Subject: Longer Living Pt 1
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 08:46:42 +1100

<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/tracker/read.asp?ReadID=94
0144> 
Unable to read this email? Please click here
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/view.asp?CampaignMediaID=1414&Con
tactID=101438&ContactEmail=[email-masked]> 
 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/header.jpg> 
Issue 237 - 5th March, 2007 	Go to our website Here
<http://www.fathersonline.org/> 	 
 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/inthisissue.jpg>
*	Hello Alison
*	Grandads
*	Laughter
*	Single Dads 
*	Special Feature
*	Thought of the Week
*	All You Need is Love
*	News & Info
*	Dad's Prayer
*	Help Us

Hello Alison

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/fat-men.jpg>
Super Size Me, the story of Morgan Spurlock who survived on a diet of
McDonalds for 30 days with many documented detrimental side effects,
could well be considered extreme. The reality of Spurlock's story is
that his diet is indicative of what many call our 'western' diet. The
Western diet is high in protein (especially animal protein), high in
saturated fats, refined foods and sugars but low in plant-based whole
foods. Many experts are beginning to seriously question our western
approach to nutrition and health in general. It seems as if a mood for
change is starting to grow and not before time.

My own mother was a registered nurse, trained in some of the best
hospitals in the world. Her own experience of our 'fix it after its
broken' style of medicine caused her to look outside the square for the
answers. Mum was always big on eating your fruit and finishing your
vegetables. I must confess, at times I thought she was extreme, but I am
still alive today, which must say something. Dad was also an innovative
thinker. I can still remember him saying, "Doctors bury their mistakes."
He told me of the different approach that the Chinese have to medicine.
In a village everybody pays the doctor while they are well and stops
paying him when they get sick. This simple but brilliant idea rewards an
approach to medicine that focuses on prevention rather than cure. As a
young boy I was quite impressed with the idea and wondered why we didn't
adopt the idea in the West. So I have always had an interest in health,
but just like any other ordinary Aussie bloke, I have drifted along with
the culture and never bothered too much with my own health.

Strangely enough my renewed interest in health was inspired when we
began the Fatherhood Foundation in 2002 and saw the shocking state of
men's health in Australia. The system and the overt discrimination
against men were contributing factors to the deplorable state of men's
health, but we as men were still the biggest part of the problem. As an
advocate for an improvement in men's health I realised that I first had
to become the change I sought.  My wife and I started going to the gym
every morning. I began to take a greater interest in what I ate, and I
began to notice a general improvement in my health, even though I was
still overweight.

Last year a good friend of mine in the
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/China%20study.gi
f> fatherhood movement, Mark Bourne of the Richard Hillman Foundation,
gave me a book called 'The China Study'. The subtitle caught my
attention, 'The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted -
Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-Term Health', by
Dr Colin Campbell, a professor from Cornell University, USA © 2005
Published by BenBella Books, Dallas, USA. This book has rocked my world
and challenged many cherished assumptions and malpractices. My major
problem is that I am finding it very hard to disagree with the research
that is presented.

The China Study is based on 40 years of scientific research and
correlates opinions and experience from the best researchers on diet in
the world. All of us have friends that have died from heart attacks or a
lingering form of cancer. My own father died of coronary heart failure
at 74 years of age. We accept these diseases as normal, but these same
diseases are rare or nonexistent in 4 billion of the world's population
who do not consume the high animal protein and highly refined food, high
fat diet that we consume in the West. In some parts of rural China with
a high plant food consumption and a low animal protein diet, heart
disease and cancer are virtually nonexistent. The reverse is true when
Chinese people followed our western dietary habits, beginning then to
suffer from diseases of affluence with greatly increased levels of
cancer and heart disease.

If you don't want to be challenged, don't read The China Study. If you
are looking for health answers and have an open mind, then this is the
best book on health that you could possibly read. You will find an
excerpt from the forward of The China Study in the Special Feature
section.

Lovework

Always do your own research. Don't blindly believe what the experts tell
you. Another title for Dad is 'Family Researcher'.

If you and your family want to enjoy a long and healthy life, The China
Study by Dr Colin Campbell is a must read. It will smash some of your
most cherished notions just as it has done mine. I'm trying to figure
out what to do about it, but don't worry, I will get there and so will
you.

To order your own copy of The China Study contact Mark Bourne:
[email-masked]  who will give you a great deal at a great price.

 ___________________________________________________________

Warwick Marsh  has been married to Alison for 31 years. He is the father
of five children, four boys and one girl, ranging in age from 26 years
to 14 years.  Warwick is a musician, songwriter, producer and public
speaker who likes to think he can still laugh at himself.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Grandads

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/father_daughter.
gif> 

People don't care how much you know

until they know how much you care about them.

David J Schwartz

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Laughter

 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Stick_04745.jpg>
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Stick_10466.jpg>
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Stick_21659.jpg>
back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Single Dads 

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/brainwashing.gif
> Below is a text version of Bettina's Arndt's article, slamming
FemiNasty Aunty (the ABC) for dishonesty and bias. This time, they lied
by claiming that Parental Alienation was thoroughly discredited 

Journalist, Bettina Arndt is one of the great supporters of children,
fathers and families, and deserves our respect. The slowly dying
Baby-Boomer papers (the Sydney Morning Feminist and the Melbourne
Middle-Age) don't print her stuff anymore.  "The Australian" and the
"West Australian" newspapers is less biased.

James ADAMS   (PartTimeParent)

www.DadsOnTheAir.net <http://www.dadsontheair.net/>   - the radio
station for 

Australia's largest minority group - men.

Aunty Brainwashed on Parental Alienation    

By Bettina Arndt 

4 March 2007

West Australian 

 ABC management is supposedly watching out for bias and distortion. They
should take a hard look at Radio National's Background Briefing. For
one-eyed, ideologically driven agendas, this documentary series would be
hard to beat. Take the recent program on parental alienation in custody
cases.   

Talk to people and you'll find most know of acrimonious divorce cases
where one parent has attempted to alienate the children from the other
parent. It happens often.   

Usually it's the custodial mother who is influencing the children but
now that more fathers are having significant access there are men
behaving equally badly. Parental alienation exists -- that's a
no-brainer.   

But what is more controversial is whether this brainwashing of children
amounts to a psychological disorder, as was suggested more than 20 years
ago by American psychiatrist Richard Gardner.   

Gardner proposed that parents deliberately programming children to hate
the other parent -- Parental Alienation Syndrome or PAS -- was only one
of the many complex family patterns that can result in alienated
children.   

PAS became widely acknowledged as a common part of the divorce story.   

The issue of whether there really is PAS has recently come under
question, with experts quarrelling over whether it makes it onto the
various lists of mental disorders.   

That's why Background Briefing decided to weigh in, arguing that PAS has
now been discredited yet claiming it is still being used in the
Australian Family Court to remove children from their mothers and hand
them over to abusing fathers. What a load of hogwash.   

Gardner did suggest that in rare cases of PAS -- perhaps 10 per cent --
the hatred and distorted thinking of the alienating parent was such that
it was sometimes better to remove the child, where, for instance, a
child was dragged through repeated examinations following false
allegations of sexual abuse.   

Lawyers defending fathers against such false allegations do use
Gardner's theory to argue for a change in custody, with some success in
the US.   

But Background Briefing takes this further by digging up a dubious US
expert who claimed PAS had become a cancer in their family court,
resulting in experts recommending five-year-old children be handcuffed
and removed from the "protective" parent and handed over to fathers who
have sodomised them.   

Such scaremongering stories are far from the reality in the Australian
courts. It is extremely rare that our courts ever rule that children be
removed from custodial parents.   

It just doesn't happen unless there is overwhelming evidence that the
parent is unfit -- as the Chief Justice Diana Bryant pointed out in the
program -- but her voice was drowned out by people claiming, without any
proper evidence, that she was wrong.   

For much of the program, Background Briefing revised the tired old issue
of whether there are false claims of sexual abuse. These often are at
the heart of PAS cases because the alienating parent uses them to try to
discredit the other parent.   

It glossed over a comment by Professor Kim Oates pointing out false
accusations are far higher in custody cases, where they usually stem not
from children but from a parent.   

It suggested women are always victims and that the courts are
manipulated by dangerous men keen to damage their own children.   

Instead of this tired old propaganda, why don't these radio producers
wake up to the real news -- that children's matters are now to be
largely kept out of the courts and dealt with by mediators aiming to
help parents stop all these games.   

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Special Feature

 

The China Study

Introduction (Part 1)
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/ChinaStudy_Campb
ells_72dpi.jpg> 

For ten years our primary goal in the Philippines was to improve
childhood malnutrition among the poor, a project funded by the US Agency
for International Development. Eventually, we established about 110
nutrition 'self-help' education centres around the country.

The aim of these efforts in the Philippines was simple: make sure that
children were getting as much protein as possible, it was widely thought
that much of the childhood malnutrition in the world was caused by a
lack of protein, especially from animal-based foods. Universities and
governments around the world were working to alleviate a perceived
'protein gap' in the developing world.

In this project, however, I uncovered a dark secret. Children who ate
the highest-protein diets were the ones most likely to get liver cancer!
They were the children of the wealthiest families.

I then noticed a research report from India that had some very
provocative, relevant findings. Indian researchers had studied two
groups of rats. In one group, they administered the cancer-causing
aflatoxin, then fed a diet that was composed of 20% protein, a level
near what many of us consume in the West. In the other group, they
administered the same amount of aflatoxin, but then fed a diet that was
only composed of 5% protein. Incredibly, every single animal that
consumed the 20% protein diet had evidence of liver cancer, and every
single animal that consumed a 5% protein diet avoided liver cancer. It
was a 100 to 0 score, leaving no doubt that nutrition trumped chemical
carcinogens, even very potent carcinogens, in controlling cancer. 

This information countered everything I had been taught. It was
heretical to say that protein wasn't healthy, let alone say it promoted
cancer. It was a defining moment in my career. Investigating such a
provocative question so early in my career was not a very wise choice.
Questioning protein and animal-based foods in general ran the risk of my
being labelled a heretic, even if it passed the test of 'good science'.
. . 

. . . What we found was shocking. Low-protein diets inhibited the
initiation of cancer by aflatoxin, regardless of how much of this
carcinogen was administered to these animals. After cancer initiation
was completed, low-protein diets also dramatically blocked subsequent
cancer growth. In other words, the cancer-producing effects of this
highly carcinogenic chemical were rendered insignificant by a
low-protein diet. In fact, dietary protein proved to be so powerful in
its effect that we could turn on and turn off cancer growth simply by
changing the level consumed.

Furthermore, the amounts of protein being fed were those that we humans
routinely consume. We didn't use extraordinary levels, as is so often
the case in carcinogen studies.

To purchase your copy of The China Study by Dr Colin Campbell write to
Mark Bourne at [email-masked]   or go to Amazon and pay more.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Thought of the Week

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/money%20hands.jp
g> 

Men will spend their health 

getting wealth;

then gladly pay all

 they have earned to 

get health back.

Mike Murdoch

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

All You Need is Love

  

MARRIAGE KEY TO A BETTER BRITAIN
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/marraige%201.jpg
> 

Marriage Tax-break Vow to Rally

Martin Shipton, Western Mail, 5th  Mar  2007

A CULTURE change in favour of marriage is needed to save the UK from
complete social breakdown, the Conservative leader David Cameron warned
yesterday.

Speaking at the Welsh Conservative conference in Cardiff, the Tory
leader said that problems of crime, violence and poverty could only be
solved through placing greater emphasis on the importance of marriage.

His views last night received a cautious welcome from church leaders and
family groups, along with a warning that solving anti-social behaviour
would not be as simple as increasing matrimony rates.

Mr Cameron said married couples were far more likely to remain together,
providing a stable base for bringing up children, and repeated his
willingness to use tax incentives to make a formal union more attractive
than cohabiting.

"This is not about saying that single parents do a bad job," he said.

"They do the hardest job in the world. It is simply saying that kids do
best when mum and dad are both there for them.

"And we should not ignore one compelling fact. Nearly one in two
cohabiting parents split up before their child's fifth birthday. The
figure for married couples is one in 12.

"That is why we support marriage and, yes, we should back it with the
tax system."

Education Secretary Alan Johnson last week said politicians should deal
with child welfare, not the status of the parents' relationship, after
Mr Cameron called for tax breaks for married couples.

Tony Blair said the argument about 'marriage versus lone parents' was
not enough to address gun and gang culture.

But Mr Cameron said he was not concerned by criticism of his decision to
herald marriage as the best cure for social problems.

"We are fighting to support our families with child care and more
flexible working opportunities and with a commitment to marriage as the
central institution in a strong society," he said.

"You know and I know and everyone out there knows that the big argument
in British politics today is about our society.

"Because it's not economic breakdown that Britain faces today, but
social breakdown.

"I think it's time we recognised that family breakdown is the central
factor in the social breakdown we see in our country today."

Marriage has been a key theme in several of the Conservative leader's
addresses since he assumed the role in December 2005.

At the party's main conference in Bournemouth last October, he said,
"There's something special about marriage.

"It's not about religion. It's not about morality. It's about
commitment.

"When you stand up there, in front of your friends and your family, in
front of the world, whether it's in a church or anywhere else, what
you're doing really means something."

He was yesterday unapologetic about its centrality to his agenda.

"Some people say it's wrong to single out marriage in this way," he told
party activists in Sophia Gardens.

"I don't care. The evidence is there and we need to support it."

The Conservative leader's continued promotion of marriage may be seen as
a risky strategy after John Major¹s 1993 family-friendly Back To Basics
campaign backfired amid allegations of sleaze.

In addition to his proposals for more favourable taxation terms for
married couples, Mr Cameron also wants businesses to make allowances for
parents.

And he advocated punishing fathers who abandon their family
responsibilities with the 'full force of shame'.

But the Rev Aled Edwards, chief executive of the church group Cytun,
said a focus on marriage should form only part of a wider package to
help young people, while the Rev John Owen, the Catholic chaplain of
Cardiff University, said although marriage played a key role in creating
stability, in many cases the reality was very different to what he
called Mr Cameron's 'idealised' view.

Katrina Williams, of Children in Wales, said, "It's not as simple as the
legality of marriage. It's all to do with the quality of relationships."

The speech provoked criticism from Labour for what it said was a lack of
consistency in the Conservative position on tax breaks.

Chief Secretary to the Treasury Stephen Timms said, "The Tories are now
clearly in total confusion on tax breaks for married couples.

"With every day that passes, David Cameron's commitment on tax breaks
for marriage unravels further."

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

News & Info

 

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/couple-arguing.g
if> 

Workloads take big family toll

Read more-it's not a surprise:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21332864-2,00.html
<http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21332864-2,00.html> 

 

USA Men's / Fatherhood  Speaker Coming to Australia  April 2007

Robert Lewis is the creator and presenter of Men's Fraternity, a three
year men's training resource, guiding men on the journey to noble
authentic manhood. Robert Lewis is fast becoming one of the most
recognized voices in America on men's issues and is an amazing
communicator and teacher in the advancement and promotion of men
discovering their manhood.

Robert Lewis is coming to Australia in April 2007 to provide training,
inspiration and resources for pastors, leaders and anyone passionate
about this vital cause. 

I have three website links for you to go to for more information:

http://www.crsonline.com.au/crs_s_GroupInformation.asp?sgID=17
<http://www.crsonline.com.au/crs_s_GroupInformation.asp?sgID=17>   

- for registration, venue and seminar/training information.

http://www.crsforums.info/mensfraternity/
<http://www.crsforums.info/mensfraternity/>      

- for information on Robert Lewis, Men's Fraternity and all the
available resources.

http://www.crsonline.com.au/crs_r_cat_Search.asp?catID=21
<http://www.crsonline.com.au/crs_r_cat_Search.asp?catID=21>   

all the various Men's Fraternity and Robert Lewis resources that are
available.

If you believe in this cause that Robert is coming to speak to
Australian and New Zealand about, please spread the word and pass his
information around to your interested contacts. I believe there is a
strong movement in our countries at this time towards empowering men and
raising the bar of manhood in our communities, families and Churches.
Please join us in promoting this exciting training opportunity. 

Please feel free to contact me. I look forward in assisting you in
anyway possible.

Let me know what you need as we are only 5 weeks away from Robert
coming. Thank you!

Tim  Smith

Ph: 03 5241 3288 

Fax: 03 5241 3290  

Mob: 0438 551 616

Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>    

Web: www.crsonline.com.au <http://www.crsonline.com.au/>  

__________________________________________________

Subject: Demand review of Carmody's perfomance !

My letter (below) to The Australian regarding Family Court judge Tim
Carmody.  I encourage everyone to write in letters to demand a review of
Tim Carmody's performance including the degree to which he has "imported
paragraphs from previous decisions", and whether he has plagiarised, and
the degree, if any, he has demonstrated bias in favour of female
litigants (quite clear in at least one case).

I will be writing yet another letter to Chief Justice Diana Bryant
citing yet one more reason to investigate Justice Carmody.

Cheers, Geoff

 

The Australian

Letters to the Editor

[email-masked]

Justice Benjamin's 'uncommon' intervention regarding the decision by
Family Court Justice Tim Carmody to give custody to the mother even
though her boyfriend was a convicted child pornography addict, (08 Feb),
raises the question of whether Justice Carmody is a competent judge.

One month ago, (08 Jan), The Australian reported on another decision by
Justice Carmody that was later overturned, where even the ex-wife's
lawyers had expressed surprise at the degree of support Justice Carmody
had given her.  

More disturbing was that the three review judges found that not only did
Justice Carmody rely on factors not based in law, but that he had
'imported paragraphs from previous decisions.'

Given that Justice Rimmer was recently found to have plagiarized and
forced to step down - to the discredit of the Family Court system -
perhaps a full review of Justice Carmody's past performance would be in
order ?

Geoff Holland  

Cairns

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Dad's Prayer

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/fionakids.jpg> 

Dear God

You have given me a body.

Help me keep your temple in good shape.

Help me move it.

Help me shake it.

Help me clean it.

Help me make it.

Most of all help me feed it.

My eyes are bigger than my stomach

and my stomach is bigger than my brain.

Help me research the truth 

And put it into practise,

because it's not much fun for

my kids to watch their dad

go to an early grave

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Help Us

Click here for more information about us
<http://www.ausheart.com.au/fathers/about/index.html>  

Help Us!

The Fatherhood Foundation is a Harm Prevention Charity. 
Fatherlessness and inadequate fathering has been proven to be a source
of harm. 

The Fatherhood Foundation helps children by promoting excellence  in
fathering. Excellent fathers are in word and deed: responsible,
involved, protective, loving and committed to the well-being of their
children and their children's mother.

If you would like to give financially to the Fatherhood Foundation
Public Fund and receive tax deductibility:

Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund 
(Name, address and amount details must be emailed for a receipt for tax
deductibility)
Westpac Branch Wollongong
BSB: 032 695
A/C: 25-5558 

Or mail cheque and address details to:
PO Box 440
WOLLONGONG  NSW  2520
AUSTRALIA

The Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund  is a public fund listed on the
Register of Harm Prevention Charities under Subdivision 30_EA of the
Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.

You have received the fathersonline.org newsletter because you have
subscribed, or you have been subscribed by a friend.  If you do not wish
to receive future emails, please click the UNSUBSCRIBE button below or
send an email to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject heading.

back to top 

	Click Here to Unsubscribe
<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/optout/?CampaignID=1361&Co
ntactID=101438>