Subject: Beaconsfield Miracle
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 09:51:33 +1000

<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/tracker/read.asp?ReadID=58
7072> 
Unable to read this email? Please click here
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/view.asp?CampaignMediaID=892&Cont
actID=90915&ContactEmail=[email-masked]> 
 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/header.jpg> 
Issue 196 - 29th May,2006 	Go to our website Here
<http://www.fathersonline.org/> 	 
 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/inthisissue.jpg>
*	Hello Warwick
*	Grandads
*	Laughter
*	Single Dads
*	All you need is Love
*	Thought of the Week
*	Special Feature
*	News & Info
*	Dad's Prayer
*	Help Us

Hello Warwick

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/beaconsfield%20e
scape.jpg> The Beaconsfield story has been a major miracle from Day One.
Not many expected Todd Russell and Brant Webb to walk out of the mine
alive.  Stuck in the dark for six days before searchers made contact,
they couldn't help worrying about the anguish their families must be
suffering.  Brushing away the tear, Todd tells, "I wrote a letter to
Carolyn on my overalls, telling her how much I loved her, and that I was
fighting hard.  I wanted the kids to know that whatever happened I'd be
watching them from above, and keeping track of Liam's future football
career."  When rescue workers made contact with the missing men, every
paper in Australia ran the same story, 'Miracle Rescue' or 'Miraculous
Discovery'.

The TV special on Channel 9 was equally enthralling as the two men
recounted their gripping story first hand to millions of eager viewers.
Todd Russell said, "Being trapped for 14 days makes you think.  I would
do things differently if I had my time over.  There was a time I would
go kangaroo shooting rather than get a family photo done."  For example,
the morning after Todd and Carolyn got married Todd left his new bride
to go kangaroo shooting.  Today, they reckon they've been given a
'second chance at life' and they're grabbing it gratefully with
heartfelt thanks for the community support and courage that made it
possible. Todd plans to renew his wedding vows with his wife Carolyn,
"that's my top priority; I've asked her and she said 'yes'." They plan
to do this in the presence of their children, Trent 11, Madison 9 and
little Liam 5. 

The Beaconsfield Uniting church minister, Frances Seem, opened up the
church for round the clock prayer when everyone else had given the two
miners up for dead. She never wavered in her faith for their rescue. She
said at the time, "There are still two miners trapped down there and we
are praying for them . . . As a Christian community, we believe in
miracles. A woman came into the church yesterday - she said that she had
come here because we were the only one's offering any hope."

The prayers of this church and others were televised across the nation.
Beaconsfield and the nation came alive with the news that after 5 days
the miners had been found alive. "they're alive, they're alive, they're
alive," cried Todd Russell's mother, Kay, as she ran to the Uniting
Church in Beaconsfield where townspeople were praying for Russell 35 and
Webb 37. Bill Shorten, head of the Australian Worker's Union said, "It
was an eleven out of ten miracle. It's nothing less to the families, and
they are just such special people. This is down to all the blokes who
never gave up on them. It's unreal." The headlines of every major
newspaper said the same thing, 'It's a Miracle'. At last God was getting
some glory.

In Woman's Day, Brant Webb said after his rescue, "When we were down
there in the mine, we talked about religion a bit. For me, it's always
been a once-a-year gig at Easter Mass but we've both realised that the
rescue has done a lot to restore our faith, certainly in ourselves and
in other people. When we had no water to drink underground Todd said he
would pray for some. All of a sudden the heavens opened and we were
nearly drowned. So I said, 'Good on you mate. You really did well, just
don't do it again." 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Beaconsfield%20M
iners.jpg> 

Todd, who at one stage was trapped under the rock fall fighting for his
life, said, "That's when I shut my eyes and all I could see was a
picture of my wife and kids and I thought to myself, 'No, I'm not dying
down here, it takes more than a little rock to stop me!" 

In the TV interview Todd in particular shared some profound thoughts.
"I can give my wife and family something they have never had . . . I
want to give them quality time . . . I have got one more thing I would
like to say to the Australian public, don't take your family for
granted, because once it's gone it's gone forever."

Lovework

The National Day of Thanksgiving takes on a whole new meaning in the
light of Todd and Brant's miraculous escape. This year the focus of the
National Day of Thanksgiving is on people in uniform including Defence
Forces, Police, Firemen, Ambulance Officers, carers and SES workers.
Many of the workers helping in the Beaconsfield Mine rescue were from
the SES. How important it is for us to not only appreciate those in the
services who help us, but also those who are around us. We can all thank
God for his many bountiful blessings and the miracle of Beaconsfield.
Why not buy some thank you cards (www.thanksgiving.org.au
<http://www.thanksgiving.org.au/>  ) and thank you ribbons to let you
others know, and especially your family, that you appreciate them.

Yours for more thanksgiving

Warwick Marsh

PS We continue to be excited about the fact that the government has
granted the Fatherhood Foundation status as a Harm Prevention Charity.
In the Special Feature this week, we detail our forward vision and
invite you to join us in changing Australia and the world for the
better, one father at a time.

________________________________________ 

Warwick Marsh  has been married to Alison for 30 years. He is 
the father of five children, four boys and one girl, ranging in 
age from 25 years to 13 years.  Warwick is a musician, 
songwriter, producer and public speaker who likes to think he 
can still laugh at himself.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Grandads

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/man%20shaking%20
hands.jpg> 

             Give thanks always in all things

St Paul

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Laughter

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/brushing%20teeth
.gif>        

My son Zachary, 4, came screaming out of the bathroom to tell me he'd
dropped his toothbrush in the toilet. So I fished it out and threw it in
the garbage. Zachary stood there thinking for a moment, then ran to my
bathroom and came out with my toothbrush. 

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/bad%20taste.jpg>
He held it up and said with a charming little smile, 
"We better throw this one out too then, 'cause it fell in the toilet a
few days ago." 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/ani_toothbrush.g
if> 

_____________________________________________

Jimmy received a parrot for his birthday.
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/parrot.jpg> The
parrot was fully grown, with a very bad attitude and worse vocabulary.
Every other word was a swear word; those that weren't cursing were very
rude. 

Jimmy tried to change the bird's attitude by constantly saying polite
words, playing soft music-anything he could think of. Nothing worked. 

He then tried yelling at the bird, but the bird got worse. He shook the
bird, and the bird got madder and ruder. 

Finally, in a moment of desperation, Jimmy put the parrot in the
freezer. For a few moments he heard the bird swearing, squawking,
kicking and screaming and then, suddenly, there was absolute quiet. 

Jimmy was frightened that he might have actually hurt the bird, and
quickly opened the freezer door. The parrot calmly stepped out onto
Jimmy's extended arm and said, "I'm sorry that I offended you with my
language and my actions, and I ask your forgiveness. I will endeavour to
correct my behaviour". 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/chicken.jpg>
Jimmy was astounded at the changes in the bird's attitude and was about
to ask what had changed him, when the parrot continued, "May I ask what
the Chicken did?" 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Single Dads

 

Helping the Cause of Justice
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/childrens_abuse.
jpg> 

By Simon Hunt

Recently I saw a doco on SBS about the rubber baron's exploitation of
the  Indons in South America at the beginning of the last century.

The "abuse" of the Indons by the rubber barons was appalling, People
where getting maimed on a daily basis as punishment for not producing
enough rubber. They were being controlled by fear. 

Eventually an English researcher decided to go there and document the
oppression and violence. I think he spent a year documenting the
accounts of hundreds of Indons who had been violated, maimed, whose
loved one had been killed and tortured. Can you imaging that? Spending a
year documenting the individual cases. How could anybody spend a year
studiously documenting the torture and devastation before doing anything
about it?  But he did the right thing, because if it wasn't fully
documented it would just be denied. IT was only because he documented so
many cases that his evidence was accepted. He went back to England and
publicised his research. The evidence was so overwhelming that the world
had to sit up and take notice. And they did. The oppression stopped. 

Isn't there a parallel here?

Documenting the abuse of children and their fathers in as many cases as
is possible is most probably the only way we are going to overcome the
institutions that are inflicting the horror. A case here and there is
just going to produce the more denials and spin doctoring. 

Finding someone to do this work is the hard part, especially hard
because the so many of us are so devastated. 

If we can set up a "Blogg site that everybody can document their
personal experiences, we have an ever expanding document that can be
presented to the world. A document that can not be dismissed. 

Every email that gets posted in reference to any protest lobbying groups
can include a link to the Blogg site for members, fathers, mothers,
grandmothers' children can write their personal stories. Without the
need for any individual to devote what's left of their life to exposing
this devastating crime against children. 

The Blogg site would be only for stories of what individuals had
experienced - nothing else. 

It could contain a few prompting questions eg: 

What methods were used to deny you contact with your children? 

How your children were compromised to bring about your removal form
there lives (sexual abuse allegations, contact centres, anger
management, systems abuse) 

(I know of one parent who was denied contact for refusing to do an anger
management course) 

How many would have been denied access for refusing to go to a
psychiatrist (how could they be so stupid you might ask)? 

It would become a massive depository of human suffering that could not
be ignored. Not "individual cases" the argument often trotted out by
politicians. i.e.: "We're not here to talk about individual cases they
say. It would represent a body of irrefutable evidence.

Would everybody be willing to contribute their story if it was simple a
matter of clicking on a link to a "Blogg Site"?

Your comments please 

Kind regards

Simon Hunt

[email-masked] 

PS: A friend of mine recently complained to the council about the noise
of the refrigerators in an adjacent shopping centre. The council said
they would have to have evidence of the extent of the problem before
they would do anything. So being an IT man he set up a web site to
document the nuisance that he experienced. He would make entries every
day. Finally he presented it to the council and they acted immediately
(the shop had to construct a sound deadening box around their
refrigeration system). 

IT and the Internet can be enormously useful as a means of documenting
things so they become "irrefutable".

Simon Hunt is a single father who has been unfairly excluded from his
daughter's life for over two years.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

All you need is Love

  

Why Men are Always Wrong
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/confused%20man.j
pg> 

By Michael Kiely

Spent the weekend with Deepak Chopra. He made this outrageous statement:
Men in western society are stuck at the emotional maturity level of 8
year olds. We're all little boys needing our mamas. If this is true, and
I believe it was true in my case until the light went on, men are
responsible for the failure of most relationships.

Hold on, that's a bit harsh, isn't it? Well no. Men are hardwired to be
bad at relationships and women are hardwired to be good at them. It all
started back in the wild days when we were hunters and the hunted. Men
were warriors and could not afford compassion and softer feelings. Women
kept the social units together by networking. Men learned how to kill
big, dangerous animals and destroy enemies. Women were nurturers of
children and their protectors, the men.

After we emerged from the jungle and settled down to civilised life -
when there was less call for killing and more time for relationships -
emotional skills became more important than physical skills.

Men found they have underdeveloped skills in this area. Their heads are
still in the jungle, fighting and killing and destroying, thinking this
is what their woman wants. It's tough because women do want the
traditional protector and provider (they don't need them as much, but
they like to know they're there). But they want a soul mate now.

This means men have to sheath the sword of the ego and learn the tender
arts of surrender. Easy to say, hard to do. WHY?

One word; ego. Men have lots of it. Men build the big towering buildings
and invent the amazing inventions and fly to the moon and paint the
great masterpieces... because they feel the need to, because they are
driven by ego to express their dominance and achievement.

EGO is the great enemy of relationship, love, and spiritual growth. When
EGO rules, the conscious mind needs three things, according to Deepak:
It has a need for Approval. It needs to be in Control. And it needs to
be Right.

Living without these things takes more guts than fighting and killing
and doing all those things that come naturally.

It takes guts to love a woman, to love anyone. Because love is painful.
Because love makes the EGO do things it doesn't want to do.

HERE IS AN EXERCISE: Keep an eye on your reactions this next week. Try
to catch yourself seeking APPROVAL. Try to catch yourself needing to be
in CONTROL. Try to catch yourself needing to be RIGHT. 

http://manoverboardbook.blogspot.com 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Thought of the Week

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/todd%20russell.j
pg> I have one more thing I would like to say to the Australian public:

Don't take your family for granted

Because once it's gone it's gone forever.

Todd Russell

Beaconsfield Miracle Miner

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Special Feature

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Foundation%20Log
o_250.jpg> Taking the Fatherhood Foundation to the 'Next Level'

Part Two

The Fatherhood Foundation is a Harm Prevention Charity that is committed
to:

The promotion of 'excellence in fathering' as a long term strategy,
which will reduce harmful and abusive behaviours by educating, equipping
and engaging men as fathers and promoting the concept of excellence in
fathering across Australia.

Promoting excellence in fathering is the answer to turning the tide of
fatherlessness which is enveloping Australia and the western world.
Fatherlessness, defined as the absence of an active, positive
father-influence in the lives of children, has been shown in study after
study to contribute to greater rates of poverty, drug abuse, lower
educational performance, increased delinquency, increased crime,
increased sexual abuse, increased sexual deviancy, increased youth
suicide, increased levels of male suicide, increased mental health
problems and increasing levels of self harm.

The Australian Government has now recognised the Fatherhood Foundation
as a registered Harm Prevention Charity by granting Tax Deductible
status to it.  This means that all gifts of money, or in some cases
property, can become a tax saving to the giver.  This level of
recognition as a Harm Prevention Tax Deductible Charity allows us to
help the children of Australia in an even greater way than ever before.

In order to further help the children of Australia the Fatherhood
Foundation has to go to the next level of development in order to
properly resource the fathers of Australia.

The Next Level

All of the above has been completed by Warwick and Alison Marsh and a
small team of faithful volunteers working on a miniscule budget with no
government funding. The Fatherhood Foundation along with others has
played a leading role in the restoration of fatherhood in Australia in
the early part of the 21st century.  The needs are huge and the task is
daunting, but we must rise to the occasion, gather resources and take
the important work of the Fatherhood Foundation to the next level.  The
needs within the families of our communities are massive and the simple
reality is that it will take the investment of millions of dollars to
bring lasting change.  The good news is that by investing millions we
will save billions of dollars as together we turn the tide of
fatherlessness in Australia.  The answer is simple, raise the bar on
fathering in Australia and make excellence in fathering the norm for
Australia fathers in families.

Over the last four years the Fatherhood Foundation has proven itself as
a very viable Harm prevention Charity.  The fact that the Australian
Government has granted tax deductible status to the Fatherhood
Foundation is further proof that this organisation is well managed and
offers potential donors a cost efficient way to help children, resource
families and support fathers.  We list the key development areas to
support and strengthen fathers over the next five years in order of
priority:

#        Renew our website www.fathersonline.org
<http://www.fathersonline.org/>    to provide an even greater level of
resource and help for fathers in Australia and around the world.  Our
goal is to develop the best fatherhood website in the world,

#        Roll out 'Good to Great Fatherhood Mentoring Course for the
21st Century on a national basis by renewing course structure and
producing DVD series with course notes and marketing on a national basis
by employing a full time development managers course trainer.

#        Continue to produce fathering and mothering quality CSAs and
ramp up production of further TV programs including a half hour weekly
'Dad TV' series to resource fathers.  Employ a contract
producers/production house to facilitate further high quality family
friendly educational TV programs.

#        Continue to develop courses, conferences and resources to
further meet the needs of men and fathers. To ensure positive family
development.

In order to successfully complete the above we must develop a renewed
well resourced office facility, and employ a fundraising / management /
development / fatherhood-resourcing team to take us to the next level.

Next Level Fundraising Plan

Raise $250,000 by Christmas 2006

This can be broken down into the following amounts:

25 amounts of $25,000 each

50 amounts of $12,500 each

100 amounts of $2,500 each

1,000 amounts of $250 each

If you would like to help the Fatherhood Foundation please go to the
'Help Us' section of the end of this newsletter and reduce your tax by
giving to the Fatherhood Foundation.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

News & Info

 <http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19264906-2,00.html> 

 

 

 NATIONAL DAY OF THANKSGIVING
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/NDThanksgiving_l
ogo.gif> 

 

 

 

 

www.thanksgiving.org.au 

Prime Minister's Statement

It gives me great pleasure to provide this message of support for the
National Day of Thanksgiving on 3 June 2006.
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/prime_minister.j
pg> 

In today's busy world, the National Day of Thanksgiving reminds us to
take time to reflect on the people and things we value. It provides an
opportunity to express our gratitude for the important contribution that
our fellow Australians make to the life of our nation.

In particular, we honour carers and volunteers, who enrich the lives of
many and give comfort and support to less fortunate members of our
society. We salute those in the Police Forces, Ambulance and Fire
Services, State Emergency Services and Australian Defence Forces, who
assist us in times of difficulty and disaster.

The contribution of these dedicated people is a prime example of what I
call the 'social coalition' - the idea that everyone has a role to play
in participating in community life and in enhancing our social
wellbeing.

The efforts and commitment of those who work tirelessly behind the
scenes in our community can sometimes go without recognition. On this
day, I encourage all Australians to reflect on the service and sacrifice
of others in working to better our community.

Source: Prime Minister of Australia

Governor General's Statement

Amidst all the hustle and bustle of modern day life, when good
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/governor_general
.jpg> manners and courteous language are sometimes lacking, the value
attached to a simple 'thank you' is more important than ever.

We say thanks, often almost without thought. But specifically thanking
others - whether it be a few people or many, remains one of the
cornerstones of a courteous, and hence a civilised society.

In this regard I would encourage the Church to continue its leadership
role in rallying support for, and promoting the National Day of
Thanksgiving. 

As individuals, communities and as a nation, we all stand to benefit
from the growing awareness of this day as an annual celebration ? a day
we can share:

In giving thanks to God and one another.

In honouring the wonderful work of mentors and volunteers who do so much
to improve the lives of others.

And in paying due recognition to the dedicated people working in fields
such as education, health care, emergency services and many other areas
where our frequent reliance on their skills is not always matched by our
thanks.

I take this opportunity to commend our Churches for their contribution
and help for the sick and needy - it is their Christian values and
prayers that unite people, that provide faith, hope and comfort. 

We can inspire so many people and help uplift the mood of the nation
with the simple, but meaningful word of "thanks".

Source: His Excellency Major General Michael Jeffery

Leader of the opposition statement
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/kim_beazley.jpg>
On behalf of the Federal Parliamentary Labor Party I am pleased to
support the National Day of Thanksgiving organising committee as it
focuses our thoughts on thanking those who are the backbone of our
communities.

The two groups especially identified to receive our collective thanks on
the National Day of Thanksgiving 2006 are those who serve us when we
need protection and safety: the Defence Forces and the Police and
Emergency services, including Ambulance, Fire and State Emergency
Services workers;and also those special people who provide care in the
community for those unable to care for themselves.

None of us can doubt the massive contribution made to our well-being by
these two groups of paid workers and volunteers. They are people about
whom we commonly use such adjectives as: committed, devoted, selfless,
altruistic, charitable, considerate, generous, kind and magnanimous -
all of us know personally those who deserve all those accolades.

The National Day of Thanksgiving provides a superb forum for us to thank
those who serve society, often doing jobs that most of us could not do
or would not contemplate doing. These are the people who rescued the
miners at Beaconsfield and those carers who look after our aged and
disabled family members and friends.

I encourage all Australians to use the National Day of Thanksgiving 2006
as a stimulus to thank these two groups in the way that most suits them:
through prayer and attendance at a place of worship, through personal
and individual contact, through organised functions, or simply by
private thoughts of goodwill.

Author: KIM C BEAZLEY MP

Source: Leader of the Opposition

 

Media Release

Telstra Grilled on Internet porn filtering

Telstra has rejected accusations it is not serious about stopping
children from accessing pornography and violence on the Internet.

Telstra managers faced questions in a Senate estimates hearing in
Canberra today.

Labor Senator Stephen Conroy questioned why the company is not taking
part in a pornography filtering trial in Tasmania, which aims to prevent
access to pornographic material online.

He clashed with Telstra's Denis Mullane on the issue.

"But I mean there's an extra option here to protect children from these
sort of child pornographic images and violent depictions and Telstra are
just sitting there saying 'No, we're not going to do anything about
it'," he said.

"When there's an extra step you could take by participating in this, is
Telstra happy to be used for child porn?"

Mr Mullane said he did not agree with the Senator's interpretation.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

'Gay-friendly' child care slammed

Read more of a attempts to attacle the family structure:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19264906-2,00.html
<http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19264906-2,00.html> 

_________________________________________________________

Letters

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

Thank you for your remarkable job done for our nation. I enjoy your
newsletters and am encouraged to aspire to being a better dad. I am also
inspired to help others do that.

Andrew

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

I just stumbled onto your Website, excellent work, well done. 

I have just finished a DVD promoting parenting (see
www.babywisebliss.com.au <http://www.babywisebliss.com.au/>   )

David & Charissa Scotford

Babywise Bliss

Perth, Western Australia

Web: www.babywisebliss.com.au 

Phone: 0411156265

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

After reading the mag last week, it is not hard to fume and feel quite
enraged at the way our society treats men. 

It has been said that the 20 century was the time for the emancipation
of women and the 21st century is the emancipation of men.

I could type for hours on this subject but the only way men are going to
get justice is to await the inevitable "incidents" that will draw the
attention of men and the Government. As Yamamoto stated after the
bombing of Pearl Harbour "All we have done is woken a giant to a
terrible resolve".

Feminism exists to promote the domination of men by Lesbians. Simple.
There will be more tragedies involving men. In the future, they will
cause a lot more damage and take a lot more people with them. Again,
change will only happen when the "incidents" occur.  That is the nature
of our society.

Jesus didn't write letters. People wrote letters about him. He acted. He
was the greatest rebel in the history of the world. Pity that Christians
don't want to be courageous like him...and the result is that
Christianity is largely irrelevant in our society...(personal note:
better brush up on my Arabic for the spiritual future of Australia).  

As Mother Theresa said "A doing hand is better than a praying hand".
Jesus took on the state and the religion of his time. That's why they
killed him. 

I am looking forward to the day when the pressure cooker pops.

Only then, when there has been another round of pain  ........will we as
humanity try to emancipate EVERYONE.

Alex

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

 

Yes I sadly read the crap some dads have to digest to be allowed to see
their children. Yes I want to vomit!

Here in Qld this new politically correct advertisement makes me spew. It
says listen to your wives, if she says no it means no. Also hitting you
wife is abuse. 

Excuse me dumb government, my ex-bitch wanted me to hit her, I never
did. She left and now lives with a piss-head who does hit and keep her
in line. She now complains to me he has no respect for her. 

Hate to say it, "It seems we are dammed if we do and doubly dammed if we
don't."  We are wrong because we are male, yes we are not perfect, we
came from a woman.

Life with 2 girls has not been easy for the last 10 years, though it has
been blessed. I WOULD NOT change it for anything, or give it up for any
woman. I have not met any woman that can give emotional reward my 2
girls have given me. They give that hidden smile and thanks dad, and I
don't have put up with the crap that seems to come with a lot of wives.
I guess there are some special women out there. I have yet to meet some
here in Australia. None of my mates or work mates or religious mates
have that special wife. I guess God knew He was saying when He spoke of
wives and how men give love to them before Him. Yes I do love my girls,
they know I love God first and they think that is pretty cool and OK. 

Thank you for your excellent publication, I try to share it with mates,
but they need wives approval to make a free self choice. Have a great
life - we only get one.

Michael

_________________________________________________________

Dear Fatherhood Foundation
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/boys%20in%20the%
20basement.jpg> 

I make reference to last week's article about sleeping in the basement.

Well, haven't we all been there in one form or another. Some of us are
regular visitors and others may be occasional. There may even be groups
of men sleeping in the basement.

May I suggest a men's basement conference focussing on this unique
species of basement men. I suspect that many unheard stories are out
there for dissemination to other men who may be about to enter this zone
in their relationship.

The conference should actually be held in a basement. I would suggest
the National Basement at Parliament House. Delegates can bring their own
bedding and make a massive saving on accommodation. In fact the PH
basement is frequented by many parliamentarians who feel the drawing to
basement living that they are accustomed to.

The sessions should focus on:

*	The Signs of basement retribution
*	Why am I in the basement?
*	When can I get out?
*	If I can't, who can I invite?
*	The best ways to tune in on the footy (Technical session)
*	Should I have Bigpond in the basement?
*	Why sleeping in Air conditioning ducts is injurious to health

Workshops

*	Fashion wear for" basement boys"
*	Basement party plans for inspiring men
*	How to play Basement Bingo
*	Cooking in a basement 'without causing a fire'
*	Techniques for communicating with other basement dwellers. 

Conference Dinner

Special partner's dinner in the Great Hall with visiting times allocated
to conference delegates via internal stairways. (Security procedure)

The Fatherhood Foundation could launch a voluntary survey of members who
are basement veterans to assess possible numbers. I wonder if the PH
basement is large enough for this large band of basement boys.

For basement musing.

Regards,

Ron Hellyer

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Dad's Prayer

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Rescue%20crew.jp
g> 

Dear God

It's been amazing these last few weeks 

to hear about Todd Russell and 

Brant Webb's exploits when they were trapped 

one kilometre under the earth 

in a steel cage 1.2m X 1.00m X 1.8m.

How did they survive?

How were they found?

How did they not go crazy in the darkness?

You are the reason,

and the prayers of those you love.

You are the source of the miracle,

and even that fact has seeped through a Media 

that only gives credit 

when its arm is twisted to tell the truth.

We thank you for the National Day of Thanksgiving.

We thank you for our Armed Services.

We thank you for all those who serve our country.

We pray for their safety and speedy return.

We pray for your protection and blessing on the

Police Force, the Fire Crews, the Ambo's

and the wonderful SES!

Nor do we forget our nurses and carers.

We, as a nation, are richer for all of them,

and we are blessed because of them.

But more than anything else

we thank you for your love,

our families and our loved ones.

It is their love, 

working through your love, 

that pulls us through.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Help Us

Click here for more information about us
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/rr.asp?s=3393&v=300&c=21&u=http://
www.ausheart.com.au/fathers/about/index.html>  

Help Us!

The Fatherhood Foundation is a Harm Prevention Charity. 
Fatherlessness and inadequate fathering has been proven to be a   source
of harm. 
The Fatherhood Foundation helps children by promoting excellence  in
fathering. Excellent fathers are in word and deed: responsible,
involved, protective, loving and committed to the well-being of their
children and their children's mother.
 
The Fatherhood Foundation believes that the key to life is giving.
That's why this newsletter is given freely without expectation.  
Life is also about relationships.  
That's what being a good father is all about, developing relationships
with your loved ones.
 
If you would like to give financially to the Fatherhood Foundation
Public Fund and receive tax deductibility:
Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund 
(Name, address and amount details must be emailed for a receipt for tax
deductibility)
Westpac Branch Wollongong
BSB: 032 695
A/C: 25-5558 
 
Or mail cheque and address details to:
PO Box 440
WOLLONGONG  NSW  2520
AUSTRALIA
 
The Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund  is a public fund listed on the
Register of Harm Prevention Charities under Subdivision 30_EA of the
Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.

You have received the fathersonline.org newsletter because you have
subscribed, or you have been subscribed by a friend.  If you do not wish
to receive future emails, please click the UNSUBSCRIBE button below or
send an email to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject heading.

back to top 

	Click Here to Unsubscribe
<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/optout/?CampaignID=876&Con
tactID=90915>