Subject: Happy Fathers' day
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 08:46:05 +1000

<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/tracker/read.asp?ReadID=70
8380> 
Unable to read this email? Please click here
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/view.asp?CampaignMediaID=1046&Con
tactID=90915&ContactEmail=[email-masked]> 
 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/header.jpg> 
Issue 210 - 4 th September, 2006 	Go to our website Here
<http://www.fathersonline.org/> 	 
 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/inthisissue.jpg>
*	Hello Warwick
*	Grandads
*	Laughter
*	Single Dads 
*	All you need is Love
*	Thought of the Week
*	Special Feature
*	News & Info
*	Dad's Prayer
*	Help Us

Hello Warwick

 

Happy Father's Day!  This is the day of the year to celebrate
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Junk%20Mail.jpg>
fatherhood and for us dads to enjoy a bit of encouragement from our own
progeny.  My letterbox has been stuffed full of Father's Day Specials.
Father's Day seems to be getting bigger over the last few years.  We are
also seeing more positive reporting by the media than ever before about
the important contribution fathers are making to the children and
families of Australia.  

This year, to celebrate Father's Day through to 2007, the Fatherhood
Foundation has released 3 X 30 second Community Service Announcements
(CSAs).  We already have over 90% of commercial free-to-air TV in
Australia playing them, which is really great.  For a full list of those
TV stations please go to the News and Info section of this week's
newsletter.  

The campaign is called, 'My Dad My Best Friend'.  The aim is to get
people laughing and hit them with the positive message of fatherhood.

The Fatherhood Foundation has run CSAs for Father's Day for the last
four years.  This year we felt we needed to do something funny.  I'm not
a very funny person, so I decided to ask my friend Josh Reid, a master
of comedy and talented actor to boot to help.  Josh is the proud father
of Jackson, 6 years old and Dylan, 3 years. Together with his wife we
came up with three 30 second CSAs.  The first features Josh playing
monsters with his children, rumbling on the floor and getting jumped on
'all over the place', doing a Tarzan yell, crashing a make-believe car
and having a father and son burping competition.  Without fail the
Fatherhood Foundation is attacked by radical feminists for daring to
encourage fatherhood through our TV CSAs.  No doubt this year we will be
attacked for encouraging children to burp. As customs vary from country
to country we hope this can be interpreted positively. 

While you are laughing hilariously at Josh and Dylan's antics on the
couch, the old adage will sink in - 'Like father, like son'.  Want your
children to mind their manners? Make sure you mind your own.

The Fatherhood Foundation's second CSA features the multi-talented
father of two, Wayne Larkin, a great film producer in his own right.
Wayne and his fairy princess daughter Amber, replete with silver tiara,
go on a bus journey together.  On the way they play Barbie Dolls but dad
falls asleep, much to his daughter's displeasure.  Being the creative
little girl that she is, Amber paints her daddy's face with her new
face-painting crayons and places her tiara on his head but he slumbers
on.  While having a milkshake with Amber in a café, Wayne asks if she
has lost her tiara.  Amber's cute, "No Dad" and giggly, off-camera, "My
dad is my best friend" should have others laughing too.

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/superdad_1.jpg>
The Fatherhood Foundation's third CSA is called 'Superheroes'.  Dad,
Josh Reid, is off to work.  As he says goodbye to his two young sons
dressed in their superhero costumes, they beg him to play with them. He
reluctantly agrees, rushes inside to dress up in his red cape, red
undies and goggles over his business suit.  While playing superheroes
his office calls to see where he is and he rushes off to work,
forgetting to remove his costume.  Arriving at work he becomes the
laughing stock of the office and he realises what he has done. We hear
his child's voice say, "My Dad is a Super Hero".  

If you would like to view our CSAs please go to:

http://joshreidvideo.blogspot.com/2006/08/fathers-day-tvc-1.html
<http://joshreidvideo.blogspot.com/2006/08/fathers-day-tvc-1.html>  

http://joshreidvideo.blogspot.com/2006/08/fathers-day-tvc-2.html
<http://joshreidvideo.blogspot.com/2006/08/fathers-day-tvc-2.html>  

http://joshreidvideo.blogspot.com/2006/08/fathers-day-tvc-3.html
<http://joshreidvideo.blogspot.com/2006/08/fathers-day-tvc-3.html>  

OR

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fathers+day+superman
<http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fathers+day+superman>  

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fathers+day+tvc
<http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fathers+day+tvc>   

The most important thing is that watching these CSAs will put a smile on
your face and on the faces of the families of Australia.  It takes fewer
muscles to smile than it does to frown, so 'smile awhile and give your
face a rest'.  Laughter is always the best medicine! 

Lovework

Enjoy Father's Day and have fun with your family.

Yours for a Happy Father's Day

Warwick Marsh

PS. The Good to Great Fatherhood Mentoring Course will commence on
Thursday 7th September 2006 - this week!  Good to Great is not for the
faint- hearted but the Fatherhood Foundation believes it could be the
greatest investment in a life course that you will ever make.  Many men
think nothing of spending hundreds of dollars on a sport or hobby, over
a thousand dollars getting a license or $30,000 on furthering their
study. How valuable are your children and your abilities to father them?
Good to Great is not just a fatherhood course; it is a self-development
course, a manhood course, a marriage course, a fun and laughter course,
a health course and a course on how to build a good foundation for your
future and your children's future.  As my friend Jason Willingham says,
'the only person you can change is yourself', or as Mahatma Gandhi said,
'We must become the change we seek'. 

With only a few places left, those fathers who are up for the challenge
will have to be quick! Numbers are limited, so contact me today.  All
that is needed is a strong commitment to the course and its core
requirements.

The Good to Great for Single Dads course, however, is massively
undersubscribed.  If you know of a single dad who is interested and
doesn't live too far away from Wollongong, please encourage him to
contact me today.  

Have a great week - Regards Warwick.

________________________________________ 

Warwick Marsh  has been married to Alison for 30 years. He is 
the father of five children, four boys and one girl, ranging in 
age from 25 years to 13 years.  Warwick is a musician, 
songwriter, producer and public speaker who likes to think he 
can still laugh at himself.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Grandads

GRANDPARENTS STRUGGLE TO HOLD ON AFTER DIVORCE

St Petersburg Times
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/grandparents%20s
ign.jpg> 

By RACHEL POLLACK

August 29, 2006

It is well known that children are at risk when their parents divorce.
At risk too, is my once harmonious relationship with my grandchildren.
Unconditional time and love are all I have to give. I fear that time has
been fractured.

Since my son's divorce, I haven't quite adapted or regained my
equilibrium. I've told myself many times to be mature and sensible, in
order to be able to help my son and most of all, my grandchildren. I
know it will take strength to find perspective and time for me to try to
help heal the broken hearts.

Not that I ever thought about such grief as I celebrated the garden
wedding of my son and his bride. Nor when I held my first grandchild in
my arms - and the second, and the third.

But when my son told me the sad news that he and his wife were
separating, I cried. I wanted to tell him that all was not lost; their
marriage wasn't over yet. . . .

And during the early stages of their separation, I felt as vulnerable,
angry and hurt as my grandchildren did. I wept into my pillow at night
but wore my usual face during the day. I told no one, not even my
closest friends. It took me a long time to understand that I was
powerless to control the situation.

To read the full article, please visit:

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/08/29/Seniority/Grandparents_struggle.shtml
<http://www.sptimes.com/2006/08/29/Seniority/Grandparents_struggle.shtml
>  

Rachel Pollack is a freelance writer living in Denver.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Laughter

  SILENT TREATMENT

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/ManSleeping.gif>
A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving
each  other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized that the
next day,

 He would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning
business flight.

 Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote
on a piece of paper,   "Please wake me at 5:00 AM " He left it where he
knew she would find it.

 The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM
and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and  see why
his wife hadn't wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by  the
bed. The paper said, "It is 5:00 AM. Wake up." 

 Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests. 
 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/woman%20screamin
g2.jpg> 

 

UNDERSTANDING WOMEN  (A MAN'S PERSPECTIVE) 
 
 I know I'm not going to understand women. 

 I'll never understand how you can take boiling hot wax, pour it onto
your upper thigh, rip the hair out by the root, and still be afraid of a
spider.

 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Fathers%20Day%20
Frog.gif> 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Single Dads 

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Superdad_2.jpg> 

Happy Father's Day to all the single dads who are reading fathersonline
today.  Some of you have your children all the time, or maybe half the
time if you are lucky.  Unfortunately the reality of statistics shows
that there are less than 20% of single dads that enjoy this blessing.
Many single dads do not even see their children on Fathers Day, let
alone any other day of the year. In many cases this is through no fault
of their own, but by the outworking of the Family Law Court and a system
that downgrades the role of fathers and in many cases forces fathers out
of their children's lives altogether.

The Fatherhood Foundation has spoken up for single fathers in Federal
Parliament many times.  When the recent family law reform, that proposes
to fix the problems of our current system (if only that were true) was
in the final stages of being passed, it was the Fatherhood Foundation
team, along with Barry Williams, Lone Fathers Association and Ash Patil,
Fathers for Equality, that were at Parliament House making a stand for
the truth.  We must also thank Yuri Joakimidis, Mark Bourne and Jim
Wallace (Australian Christian Lobby) for their hard work for a fair and
just reform process to be instituted.  The current reforms have
certainly been a step in the right direction, but they have not dealt
with the Family Law Act and its fundamental problems.  Justice Murphy,
the architect of the Family Law Legislation said in 1986, "It has been
my goal to remove the Judeo-Christian ethic from family law," and there
is no doubt that he succeeded.  The trouble is that when you have no
values, you only make things worse, not better.  Anything not built on
truth will always fail.  For this reason we have such major problems in
Western society today in the divorce process because we have forgotten
our maker and believed the lie that we can do it better ourselves,
always a mistake at the best of times.

However the Fatherhood Foundation aims to be part of the solution, not
part of the problem.  For this reason we are conducting a 'Good to Great
course for Single Dads' which commences this Thursday 7th September.  We
will be unable to conduct this course unless we have more single dads
applying. We need more single dads who want to become part of the
solution, not  part of the problem.  We must work with what we have to
change the world.  The only person you and I can change is ourselves.
This applies to any dad.  That's where the revolution must begin if we
intend to change our families, or to bring about any change. Please
email me immediately if you are interested in doing our course and live
in or close by Wollongong.  We even have a father who has offered to pay
half scholarships for a couple of dads who want to do the course.  Email
me at [email-masked]  for more information.

Above all - Have a Happy Father's Day!

Warwick Marsh

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

All you need is Love

The Fatherhood Foundation was represented at the Forum on Marriage
mentioned in this article.

JUST AS MARRIAGE IS COMING BACK IN VOGUE ....

The Sydney Morning Herald

August 24, 2006
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Marriage%20Bliss
%202.jpg> 

Miranda Devine 

..... more and more it is women who don't want to wait around for the
"happily ever after".

WHEN 42-year-old mother of two Helen Kirwan-Taylor wrote a newspaper
article last month saying she finds motherhood boring, she became the
most vilified woman in Britain. "Sorry, but my children bore me to
death" was the title of her article in the Daily Mail in which she
confessed to hating reading bedtime stories and spending two hours
texting her girlfriends while watching a movie with her children.

Readers condemned her as a selfish princess who shouldn't be allowed to
have children. But her confession also broke a taboo around the modern
female's dissatisfaction with family life. Whether it is offloading the
kids to day care or filling their hours with structured activities,
mothers may be losing the art of enjoying their children.

But to William Doherty, a professor of family social science at the
University of Minnesota, Kirwan-Taylor's crie de coeur may have been
part of a healthy backlash against "excessive child-centredness".

Doherty, who is in Sydney this week to speak at the National Christian
Family Conference, is the marriage therapist who coined the term
"overscheduled kids" to describe the phenomenon of children whose
parents make them the centre of the universe.

But at a forum on marriage yesterday he explored the more fundamental
problem of modern families - marriage breakdown.

It is not so much female unhappiness with motherhood that is causing
problems for children, but the increasing willingness of mothers to walk
out on marriage. As the latest Bureau of Statistics figures show, more
than ever it is women who are the ones filing for divorce. The shift of
power in marriages over the past 40 years has led to a stampede of women
leaving the institution. How to put the genie back in the bottle without
reversing female emancipation was the question hovering in the
background at the forum.

Doherty says the first "divorce generation" of young people, now in
their 20s and 30s, "still aspires to marriage, across all income
levels". We live in such an "atomised world" where wider community
social connections and extended families are disappearing so there is
more hunger than ever for the intimate institution of marriage.
Certainly, a rise in marriage rates here and in the US, and
corresponding dip in divorce rates, would suggest marriage is coming
back into vogue.

Anne Hollands, the chief executive of Relationships Australia, says she
perceives a real desire by people to form a "solid, sustainable
relationship". There has been a 50 per cent increase in inquiries about
her pre-marriage education courses this year. "These are younger people
in first-time marriages, who are highly educated and value education as
a means to ensure success in later life."

Others at the forum discussed the idea of pre-marriage education at
school, focusing on how to nurture friendships, an art that may be lost
to generations with iPods connected to their ears.

Researcher Barry Maley, whose Taking Children Seriously project for the
Centre for Independent Studies has been the best of its kind in
Australia to state the case for marriage, says family law is fundamental
to the strength of the institution. He advocates re-introducing the
concept of fault, in some form, into divorce. "The most egregious
conduct by one of the spouses is completely ignored at the moment. The
justice of taking it into account is unarguable S A victim of misconduct
in marriage would have the possibility of a settlement that mitigates
that loss of investment."

Some discussion at the forum revolved around a six-year US study of 65
married couples that found the secret to a lasting marriage was a
husband who did what his wife says. While the idea of advocating
husbands become doormats is doomed to fail, clearly tension in marriage
has emerged as power has shifted from men to women.

Doherty gave the example of a post on an online chat site, thenest.com,
in which a mother complained that her husband had smacked their toddler.
She did not believe in physical punishment for children and reprimanded
her husband, saying if he did not change his behaviour she would kick
him out of the house. Of 19 mothers who responded, only one was not
supportive. But what made her think she had the sole right to throw the
husband out? Her

attitude, said Doherty, was as if "she were hiring a babysitter who did
something you did not agree with".

Doherty is most concerned about the ever widening "marriage gap", in
that highly educated, high-income people are sustaining lifelong
marriages with involved fathers, leading to the emergence of a two-tier
society - the marriage haves and have-nots. Lowly educated, low-income
women are "apt to try serial relationships with multiple fathers - the
kinds of complex family forms which would tax people who had more
interpersonal competence than most

of us have".

He believes the social change required to reinvigorate marriage could
take cues from other grass roots movements such as the push against
drunk driving or domestic violence. But it is vital that in a secular
society, religious groups aren't seen to hijack the conversation.

Best, says Doherty, to base the "marriage movement" on common language
of research which shows that children raised in an intact marriage do
better in general on all scales than those who aren't.

A new generation burnt by the experience of their parents' failures, yet
longing for love because of it, are on the threshold of embracing
marriage or rejecting it. This makes more urgent the task of "selling"
the institution as the foremost protector of children and ultimately the
best vehicle for human fulfilment, even if reading bedtime stories gets
tedious at times.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Thought of the Week

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Michael_Ronald%2
0Reagan.jpg> 

You knew my father 

as governor,

as president,

but I knew him as Dad.

I want to tell you 

a little bit about my dad -

a little bit about 

Cameron and Ashley's grandfather,

because not a whole lot is ever spoken

about that side of Ronald Reagan.

Michael Reagan 

 Twice Adopted © 2004 Broadman & Holman

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Special Feature

Daddy's Girl

By Christine McNamara

When you were young, pony-tailed,
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/dad_daughter_6.j
pg> 

face full of playful freckles,

Were you a daddy's girl?

I was. I still am.

Did you look to him for your security,

for love and attention, 

for the understanding,

and the patience you lacked as a child?

My daddy was the center of my small world,

the focus of my affections,

The star that lit my life, shining bright.

Shining still in my heart.

The years have led me here,

weathered with maturity and responsibilities,

and I see more clearly now.

The hardships, burdens of love,

and all the small sacrifices he made for me,

for our family.

He created stability, a place to call home.

All the photographs I browse through

of a child long forgotten, scarcely remembered

smiling, so happy and so loved.

The mere thought of becoming that role model

is enough to send me cowering, afraid . . .

looking for guidance.

Turning to my father and my mom for support,

advice, wise counsel, and for approval.

Grown up, I see differently now . . 

A new perspective of a man I have always known.

My heart is full, my emotions overpowering

just in the certainty of that bond.

He's been there for me through all the conflicts

helping me over the rough, ragged stones 

of growing up.

My respect for him is unending,

faith is unbound, and love is unquestioning.

Even in the midst of all my imperfections, he is lenient,

ignoring the pitfalls, the downfalls, the shortcomings,

he just accepted me as I was, as I am.

The sheer purity of it leaves me awe-struck

and it lifts me up, it holds my head a little higher,

it keeps me in balance,
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/daughter-and-gra
ndfather.jpg> 

harmonizing with the world around me

beautifully, like an inspired masterpiece from the soul

of an honest man.

I am honoured to know him, to love him, to be of him.

He's my hero, and I am his daughter, his little girl.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

News & Info

News
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/reading%20paper.
jpg> 

On September 26th dads and significant males in Port Pirie, South
Australia, will be encouraged to take part in 'Dads Drop Off Day'. Dads
will be invited to drop their children at school/kindy and spend 30 to
45 mins in the classroom meeting teachers and sampling the work that
their children do at school/kindy. Local businesses are being asked to
support the day by allowing men to start a little later so that they do
something that they normally may not get the chance to participate in.

'Crystal Brook Primary School began their Book Week Celebration Day by
inviting Dads to bring their children to school. They also asked for
Dads, or Granddads, to volunteer to read to groups of children. They had
about 40 to 50 parents/caregivers in the school at the start of the day
and 25 men reading to children across all age groups in the school
during the first 45 minutes of the school day. One purpose for focussing
on Dads was that they do not often bring their children to school and
they are often at work when we run school based activities. We provided
an invitation for them to visit the school and a note to give their
boss, if they needed it, so that their employer knew that the school was
promoting father's involvement in their child's education.

Several teachers commented on how lovely it was to see the men reading
to children. One of the Dads was really excited about the incredible
interest shown by the younger children. A Granddad was surprised at the
level of reading of the Year 1 children.

Another reason for involving Dads was that many boys don't think reading
is 'cool' and the modelling of males reading to boys and girls is a
positive step in helping to promote reading for all children. Some of
the men were definitely out of their 'comfort zones', but they all
appeared to be having a great time with the groups of children, even
those reading picture books to the Year 6/7s!'

Paul Lindus - Principal

Crystal Brook Primary School

 

The following is a Letter to the Editor that was published in the
Illawarra Mercury on Friday, 25 August 2006.

Parental Pariahs 

The Child Support Agency's latest slogan is 'Putting our children
first'. 

On Saturday 5 August 2006, the CSA launched a major recruitment
campaign. This is to increase its compliance staff by 120 financial
investigators. At the same time, the CSA have announced that they will
also appoint an additional 24 litigation officers. 

This is part of a four-year programme that will cost the Government $143
million to implement. 

The role of the investigators will be to trawl through non-custodial
parents' income tax returns to the Australian Taxation Office. These
returns will not only include the current year but all previous years.
Changes to existing child support assessments will then be made on the
basis of assets that are uncovered in these returns. 

Should money not be forthcoming, the litigation officers will then
arrange for a court to appoint a trustee to sell that person's assets.
To provide justification for this action, the CSA has repeatedly accused
non-custodial parents of pretending to be poor and hiding money. 

However this type of action will no doubt ensure that non-custodial
parents are really poor. In fact, some non-custodial parents will be
forced out onto the streets.

Is there another way? 

It is well recognized that payment of child support is directly related
to the amount of time that children have contact with the non-custodial
parent. 

At no stage, has the Government seriously considered this alternate
option.  

John Flanagan

Non-Custodial Parents Party

Thirroul.

_________________________________________

Child Protection Agency fails thousands

Read more:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20312376-421,00.html
<http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20312376-421,00.html> 

____________________________________

 

 TRAINING COURSES

Code  WWM 3

 Working with Men Accredited Course

 Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 20,21,22 September & 15,16,17 November 2006
from 9.30am to 4.30pm

          North Parramatta

 

Code  EIT 16

Hey, Dad for Separated Fathers Facilitator Training

Wednesday, Thursday 25,26 October 2006 from 9.30am to 4.30pm

North Parramatta

Code  EIT 17

Fathers' Matters Program - Facilitator Training for an Intensive  Group
Program

Monday, Tuesday 4&5 December 2006 from 9.30am to 4.30pm

At Macarthur

To register:    To obtain an application form for this training, call
Maureen Micallef at Burnside on 02 9768 6811 or email
[email-masked]  or visit the web site www.burnside.org.au
<http://www.burnside.org.au/>   and follow the prompts to Resources and
Training

________________________________________________________

Good to Great Mentoring Course 

will be running for 10 weeks from:

7th September 2006 - 16th November 2006

It includes many activities for dads and their families.

Cost of the course is $250.00 which includes a course manual and a copy
of the book, 

'Fathering from the Fast Lane'.

For more information please contact:

Fatherhood Foundation

[email-masked] 

PO Box 440

Wollongong  NSW  2520

02 4272 6677

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

MEDIA  RELEASE

MY DAD, MY BEST FRIEND

Father's Day Community Service Announcements

- featuring dads and humour -

Two of the Fatherhood Foundation CSAs for 2006/07 feature father/son
relationships. They star Josh Reid and his two young sons while the
other CSA features a father/daughter relationship,
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Wayne%20&%20Ambe
r%20001.JPG> starring Wayne Larkin and his beautiful daughter Amber.
All three CSAs have fathers and children playing themselves, and doing
things with their children that would put a smile on anyone's face.

The CSAs can be seen at www.video.google.com  Search for 'Fathers Day
TVC' and 'Fathers Day Superman' to enjoy the humour for yourself.

Warwick Marsh, founder of the Fatherhood Foundation, has been delighted
by the response of the community to the 'excellence in fathering'
message that the Fatherhood Foundation has been promoting through TV,
billboards and web-based technology.  He said, "Since we established the
Fatherhood Foundation in May 2002, we have seen an amazing shift towards
the importance of the restoration of fatherhood in Australia in the 21st
century.  This cultural shift has been heightened by Hollywood
productions such as 'Finding Nemo', 'I Am Sam' starring Sean Penn and
'Evelyn' starring Pierce Brosnan.  Warren Farrell's prediction that
'Fathers issues will be to the early twenty-first century what women's
issues were to the late twentieth century' is rapidly coming true, and
not before time."  

The Fatherhood Foundation wishes all fathers and their families a Happy
Father's Day.

The following national TV stations will be airing the Fatherhood
Foundation's CSAs for Father's Day & Beyond.

3 NBN Newcastle                          TEN - Southern Cross TAS 

4 GTS Port Pirie        

                                                 TEN - Southern Cross
Canberra 

7 Channel National    

                                                 TEN - Victoria/Bendigo 

7 Prime Canberra      

                                                 TEN - Coffs

7 QLD Maroochydore 

                                                 TEN - QTV Townsville /
7 Darwin 

8 - NTD Darwin         

                                                 TEN - Southern Cross
Melbourne 

9 - NWS Adelaide      

                                                 TEN - Network
Sydney(TBC)

9 GTV Melbourne      

                                                 TEN - ADS Adelaide 

9 QTQ Brisbane        

                                                 TEN - TVQ Brisbane 

9 STW Perth  

                                                 Imparja Alice Springs 

9 TCN Sydney

WIN Wollongong                           SBS TV
GWN Bunbury

WIN Griffith    

WIN SA Mt Gambier   

WIN TV Ballarat    

WIN TV Rockhampton             

WIN WA       

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Sophie%20&%20Ron
.jpg> 

 

Ron Delezio 
is a 
better 
dad because 
of his daughter and is 
Father of 
the Year

 

 

 

 

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,20334353-421,00.html?from=public_rs
s

The Foundation set up by Ron for Burns related disease can be found at
www.dayofdifference.org.au <http://www.dayofdifference.org.au/>  

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Dad's Prayer

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/family%20man.jpg
> 

Dear God

Thank you that you are the father of lights.

Thank you for our families.

Thank you for the love of my life, my wife.

Thank you for our children that brighten our world.

Thank you for every good gift, 

because you are the giver of all good gifts.

Thank you for looking after us, 

even when we are obnoxious.

Thank you for forgiving us,

when we spit the dummy.

Your love knows no bounds.

You are the greatest Father 

that ever was or ever will be.

Happy Father's Day!

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Help Us

Click here for more information about us
<http://www.ausheart.com.au/fathers/about/index.html>  

Help Us!

The Fatherhood Foundation is a Harm Prevention Charity. 
Fatherlessness and inadequate fathering has been proven to be a   source
of harm. 

The Fatherhood Foundation helps children by promoting excellence  in
fathering. Excellent fathers are in word and deed: responsible,
involved, protective, loving and committed to the well-being of their
children and their children's mother.

If you would like to give financially to the Fatherhood Foundation
Public Fund and receive tax deductibility:

Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund 
(Name, address and amount details must be emailed for a receipt for tax
deductibility)
Westpac Branch Wollongong
BSB: 032 695
A/C: 25-5558 

Or mail cheque and address details to:
PO Box 440
WOLLONGONG  NSW  2520
AUSTRALIA

The Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund  is a public fund listed on the
Register of Harm Prevention Charities under Subdivision 30_EA of the
Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.

You have received the fathersonline.org newsletter because you have
subscribed, or you have been subscribed by a friend.  If you do not wish
to receive future emails, please click the UNSUBSCRIBE button below or
send an email to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject heading.

back to top 

	Click Here to Unsubscribe
<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/optout/?CampaignID=1023&Co
ntactID=90915>