Subject: The Pursuit of Happyness
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:46:19 +1100

<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/tracker/read.asp?ReadID=86
7878> 
Unable to read this email? Please click here
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/view.asp?CampaignMediaID=1313&Con
tactID=101438&ContactEmail=[email-masked]> 
 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/header.jpg> 
Issue 228 - 1st January, 2007 	Go to our website Here
<http://www.fathersonline.org/> 	 
 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/inthisissue.jpg>
*	Hello Alison
*	Grandads
*	Laughter
*	Single Dads 
*	Special Feature
*	Thought of the Week
*	All You Need is Love
*	News & Info
*	Dad's Prayer
*	Help Us

Hello Alison

 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Pursuit%20of%20H
appyness_1.jpg> A good friend Lachlan Laing emailed me a few weeks ago
and told me, "You've got to see this movie." It wasn't just him. I have
been getting advance notice for some months now about the Pursuit of
Happyness. The clincher came last Saturday when my second son, Jonathan,
came home and said, "Dad, you've got to see the Pursuit of Happyness."
It was a double whammy when Nathaniel, my eldest, said, "It was a very
in-your-face movie" and encouraged me independently to go and see it
ASAP.

I accepted my two older sons' advice and found the experience both
inspiring and very confronting. 

Will Smith tells the true story of Christopher Gardner (see Special
Feature) a single father struggling poverty and just about every other
difficulty you could imagine. His marriage broke down but Chris was
determined to keep custody of his son and make it against the odds.
Sleeping in the toilet cubicle of a railway station and then at the
Glide Memorial Church shelter, all the while studying to make it through
as an intern stockbroker at a prestigious San Franciscan stockbroking
firm.

I found the movie painful insomuch as it reminded me of how I grew up.
From first hand experience I knew a certain level of poverty. The fights
between Chris and his wife in the movie brought up certain painful
memories of my own mother and father fighting. The shots of the poor
lining up around the block to get 'into the shelter' was something we
had witnessed first hand as a family when we visited the slums of
Chicago in 1998.

One reviewer praised director Gabriel Muccinos with, "very European
enjoyment of American poverty and desperation". The poor in America
really are poor. This movie pulls back the curtains and the really scary
thing about this movie is that it is a true story with Hollywood
drinking gallons of truth serum on the set.

The movie does have a good ending but Will Smith deserved an Oscar
nomination and so does his son Jaden Smith. It's hard to get more real
than this. Maybe that is why the critics have been out in force
attacking The Pursuit of Happyness as weak, insipid and saccharine.
Maybe it's just that they are addicted to watching too many reruns of
the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

But I do like some of the responses to the critics on rotten tomatoes
website:

"The film is a touching inspiring one. I can't understand why the
critics aren't giving it as much credit as it deserves . . . this movie
brought me closer to my dad. Will Smith is triumphant in his role and
his son steals each scene that he's in. Don't care what the critics say,
just go and see this movie with your family."

Another fan of the movie said this, "It's an absolutely beautiful
portrayal of motivation, struggle, poverty, exhaustion, love,
dedication, fear . . . why can't the critics just enjoy a movie for a
change?"

The trouble with The Pursuit of Happyness is that it is so close to home
for many of us, that it is at times hard to enjoy. Perhaps the quote
that sums it all up is when Chris Gardner says, "I met my father for the
first time when I was 28 years old. I decided that when I had children,
they were going to know who their father was." Those are the words of a
courageous man.

Lovework

Make up your own mind about The Pursuit of Happyness. In my opinion,
definitely better than the wonderful Australian production 'Happy Feet',
although Happy Feet is aimed at a much younger audience and box office
receipts show I would be easily outvoted.

Yours for more happiness

Warwick Marsh

PS Another great Australian movie is the very funny but heart-warming
'Kenny', a movie trying to tell how things really are without the usual
Hollywood pretence. The language gets pretty strong but Kenny is another
brave single dad, trying his best in a culture that's not very father
friendly.

 ___________________________________________________________

Warwick Marsh  has been married to Alison for 31 years. He is the father
of five children, four boys and one girl, ranging in age from 25 years
to 14 years.  Warwick is a musician, songwriter, producer and public
speaker who likes to think he can still laugh at himself.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Grandads

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Pursuit%20of%20H
appyness_2.jpg> 

 

It may be hard on some fathers not to have a son,

but it is much harder on a boy

not to have a father.

S Gilbert

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Laughter

 

 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/snow%20kids.gif>
Did you hear about the teacher who, one winter, was helping one of her
kindergarten 
students put his boots on? He asked for help and she could see why. With
her pulling 

and him pushing,the boots still didn't want to go on. After a time, when
the second 

boot was on, she had worked up a sweat. She almost whimpered when the
little boy 

said, "Teacher, they're on the wrong feet. "

She looked and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the
boots off 

than it was putting them on. She managed to keep her cool as together
they worked 

to get the boots back on - this time on the right feet. He then
announced, "These 

aren't my boots. "

She bit her tongue rather than get right in his face and scream, "Why
didn't you say

 so sooner? "as she wanted to. 

Once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off. He
then said, 

"They're my brother's boots. My Mum made me wear them." She didn't know
if she 

should laugh or cry. 

She mustered up the grace to wrestle the boots on his feet again. 

She said, "Now, where are your mittens? "

He said, "I stuffed them in the toes of my boots... "

Ever have one of those days? 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Single Dads 

 

Congratulations, you are amongst the first to read Tony Miller's
introduction to his new book, 'His, Hers and the Truth', an
autobiography about Tony's journey and the work he has founded, 'dads in
distress'.  We look forward to Tony's book being published later in the
year and wish him all the best with it. We are sure it will encourage
and inspire many fathers and families across the world.

Tony would appreciate your comments. Please send them to:
[email-masked]  

His, Hers and the Truth (Pt 1)

By Tony Miller
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Pain.jpg> 

Tears are rolling down the guys face and creating a small pool of water
on the floor. He is leaning over, face cupped in his big hands. He
cannot stop sobbing, wailing, crying, his back is moving up and down as
he draws breath in between his sobbing. 

'I just couldn't do it. I'm a coward. I'm a f*** coward,he cries out. He
describes how he is a truckie. How he had hours earlier pulled his rig
up on the outskirts of this south coast town, drove into the bush,
pulled out a length of rope from his tool kit fashioned it into a noose
and had climbed up on the roof of his rig. "I have been sitting there on
my rig with this piece of rope slung over a tree and waiting for the
guts to stick my lousy neck in it. I just didn't have the guts in the
end. I'm here. I heard about this meeting on the CB network. I don't
know if you can help me. I don't know if this is where I should be. I'm
scared. I'm f*** scared. Maybe I will get the guts to do it. I just want
this pain to stop. I just want to get off!"

His wife had left him 3 months earlier, three kids. He hasn't laid his
eyes on them for 3 months.

I look around at the faces in the circle of men gathered at this meeting
and detect that there isn't a dry eye in the house except my own. I had
heard it all before. In every town, in just about every call, in just
about every email. "I just want to stop the pain." "I just want to get
off." "I've had enough." "I can't take it anymore."

There was a long silence when this guy finished speaking. We normally
ask for a minute's silence in between each speaker, to reflect on what
has just been said and to think about the honour that has just been
bestowed upon us by someone sharing part of their life with us; and it
is an honour. It takes a lot of guts to walk into a meeting full of
strangers and spill your guts. I could see that the dozen guys in the
meeting were all in deep reflection and all were feeling this guy's
pain.

I find myself strangely not thinking of his story, but of another. A
young girl called Chrystal. Chrystal was just 16 years old. Mum and Dad
had split up. Mum went her way, Dad went his. Mum had the two children
with her. The family home was put up for sale. A real estate For Sale
sign placed on the front lawn. The home was on the market for some time
when Chrystal returned one day without telling anyone. She should have
been at school but some reason the authorities cannot explain she
wasn't. She knew there was a window that was easy to open at the rear of
her old family home; she had used it in years gone by to escape the
arguments. Now she prized it open and climbed in. 

She sat on the lounge room floor bare of anything but the carpet. She
got up and walked from room to room. Standing in her own room she could
only reflect on what it used to look like. Bare now but it once
contained her prize possessions. It was once her haven, her getaway. It
was somewhere she could escape. It contained her dolls from childhood,
her posters of her childhood heroes, pop stars, and cartoon characters,
make-up, jewels and of course her private diary. It was a place where
her friends would sleep over and they would stay up way after Mum and
Dad had gone to bed and where she and her friends would talk about boys,
about life, about nothing important but to them, until sleep eventually
took over. It was the place where Mum came in and tucked her into bed
and kissed her goodnight and it was the place that Dad would also do the
same even though Mum had already done it. It was a place which was hers.
Now it was empty.

As she stood at the door, tears flowing down her cheeks she closed the
door behind her and returned to the lounge room and sat in the middle of
the floor of this large empty room. She sat there a long time thinking
about the good times, the sad times, the laughter, and the arguments.
Tears now streaming like a river down her pretty little sixteen year old
face, she felt much older then she was. The pain of what had happened,
the split, the divorce, the once happy family home now empty just like
her life she thought. "I just want to stop the pain. I just want to get
off!"

She reached into her backpack and pulled out a bottle of methylated
spirits she had purchased earlier from the local corner store. With
tears streaming now like a waterfall down her cheeks, she thought, "I
don't care who was right or who was wrong. I have heard both sides of
the story and I'm in the middle. It's my fault. If it wasn't for me they
would be happy. I just want to stop the pain; I just want to get off!"
She got up from the floor unscrewed the bottle of Metho and began
splashing it over the floor, the walls; she ran from room to room
splashing the liquid everywhere she could.

Then in one moment, one instant, one strike of a match. This sixteen
year old beautiful young girl put an end to her pain. Chrystal was her
name and I will never forget her. "I just want to end the pain; I just
want to get off!"

I suddenly snap out of my thoughts and find I have tears streaming down
my face. The guys are slowly getting up out of their seats and are
heading for the coffee urn, this part of the meeting over.

Part 2 next week.

Please send your comments to Tony Miller: [email-masked]  

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Special Feature

The Pursuit of Happyness

 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Chris_Gardner.jp
g> Christopher Gardner is the owner and CEO of Christopher Gardner
International Holdings with offices in New York, Chicago, and San
Francisco. Surmounting acute obstacles on his road to success, Gardner
is an avid motivational speaker, addressing the keys to
self-empowerment, beating odds, and breaking cycles. Gardner is also a
passionate philanthropist committed to many charitable organizations. 

The amazing story of Gardner's life was published as an autobiography,
The Pursuit of Happyness, (Amistad/Harper Collins) on May 23, 2006, and
is the inspiration for a movie of the same title which was released by
Columbia Pictures in January, 2007 in Australia. Will Smith stars as
Gardner, and Gardner is an associate producer. 

Always hard working and tenacious, a series of circumstances in the
early 1980's left Gardner homeless in San Francisco and the sole
guardian of his toddler son. Unwilling to give up Chris Jr. or his dream
of financial independence, Gardner started at the bottom. Without
connections or a college degree, he earned a spot in the Dean Witter
Reynolds training program. Often spending his nights in a church shelter
or the bathroom at a Bay Area Rapid Transit station in Oakland, Gardner
was the sole trainee offered a job at Dean Witter Reynolds in 1981. He
spent 1983-1987 at Bear Stearns & Co., where he became a top earner, and
then in 1987, he founded the brokerage firm Gardner Rich & Co in
Chicago. 

Born February 9, 1954 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Gardner never knew his
father. He lived with his mother, Bettye Jean Gardner, whom he adored,
and, when necessary, in foster homes. Despite a life of hardship and
emotional scarring, his mother provided him with strong "spiritual
genetics" and taught him some of the greatest lessons of his life, which
he follows to this day. Bettye Jean convinced him that in spite of where
he came from, he could attain whatever goals he set for himself by
saying, "If you want to, one day you could make a million dollars."
Gardner believed this to be fact, and knew he would have to find a
career he could be passionate about, and one that would allow him to "be
world-class at something." 

Straight out of high school, Gardner enlisted in the Navy, just like his
uncles, his role models, had done. After the military, Gardner went to
San Francisco and took a job as a medical supply salesman. Then he
reached a turning point in his life. In a parking lot, he met a man
driving a red Ferrari. "He was looking for a parking space. I said, 'You
can have mine, but I gotta ask you two questions.' The two questions
were: What do you do? And how do you do that? Turns out this guy was a
stockbroker and he was making $80,000 a month." 

That pivotal encounter gave Gardner a clear career goal and he began
knocking on doors, applying for training programs at brokerages even
though it meant he would have to live on next to nothing while he
learned. When he was finally accepted into a program, he left his job in
medical sales. But his plans collapsed when the man who offered him the
training slot was fired, and Gardner had no job to go back to. Then he
was put in jail for $1,200 in parking violations he couldn't pay. Chris
Jr.'s mother left and Gardner, despite his circumstances, fought to keep
his son because, as he says, "I made up my mind as a young kid that when
I had children they were going to know who their father is, and that he
isn't going anywhere." 

Finally managing to enter the training program at Dean Witter Reynolds,
Gardner's meager stipend as a trainee meant he, like so many working
poor in America, had a job but couldn't make ends meet. Chris's
co-workers never knew he spent his evenings trying to arrange day care,
find food and a safe place for him and his son to sleep. After spending
nights in a locked bathroom at an Oakland subway station, Gardner
persuaded Rev. Cecil Williams, founder of a new shelter program for
homeless women at Glide Memorial United Methodist Church, to let him and
Chris Jr. stay at the shelter. 

Gardner passed his licensing exam in 1981 on the first try. He arrived
early, stayed late and worked the phones day after day to lure new
clients. He and Chris Jr. got an apartment, and in 1983 he joined Bear,
Stearns & Company. After becoming a top producer, first in San Francisco
and later in New York, Gardner left in 1987 to establish Gardner Rich &
Company, Inc., an institutional brokerage firm specializing in the
execution of debt, equity and derivative products transactions for some
of the nations largest institutions, public pension plans and unions.
The company has expanded into Christopher Gardner International Holdings
and now has a business project underway in South Africa. 

Gardner reaches out to many programs serving the homeless, donating
time, assistance, and funds. Foremost among these are the Glide United
Methodist Church in San Francisco and The Cara Program in Chicago. At
Glide, Gardner assists with fundraising, donates clothes and shoes, and
speaks at services and events. He is also involved in a plan to
revitalize and provide new housing in the neighborhood around Glide. At
Cara, which assists the homeless and at-risk populations in Chicago with
comprehensive job training and placement, Gardner speaks at counseling
sessions, assists with permanent job placement, and also donates
clothing and shoes. 

Gardner serves as a board member of the National Fatherhood Initiative,
whose mission is to improve the well-being of children by increasing the
proportion of children growing up with involved, responsible, and
committed fathers. Gardner was the recipient of the group's Father of
the Year Award in 2002. 

Gardner is particularly committed to educational organizations. He
serves on the board of the National Education Foundation and sponsors
two annual awards: the National Education Association's National
Educational Support Personnel Award and the American Federation of
Teachers-Paraprofessionals and School-Related Personnel (PSRP) Award. He
is also involved with the Chicago Teachers? Union, sponsoring activities
and outings for Chicago public school kids. 

In addition to the father of the Year Award, Gardner has also been
honored by the Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women (LACAAW)
with the 25th Annual Humanitarian Award, and by the Continental Africa
Chamber of Commerce with the 2006 Friends of Africa Award. 

Chris Gardner's remarkable story of struggle, faith, entrepreneurialism,
and fatherly devotion has catapulted him beyond the notoriety he has
found on Wall Street. He has been featured on the "Evening News with Dan
Rather," "20/20," "Oprah," "The View," CNN, CNBC as well as being the
subject of profiles in numerous newspapers and magazines including USA
Today, Associated Press, New York Times, Fortune, Reader's Digest,
Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, and the Milwaukee Journal
Sentinel. He is also a highly sought after speaker. 

Gardner has two children and resides in Chicago and New York

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Thought of the Week

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Chris%20gardner_
son.jpg> 

I made up my mind as a young kid

that when I had children

they were going to know who 
their father is,

and that he isn't going anywhere.

The real Christopher Gardner

www.chrisgardnermedia.com <http://www.chrisgardnermedia.com/>  

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

All You Need is Love

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/couple%20talking
.jpg> 

Thinking of Ideas for Valentine's Day?

Learning How to Reconnect

Repository 

January 12, 2007

Denise Sautters

"It was kind of like a shot in the arm for us," said Pat Milam of North
Canton. "We got a new appreciation for each other."

Milam is talking about the Marriage Encounter weekend she and her
husband, Dave, attended in 2001. What they learned was how to examine
their lives together and share feelings openly and honestly.

The emphasis of the weekends is on communication between husbands and
wives. 

The couple get away from the distractions and tensions of everyday life,
enabling them to concentrate on each other.

During the weekend, presentations are given, then participating couples
are asked a question. They return to their rooms, where they address the
issue together, usually in a letter to each other.

Pat is quick to point out that Marriage Encounter is not for troubled
marriages. Instead, she said, it offers couples a way to enrich their
lives together.

"Marriage encounters are intended for marriages that are good and solid.
The weekend just kind of rejuvenates you," she said.

"It makes you feel alive again and helps you realize what a gift you
have in the gift of marriage and the gift you have in your spouse."

Her husband said that, for him, the weekend taught him how to keep their
marriage fresh.

"What the weekend did for me is taught me techniques that would help us
regain that intimacy we had when we were first married," he said. The
two have been married 27 years.

Communication is Key

Tim and Donna Dannemiller of Jackson Township have gone to three
Marriage Encounter weekends.

"It taught us to communicate on a deeper level," said Donna.

"There are a lot of things each person carries over as baggage into a
marriage. Each person carries a different life experience and
expectation into marriage."

She told a story about an incident that happened early in the couple's
marriage.

"When we were first married, I had come home from school (she was a
teacher), and he had vacuumed. My father had never run the sweeper in
all the years we lived at home. I looked at what he had done and thought
'Ooh gosh, he thinks I'm a bad housekeeper.'"

That wasn't it at all.

He thought he was doing something to make her feel good, he said.

"We had very different reactions to the same thing based on our
backgrounds," she said. "We interpret the behaviour of our spouse by our
own background. Marriage encounter teaches you how to understand the
motivation behind what is going on."

While she was very open to the first encounter weekend in 1976 she and
Tim went on, he was reluctant.

"From a man's viewpoint, understanding women is not the easiest thing
for most men. Men are so simple. There are only so many things men want
to do, but women have all these emotions involved in everything they do.

"We've gone three times, and the third time I got more out of it than
the first two times," said Tim. "I think it (marriage encounter) gives
men a tool to understand women better. It is kind of like that movie,
'What Women Really Want,' only we do it by writing letters and
explaining our feelings about things. After learning the technique of
dialoguing, you understand what is going on in the other person's head.
I look at it like a cheat sheet for guys."

Newlyweds
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/wedding_rhs_2606
.jpg> 

Karen Lorenz of Jackson Township is concerned about the perception
people have of marriage in general.

"Marriage is so under attack in our country," she said. She and her
husband Joe recently attended their first marriage encounter weekend.
"You hear about all the negative things that affect marriages every day.
This is something positive.

"You learn to listen with an open heart. When you have disagreements,
you are always trying to persuade the other person to see it from your
point of view. Marriage encounter teaches you the listening skills you
need. Rather than listen while you are cooking or sweeping, it teaches
you to truly sit down and listen with an open heart to what the person
is saying and not form judgments or opinions."

Married only two and a half years, Lorenz said both were set in their
ways when they got married. They went to the encounter weekend for their
two-year anniversary.

"One of the things with us, is we had two very mobile careers when we
were married," said Joe. "She travelled nationally with her job and I
was here in Canton in real estate. We learned a lot about each other,
but I think we learned more about each other in three days we were
'cooped up' together than we did in the previous four years." 

Find out more about Marriage Encounter Weekends at:

http://www.wwme.org.au/  

Celebrate Love Seminars

http://www.celebratelove.com.au <http://www.celebratelove.com.au/>
A Weekend to Remember/A Day to Treasure

http://www.ozfamily.org.au/ 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

News & Info

<http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20312376-421,00.html> 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/nat_drought.jpg>
Australia's Drought

A Call to Pray and Fast

Forty Days of Prayer & Preparation 

beginning Australia Day - 26 Jan 07

The current drought, which is affecting most parts of southern and
eastern Australia, is currently reaching crisis proportions. Chris
Davis, CEO of the Australian Water Association, says the drought has
surpassed the Federation drought of 1895-1902. As the worst drought on
record, Blair Trewin, one of the authors of the enclosed 12 month
drought report from the Bureau of Meteorology, is more cautious than
Chris Davis and his assessment is that some parts of South Eastern
Australia and Southern and South Western Australia are not as bad as the
Federation drought but some areas are much worse. The final Annual
Climate Statement 2006 from the Bureau of Meteorology is also attached
or follow the link: 

http://www.bom.gov.au/announcements/media_releases/climate/change/200701
03.shtml  

Whatever the case, the drought situation in Australia is crippling the
farming community: suicide and farm closures are increasing and now even
the big cities are moving into crisis mode. In December 2006 only 2.1%
of the state of NSW was not drought affected. Victoria and South
Australia were not much better, but in some cases arguably worse. Total
NSW dam storage is hovering around 20.4% with many smaller towns carting
water from ever dwindling supplies.

The capital cities generally speaking are not much better with Sydney on
36% capacity, Melbourne on 38%, Brisbane on 23%, Perth on 27%, Canberra
on 38.24% and Adelaide in crisis mode and most likely to run out of
water entirely in 2008 if inflows into the Murray-Darling don't increase
dramatically. Total inflow of water into the Murray River in December
2006 was 34 gigalitres, the lowest ever on record. The Darling River is
similar and could well be in a worse state. Farmers have been told they
will not get water this year for irrigation. For some farmers and city
dwellers the big dry started in 1996, others in 1999 and for others in
2001. Whatever the case, it continues to this day with the added
calamity of bushfires. In Victoria many fires are still burning out of
control.

The water crisis situation in the capital cities could well be
understated if the NSW government is an example of honesty and
transparency. Former government advisor Dr Charles Essery claims the NSW
government is adding undrinkable deep storage water to the official dam
figures to boost supply figures. No doubt the NSW election at the end of
March 2007 is one of the reasons no further water restrictions are being
added to already nervous householders, whilst other states have
introduced much tougher restrictions. The only capital cities without
water restrictions are Hobart and Darwin.

The rainfall pattern over the last decade has favoured the Northern and
North Western parts of Australia which is good news for these sparsely
populated areas but this has done little to solve the crisis caused by
the drought in the densely populated Southern and Eastern regions of
Australia. Many scientists argue that it is all a result of greenhouse
gas emissions and climate change. More recently a CSIRO scientist argued
that the lack of rain had little to do with climate change but more to
do with the natural variables of our Australian climate.

The Fatherhood Foundation believes that our nation's problems are both
natural and spiritual as per the introduction to The 12pt Plan. We
believe in the power of prayer and join with the Australian Prayer
Network and the wider Christian community in calling for 40 days of
prayer on behalf of our nation to break the drought. This 40 day period
of prayer, fasting and preparation will lead up to the Solemn Assembly
9, 10, 11 March 2007 in Canberra where united prayers will be offered on
behalf of our nation to break the drought.

For more information on the call to prayer: http://www.ausprayerne
<http://www.ausprayernet.org.au> t.org.au 

________________________________________________________

Family bond a clincher

More good stuff about The Pursuit of Happyness

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21015812-5006023,00.html
<http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21015812-5006023,00.html
> 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Dad's Prayer

 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Family%20And%20D
og.jpg> 

 

Dear God

Help me not go anywhere far from home

because home is where my heart is

and my children need to know I've got a heart.

If my heart's not in my home

It can grow cold and lifeless.

So Lord

Help me fill my home with your love because 
your love is the only love that lasts

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Help Us

Click here for more information about us
<http://www.ausheart.com.au/fathers/about/index.html>  

Help Us!

The Fatherhood Foundation is a Harm Prevention Charity. 
Fatherlessness and inadequate fathering has been proven to be a source
of harm. 

The Fatherhood Foundation helps children by promoting excellence  in
fathering. Excellent fathers are in word and deed: responsible,
involved, protective, loving and committed to the well-being of their
children and their children's mother.

If you would like to give financially to the Fatherhood Foundation
Public Fund and receive tax deductibility:

Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund 
(Name, address and amount details must be emailed for a receipt for tax
deductibility)
Westpac Branch Wollongong
BSB: 032 695
A/C: 25-5558 

Or mail cheque and address details to:
PO Box 440
WOLLONGONG  NSW  2520
AUSTRALIA

The Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund  is a public fund listed on the
Register of Harm Prevention Charities under Subdivision 30_EA of the
Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.

You have received the fathersonline.org newsletter because you have
subscribed, or you have been subscribed by a friend.  If you do not wish
to receive future emails, please click the UNSUBSCRIBE button below or
send an email to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject heading.

back to top 

	Click Here to Unsubscribe
<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/optout/?CampaignID=1269&Co
ntactID=101438>