau. He is in England at the
moment spreading his wings and gee I miss him. 'I am going to conquer
the world dad', he said as he was leaving. And all my hopes and dreams
for him went with him. 'You know doubt will, mate. You know doubt will.'

I have just spent Christmas with my little boy Cass. It was our first
Christmas together in six years, so it was very special for both of us.
We had a wonderful time together, most of it spent in the pool. He
talked a lot about missing his big brother. His little world has changed
dramatically over the last few years. His mother and I divorcing. Him
dividing his time between both. His brother going overseas. New people
coming in and out of his life. He became a little sullen towards the end
of our time together and when I quizzed him he said he was just sad that
our time together was coming to an end. 

'How old do I have to be before I can make my own mind up on where I
want to live?' he asked so seriously one day, as only as a ten year old
can. 

'Where do you want to live mate?' I asked. 

'I want to live one week with you and the other with mum,' he said. 

'Well how about you think about that over the next 6 months mate and see
if you still feel the same way,' I told him. Not that I don't want him
50/50, it's just that I want HIM to be sure of what HE wants. Not what I
want. You see it's about our children, not us and sometimes that's hard
to take. However you have to take it. They're our kids, they look up to
us, and we have to set the lead. He is just spreading his wings and
until you spread your wings you'll have no idea how far you can fly.

I see many guys on my journey who have given up on the game of life
often before the game has really begun. They become sullen and depressed
because they feel life has turned on them. Life has dealt a cruel blow.
Once they were married, had a family and now they haven't. What do I do?
Where do I go? Sometimes they become embroiled in a tug of war over
their children without ever asking the children what THEY want.
Unfortunately often the children are used by warring parents as pawns,
bargaining chips and are often denied contact with the non custodial
parent, to the children's detriment. Often in this cloud of war the
children themselves are forgotten in the battle. They stand there
watching like they would a tennis match. Silent, watching and learning.

My almost 17 year old son doesn't spend a lot of time with me, nor does
he with his mother. He is too busy doing what almost 17 year olds do.
It's not cool to be seen at Maccas with either mum or dad. It's not cool
to go the movies with either mum or dad. He wants to hang with his
mates, he wants to do HIS stuff. And that's ok, he is just spreading his
wings and until you spread your wings you'll have no idea how far you
can fly.

Recently I received a letter in the mail. It was from Lisa Curry Kenny
MBE OAM, Chair of the National Australia Day Council. The letter
(abbreviated) began:

Dear Mr Tony Miller, 

You may not be aware but you were nominated for the Australian of the
Year Awards 2006 and I am writing to congratulate you on your
nomination. The Australian of the Year Awards are our nation's
pre-eminent awards recognising excellence and service by Australians in
all fields of endeavour. The Awards acknowledge individuals who are
inspirational and outstanding Australians. Being nominated for the
awards is a great honour, and I hope you feel proud of the impact you
are having in your community and the nation. Unfortunately your
nomination was not successful this year however your contributions are
significant and we are delighted to enclose a certificate to acknowledge
your nomination. Thank you for making Australia a better place to live.

I sat there for some time after reading the letter absolutely stunned
until emotion took over and tears were streaming down my face. I felt
amazed, I felt proud, I felt unworthy, I felt humbled. You see, it
wasn't that long ago where I was that guy who had given up on the game
of life, before the game had really begun.
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/eagle.gif> 

Until you spread your wings you'll have no idea how far you can fly. 

Tony Miller dids

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>   

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Fatherlessness & Family Law Reform Fiasco

Fatherlessness and 

The Family Law Reform Fiasco
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/csa.jpg> 

Part 1 by Warwick Marsh

The promised Family Law Reform by the Federal Government could be
another case of re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, instead of
plugging the leak to stop the ship going down.  Many of the reform
proposals, such as the Family Relationship Centres, are well
intentioned, but unless they solve the fundamental problem they really
become another layer of bureaucracy to waste taxpayer's money.  

In June 2003 the Prime Minister called for an enquiry into the need for
a 'presumption of shared parenting'.  In late 2003, the House of
Representative's Standing Committee on Family and Community Affairs
sidestepped the Prime Minister's original request, and came up with a
nebulous concept of 'shared parental responsibility' and the need to
direct divorcing couples away from the Family Law Court via an early
intervention programme.  In the latter matter, directing divorcing
couples away from expensive, often fruitless and heartbreaking
litigation procedures within the Family Law Court, the Committee's
report was one hundred percent correct.

Fatherlessness has been shown to increase the likelihood of increased
poverty, increased crime, increased incarceration in a prison, increased
likelihood of violent sex crimes against women, increased drug abuse,
lower educational performance, increased susceptibility to mental health
problems, increased risk of suicide and increased likelihood of child
sexual abuse. If Australia can increase the proportion of children
growing up with involved, responsible and committed fathers, we can
begin to solve the problem of fatherlessness in Australia. Dr Bruce
Robinson has estimated that fatherlessness costs Australia 13 billion
dollars per year. The problem of fatherlessness calls for a broad range
of both government and community based initiatives.  The easiest part of
the fatherlessness problem to fix, would be the reform of the Family Law
Court.  The introduction of a presumption of equal parenting whilst
imperfect, is the best by far of all the bad options. Divorce will
always produce a certain amount of fatherlessness and motherlessness
which ever way the sums are done. The key is to find a way to ensure
equality for divorcing couples, justice for children and reduce divorce
at the same time.

The proposed 2005 child custody changes in the Family Law Reform package
do nothing more than recycle the ignored 1995 changes.

'The Family Court got it wrong!' was the plain message by Minister Peter
Duncan, as he moved the Keating government's 1995 amendments. In
response to the Family Court's refusal to comply with the intent of the
original legislation, Minister Duncan stated that:

"The original intention of the late Senator Murphy was that the Family
Law Act would create a rebuttable presumption of shared parenting, but
over the years the Family Court has chosen to ignore that. It is hoped
that these reforms will now call for much closer attention to this
presumption and that the Family Court will give full and proper effect
to the intention of Parliament."  (Duncan P. Consideration of Senate
Message, House of Reps Hansard 21 November, 1995, pp 3303)

Strikingly, despite this further reinforced legislative directive from
the Labor Party, the Family Court continued to snub its nose at the
intention of this legislation, and joint custody orders in fact fell
further from an already paltry 5%, to a further low of just 2.5%.

In his telling "Kangaroo Court" critique, the well respected academic
and social commentator, Mr John Hirst, underscored the inability of
Australian governments to fully grasp the extent of resistance to equal
parenting initiatives from a Family Court with remarkably entrenched
views. Of the recently proposed Family Law changes, Mr John Hirst stated
that:

"Late in 2003, the standing committee reported its findings. It is not
clear why it baulked at recommending that joint custody be made law. The
committee itself seemed committed to the change; the bulk of the
evidence it heard was in favour; the Prime Minister had given them the
cue. Although not prepared to recommend it as law, it remained
sympathetic to joint custody and in appropriate cases it urged that it
be encouraged. Judges in Australia were to consider equal time!"

The same obstacles to anything resembling equal parenting time will be
faced by this new legislation. It is a pointless exercise to ask the
Family Court to 'consider' equal parenting time, when the whole culture
of the Court is directed against such outcomes.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Thought of the Week

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Father_Bride.jpg
> 

 

 

Fathers are what give daughters
away to other men

who aren't nearly good enough . . .

So they can have grandchildren

that are smarter than anybody! 

Paul Harvey

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

All You Need is Love

All You Need is Love
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/happy_marriage.j
pg> 

"Why is it that people get married?

Because we need a witness to our lives.

There's a billion people on the planet.

What does any one life really mean?

But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything!

The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane
things,

All of it! all the time, every day. 

You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it.

Your life will not go unwitnessed - because I will be your witness.'"

Wife in the movie, "Shall We Dance?" 2004 

I found this quote in www.smartmarriages.com
<http://www.smartmarriages.com/> . It struck me immediately as being
profound. Sometimes I think to myself that Louisa gives my life meaning.
Famous Australian novelist Partick White described his partner Manoly as
"My sweet reason". Now I'm not saying that my life would have no meaning
had I not met Louisa or I lost her. But her meaning in my life is
meaning. I interpret my life in the context of hers and hers in mine. I
am a pretty stong-willed, bull-headed man, despite what some critics
think, and do not live my life tied to her apron-strings. But to see her
face is like starting anew every time. I don't need a witness to prove I
am alive. It's more like a presence. Like the Sun. You don't always
notice it, but it's shining and warming all the time. My life with
Louisa is different and better than a life without her, with someone
else. 

(How can I tell? Because I have loved and lived with other women. Louisa
was qualitatively different from the moment I first truly saw her. I saw
her physically three or four times before my eyes were opened. Then I
believe I saw her spirit. Spirit in me recognised Spirit in her, and
Spirit danced with joy at recognising itself as in a mirror. It was a
shattering experience for me. I remember a week after we collided, she
went away for the Michaelmas Term vacation and I wondered around on the
farm in a daze, thinking about her, as if I was making a momentous
decision. I felt scared. Like I was about to enter some dangerous
forest. The day she returned, I went to her residential college room
and, as we rushed together to fall into a passionate kiss, I clumsily
stepped all over her toes. This was portentious, because I literally,
figuratively, and emotionally stepped on her toes by taking her for
granted over the next 4 years, so much so that she left me soon after
our first child was born... and thus began my dark night of the soul.
And the journey towards writing Man Overboard.)

Taken from Michael Kiely's blogsite:
http://manoverboardbook.blogspot.com
<http://manoverboardbook.blogspot.com/>  

Free Offer of E-Book for Fathersonline Subscribers

'Man Overboard' by Michael Kiely is a breakthrough book, designed to
help men rescue and renew their marriage relationships.  Michael has
been married for over 30 years, has three children and a background in
business and marketing.  He shares with his readers how he rescued his
own marriage when it went into crisis mode.  'Man Overboard' is short
(100 pages), filled with headlines, valuable insights and quotations and
doesn?t beat around the bush.  Warwick Marsh, founder of the 'Fatherhood
Foundation' says, 'Every man should read this book if he is serious
about staying married.  It is easy to fall in love, but you have to
fight to stay in love.  Michael Kiely's book will give you keys to win
the battle of love and save your marriage from destruction.  'Man
Overboard' will help to keep the 'love fires' burning, but beware, this
book is only for the brave.  The fainthearted should not read this
book.!

To get your free copy of 'Man Overboard' (normally over $20), simply
send your request with a copy of the first page of your fathersonline
(which contains your first name and email address), to Michael Kiely:
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>    with
'Free copy of Man Overboard' written in the subject line.

Don't miss out.  This offer will not last.  Make sure you give Michael
some feedback on his kindness in giving you a copy, free of charge 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

News & Info

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/man_newspaper.jp
g> 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/logo_faces.gif> 

 Camp Connect for Dads, Kids and Family

More geat resources and Camp events.Download the newsletter below and
camp registration:

http://www.campconnect.org.au/images/September2006Flyer&Reg.pdf
<http://www.campconnect.org.au/images/September2006Flyer&Reg.pdf> 

_________________________________________________

Marriage & Family Seminar

17 - 18th February 2006

This nation rides or falls on families. How we respond to relationship
issues is crucial. Whatever your status we all need God given
instruction. This unique seminar will help you communicate within
families, workplaces, the wider Body of Christ. For singles, couples and
families.

Speakers:

Michael & Alison Goode - Families For Life Australia

Warwick Marsh - Fatherhood Foundation

Bill Muehlenberg - Family Council of Victoria

Danny Nalliah - Catch the Fire Ministries

To register your interest in attendance please phone: 9am - 5pm

Catch The Fire Ministries Inc.

PO Box 7427, Dandenong Vic 3175

Email: [email-masked] 

Phone (03) 9794 8211 Fax (03) 9794 9311

www.catchthefire.com.au <http://www.catchthefire.com.au/>  

__________________________________________________________

CFS Luncheon

Warwick Marsh will also be speaking at 1 pm, Wednesday 15th February
2006 on 'Sexual Integrity, Fatherhood and Family Law Reform'.

This function will be held at the Theatrette, NSW Parliament House,
Macquarie St, Sydney and is open to the public.  

To RSVP please phone Jonathon Flegg on 02 9230 3340

 __________________________________________________________

 

Joint custody bill advances in Italy

Rome, Jan. 25 (UPI)  

The Italian Senate has approved a bill that expands custody rights of
divorced fathers by making joint custody of children the norm in divorce
cases. Supporters of the legislation said it will revolutionize the
application of family law in Italy, the Italian news agency ANSA
reported.

"Finally, both parents will have equal rights and responsibilities with
respect to their children when there is a separation," said Justice
Undersecretary Jole Santelli.

In 2004 judges gave the mother sole custody in 84 percent of divorce
cases involving children. Fathers were granted custody in 6.5 percent of
cases and joint custody was awarded in 8.8 percent of cases.

The new law, which ANSA said had bipartisan support in parliament,
guarantees both parents the right to regular contact with their
offspring. It also requires both to support their children financially
and jointly make all important decisions on health and education.

If parents cannot agree on an issue, the law requires them to take the
matter to court.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Says Morris Iemma, Premier of New South Wales, Australia, 'Bringing up
kids is the most important thing a society can do.  It's also one of the
hardest.'

* * * * * * * * * * * 

Letters

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

From my point of view, strong reactions to my book, 'Man Overboard', are
a good sign of success in the marketplace. I say to my clients: "Unless
we are getting a good strong flow of complaints about your advertising,
we have failed to create a blockbuster. The complaint factor is a
failsafe indicative response accompanying extraordinary success. This is
because the message is strong and forces people to take a stand.

So I welcome strong negative reactions. In this light I expect to
receive more from the 30+ people who have responded to your invitation.

Michael Kiely

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>   

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Letter to the Editor

The Advertiser

ADELAIDE  SA

 Dear Editor

With the resignation of Western Australian Premier Geoff Gallop for
alleged depression, the media has become saturated with experts making
commentary on the illness and high profile celebrities offering their
sympathies and good wishes.

Meanwhile, the fact that Premier Gallop's government, like Premier Mike
Rann's, has been plagued by allegations of serious wrongdoing and even
alleged corruption in almost every sector, especially within the courts,
suddenly seems to have dropped off the public scrutiny radar.

Yet the resignations of Director of Public Prosecutions, Paul Rofe QC,
and Minister Lea Steven are recent examples of public officials citing
ill health and depression as the catch-all excuse for what many believe
to be simply a culmination of public pressure brought about by many
years of inept, dishonest or wrongful conduct in public office. From
insurance and banking to investment scandals, many corporate executives
across the country who have even been charged and prosecuted for
fleecing the unsuspecting Australian public have used depression and ill
heath as a defence for unforgivable malfeasance in high office.

Yet, in the midst of such pleas by the professionals for sympathy and
understanding towards people who suffer depression, it is easy to forget
that many people who genuinely suffer from depression can still go about
their personal and professional lives in a manner that is characterised
by integrity, honesty, care, compassion and social responsibility.  It,
therefore, does people suffering depression a great injustice to have
the community believe that depressed people must, therefore, be
dysfunctional or incapable of holding office.

It should serve as a warning to persons who would behave in a dishonest
or corrupt manner that if they do so, there may come a day when those
deeds will manifest themselves in an ultimate show-down between their
ethical, moral and spiritual values and their physical and mental
health. The things that weigh heaviest on one's heart and mind will
always determine whether they can rise above the depression and
ultimately recover, through personal development and spiritual growth.
Perhaps some self-reflection now would do Premier Gallop a world of
good.

Matilda Bawden

18 Quondong Ave

PARAFIELD GDNS SA 5107

Email: [email-masked] 

Mob: 0412 836 685

* * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

I realise that what I'm about to ask is probably not "what you do." But
I have very limited choices at the moment and I'm turning to wherever I
can. I have thought that your organisation could possibly assist me in
someway. 

Several years ago, my father left, he and my mother had always been
separated since I can remember, but that had never worried me. When he
left, he married another woman, and started a family there. Since which
I have had numerous therapies as this hurt a lot that he could leave and
start a new family. I have suffered depression and each time I've broken
through it's because I've found another way to try and contact my
father, but as soon as this option is cut off again it sends me
tunneling down deeper than before.

I know this probably seems like a pointless email etc. etc. believe me,
I've heard it all before. Same with the fact that I should just give up
because obviously he doesn't want to be found. But there is something
inside me that keeps driving me to find him, something that's missing in
my life. I have a wonderful family, fiancé and even a caring stepfather.
But for some reason, I just keep needing him...

I have tried so many ways to contact him, and I've read your website and
your mission statement and I realise that this is not your specialty,
but I would be so grateful if you could even direct me to someone who
can help me to locate my father.  I only know his basic details and the
town that he lives in. I think even if I could just find him, even if he
said he didn't want me, at least then I know, instead of wondering all
my life.

I am very sorry for taking your time, and I hope that there is some way
that you may be able to help me, or direct me to someone who can, but
either way thank you for starting this organisation, it's really very
helpful...I just wish I didn't feel let down every time your ad came
onto television.

Regards

SJ

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Dad's Prayer

Dear God
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/five%20kids_300.
jpg> 

Help me to make a stand for Australia's children who are robbed of their
fathers by a court system that seems to hate fatherhood.

I know that we men have made a lot of mistakes, but forgive us and heal
us, so that we can bring restoration to our nation and to our children.

Your dream is to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children and the
hearts of the children to the fathers to stop the curse.

Help us make a stand for truth.

We want justice for our children and equality for mothers and fathers.

After all, you made children to have two parents, not just one.

Help us to make the obvious the law.

How much longer must our children wait?

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

About Us

Mission Statement & Help Us!

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/client_images/fathers_issue163-10t
h%20October,2005_Foundation%20Logo%20180.jpg> 
Mission Statement 

The Fatherhood Foundation is a charitable, non profit incorporated
association with a goal to inspire men to a greater level of excellence
as fathers, by encouraging and educating them, thereby renewing and
empowering families.

Click here for more information about us
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/rr.asp?s=3393&v=300&c=21&u=http://
www.ausheart.com.au/fathers/about/index.html>  

Help Us!

The Fatherhood Foundation believes that the key to life is giving.
That's why this newsletter is given freely without expectation.  Life is
also about relationships.  That's what being a good father is all about,
developing relationships with your loved ones.
 
If you would like to give financially to the Fatherhood Foundation,
please mail your cheque or money order to:
Fatherhood Foundation
PO Box 440
WOLLONGONG  NSW  2520
AUSTRALIA

You have received the fathersonline.org newsletter because you have
subscribed, or you have been subscribed by a friend.  If you do not wish
to receive future emails, please click the UNSUBSCRIBE button below or
send an email to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject heading.

back to top 

	Click Here to Unsubscribe
<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/optout/?CampaignID=657&Con
tactID=90915>