Subject: Womens Liberation
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:56:01 +1000

<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/tracker/read.asp?ReadID=95
2332> 
Unable to read this email? Please click here
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/view.asp?CampaignMediaID=1445&Con
tactID=90915&ContactEmail=[email-masked]> 
 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/header.jpg> 
Issue 240 - 26th March, 2007 	Go to our website Here
<http://www.fathersonline.org/> 	 
 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/inthisissue.jpg>
*	Hello Warwick
*	Grandads
*	Laughter
*	Single Dads 
*	Special Feature
*	Thought of the Week
*	All You Need is Love
*	News & Info
*	Dad's Prayer
*	Help Us

Hello Warwick

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/devil%20wears%20
prada.jpg> 

Let me share with you one of the keys to having a happy marriage and
building a great family. 

Liberate your wife! 

You may say, "Warwick that's what the women's liberation movement is
supposed to have done already - great in theory, lousy in practice." 

I have just finished watching 'The Devil Wears Prada', a very popular
chick flick. My wife and daughter told me I had to watch it. I forgot to
tell you that the ability to say 'yes dear' is another key to having a
happy marriage.

The Devil Wears Prada is all about how women have substituted one form
of enslavement for another. The mindless pursuit of a career over
developing real and lasting relationships in the home is something that
men have been exclusively good at until the advent of the so-called
women's liberation.

I remember talking to a young mother and asking her what she thought of
women's liberation. Her reply astounded me. She said, "It is a huge lie.
Before I just needed to be a good mother but now I need to be a good
mother and a career woman at the same time. It is impossible and it's
killing me." That could well be a paraphrase of The Devil Wears Prada
except that the movie is not about motherhood but womanhood.

You see part of the mystery of life is that the sexes are interdependent
and that we are all dependent on someone far greater than ourselves.
True liberation comes from heaven and always works from the inside out.
The same is true in marriage. For many, marriage is an enslavement but
for those who grasp its true meaning it becomes the source of
inescapable freedom. If you want you wife to treat you like a King you
must first treat her like a Queen. If you liberate her, she will also
liberate you.

Let me give you some practical examples from my own marriage. Every year
there is a women's conference in Sydney called 'Colour Your World'. My
wife is one of 16,000 other women who go along to kick up her heels for
a few days and hang out with the sisterhood to get some good practical
and spiritual input. This year she also took our 14 year old daughter as
an ongoing part of her female initiation process. At least that's what
they told me. I think it was more about having fun and having time off
school.

Do you think this might be an inconvenience for a houseful of men who
are hopeless at housework? You bet it is, but every year I have
encouraged and supported my wife to go and hang out with God and the
girls. It is a vital part of her liberation as a woman.

A few years ago my wife had a momentous birthday occasion and only
invited her girlfriends. My job, along with my four sons and a couple of
other males, was to serve all the women. We dressed for the occasion,
like professional waiters with black pants, white shirts and black bow
ties. I know many of her friends were dumbstruck by our open display of
servitude. Who said the liberation process wouldn't cost something (my
male ego was bruised terribly). My wife and daughter were tickled pink.
It was a night they will never forget.

Probably one of the smartest things I have done for my wife in the
liberation process was to buy her her very own mobile phone with her
very own number - I think I stumbled onto this one. We don't get a large
income so this was a bit of a stretch at the time, but I was surprised
at how much this gift meant to her. What I was really saying in this
purchase was, 'You are important, you have your own identity and you are
more than my equal. I recognise you for who you are, a unique gift to
this world, to your family and to me." More than anything else a woman
wants to hear and feel those words. It makes her liberation complete.
The reality is that actions speak louder than words. Love is always a
verb that is better felt than telt.

Lovework

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/father_Mother_ba
by.jpg> 

Let your wife know that she is more than your equal, a unique gift to
this world, and simply irreplaceable as a mother and lover. Her
liberation is in your hands. Don't waste a moment, open the door. Love
is the greatest liberator.

Yours for women's liberation

Warwick Marsh

PS The Compass programme on the ABC is still looking for help from dads
for their 'Dads' programme. 

Their request is simple - Could we provide some fathers for a fatherhood
roundtable with Geraldine Doogue? We organised a few but Compass is
still looking for a father who is a widow or divorced with full care of
young  children and a Dad who is married with young children struggling
on a low income. Have to be in Sydney area or close to Sydney. Do you
know anyone that fits the bill or can you help yourself. We need fathers
who can speak on behalf of fathers all over Australia. This is a
wonderful opportunity. If you can help please call me on 0418225212 or
email your contact details on [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>   

 ___________________________________________________________

Warwick Marsh  has been married to Alison for 31 years. He is the father
of five children, four boys and one girl, ranging in age from 26 years
to 14 years.  Warwick is a musician, songwriter, producer and public
speaker who likes to think he can still laugh at himself.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Grandads

 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/father_and_kids.
jpg> 
If you want to be loved,

love and be lovable.

Benjamin Franklin

 

 

 

 

 

 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Laughter

 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/luigi-flashlight
.jpg> 

Due to a power outage, only one paramedic responded to the call. The
house was very, very dark, so the paramedic asked Kathleen, a 3-year-old
girl, to hold a flashlight high over her Mommy so he could see while he
helped deliver the baby. Very diligently, Kathleen did as she was asked.
Heidi pushed and pushed, and after a little while Connor was born.   The
paramedic lifted him by his little feet and spanked him on his bottom.
Connor began to cry. The paramedic then thanked Kathleen for her help
and asked the wide-eyed 3-year old what she thought about what she had
just witnessed. Kathleen quickly responded, "He shouldn't have crawled
in there in the first place......... smack him again.

 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Single Dads 

Home Again
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/plane%20passenge
rs.jpg> 

By Tony Miller

I arrived back into Sydney Airport from London with a stopover in
Singapore. I arrived tired, confused, sad and with a feeling of failure.
The day I was leaving England my son said goodbye to me outside his
flat. He didn't travel the 2 hour trip to the airport with me, nor even
the 10 minute trip to the bus stop. He just called me a cab and wished
me goodbye on the spot. He gave me a hug and a kiss and that was it.

As I sat in the bus travelling to Heathrow Airport I couldn't help but
think of the past 5 weeks. I began to cry, in fact I also cried on the
plane between London and Aussie. I was able to disguise my tears by
wearing my glasses all the way and by mopping the tears as they rolled
down my face.

I had failed. I had just travelled half way around the world to connect
with my son and for what? It didn't work. Sure we had some moments but
for the most part I just felt I was in the road. I got on famously with
his mates but I felt that WE just hadn't connected and I couldn't
understand why. It wasn?t that I hadn't tried.

As I was flying through the air at around 30,000 feet I decided to put
the question to the Big Fella and seeing I was flying around up in His
neck of the woods I thought there was a good chance He would here me
loud and clear. Lord why? Why put me through all this for nothing? I
mean I didn't even want to go to Europe. I just wanted to connect with
my boy. Gee I prayed and lit a candle asking for your intervention at
nearly every bl**dy old church we visited and we sure visited some. And
nothing, absolutely nothing, happened. Am I such a bad bloke? Can't you
cut me a little slack here. On and on I prayed. Nothing came back.

And then the voice came back! "Please prepare cabin for landing, make
sure your seats are upright, your tray table is locked into position and
your seat belts firmly fastened." Hold on that's not it! I?m looking for
an answer here. Nothing came back.

I arrived home and within an hour had my youngest bloke by my side for
the weekend. He had missed me and I him, so we spent a lot of the
weekend just giving each other cuddles. Then on Sunday after being out
all morning I arrived home to a message on my phone. It was my son in
England. And yeah it sounded as though someone had left a window open
and he was swaying in the breeze but it didn?t matter. He said he missed
me, in fact dad I missed you the day you left, we all did. I could here
his mates in the background yelling, "Come back Tone, we love ya. Sorry
for being a d**head dad, but that's life sometimes, you're a champion
mate, I love ya and I miss ya, I mean that . . . "

I walked outside and sat on the step and had another good cry. I did
succeed after all. The Big Fella must have been listening. Now I have
four others to reach out to. You see I have been a d**head too. But now
I'm Dad and I'm back.

Tony Miller 

Dads in distress

www.dadsindistress.asn.au <http://www.dadsindistress.asn.au/>   

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Special Feature

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/dysfunctonal.jpg
> Wisdom of Relationships

With thanks to Barry Williams, Lone Fathers Association Australia.

Never take someone for granted. Hold every person close to your heart,
because you might wake up one day & realize that you've lost a diamond
while you were too busy collecting stones."  

F A M I L Y  

I ran into a stranger as he passed by, 

"Oh excuse me please" was my reply. 

He said, "Please excuse me too; 

I wasn't watching for you." 

We were very polite, this stranger and I. 

We went on our way and we said goodbye. 

But at home a different story is told, 

How we treat our loved ones, young and old. 

Later that day, cooking the evening meal, 

My son stood beside me very still. 

When I turned, I nearly knocked him down. 

"Move out of the way," I said with a frown. 

He walked away, his little heart broken. 

I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken. 

While I lay awake in bed, 

God's still small voice came to me and said, 

"While dealing with a stranger, 

common courtesy you use, 

but the family you love, you seem to abuse. 

Go and look on the kitchen floor, 

You'll find some flowers there by the door. 

Those are the flowers he brought for you. 

He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue. 

He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise, 

you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes." 

By this time, I felt very small, 

And now my tears began to fall. 

I quietly went and knelt by his bed; 

"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said. 

"Are these the flowers you picked for me?" 

He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree. 

I picked 'em because they're pretty like you. 

I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue." 

I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today; 

I shouldn't have yelled at you that way." 

He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay. 

I love you anyway." 

I said, "Son, I love you too, 

and I do like the flowers, especially the blue." 

FAMILY 

Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company 

that we are working for could easily replace us in 

a matter of days. 

But the family we left behind will feel the loss 

for the rest of their lives. 

And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more 

into work than into our own family, an unwise investment indeed, don't
you think? 

So what is behind the story? 

Do you know what the word FAMILY means? 

FAMILY = (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU  

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/family_drawing.g
if> 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Thought of the Week

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/husband%20&%20wi
fe.jpg> 

If you want to be treated like a King

You must first treat your wife

Like a Queen.

Anon

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

All You Need is Love

  

DON'T GET DIVORCED
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/divorce-main.jpg
> 

The Philadelphia Inquirer

March 15, 2007 

When it comes to your long-term happiness, it's worse to have loved and
lost than never to have loved at all, at least according to a review
article by Michigan State University psychologist Richard Lucas.

Lucas set out to investigate a commonly held view in his field - that
people are born to be happy or sad, the slings and arrows of fortune
altering that "set point" only temporarily.

But nobody had specifically looked at the impact of big life changes,
such as marriage, divorce or unemployment, he said. He found that
marriage buoyed the spirits for only about two years, after which the
spouses were no happier than they had been as singles.

But divorce, he found, could plunge you permanently into the emotional
dumps. So could losing your job.His findings, based on several different
studies, were published in the April issue of Current Directions in
Psychological Science.

On the plus side, he said, divorced people could climb back to the
relative happiness they enjoyed as singles by getting remarried. But for
those who'd been fired, even finding a new job didn't completely repair
the damage.

He said his study backs up our intuitive sense about the hazards of

heartbreak. Still, he was surprised to find divorce had a more permanent
effect than the loss of a spouse to death, from which the average person
recovers in seven years.

His results would seem to contradict previous surveys showing married
people were happier than singles - whether two years or two decades into
marriage. But a closer look showed they were happier five years before
taking their vows. So it's not so much that marriage makes you happy, he
said, "but that happy people are more likely to get married."

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

News & Info

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/newsletter%20rea
ding%20beard.jpg> 

 

 

USA Men's / Fatherhood  Speaker Coming to Australia 
April 2007

Robert Lewis is the creator and presenter of Men's Fraternity, a three
year men's training resource, guiding men on the journey to noble
authentic manhood. Robert Lewis is fast becoming one of the most
recognized voices in America on men's issues and is an amazing
communicator and teacher in the advancement and promotion of men
discovering their manhood.

Robert Lewis is coming to Australia in April 2007 to provide training,
inspiration and resources for pastors, leaders and anyone passionate
about this vital cause. 

I have three website links for you to go to for more information:

http://www.crsonline.com.au/crs_s_GroupInformation.asp?sgID=17
<http://www.crsonline.com.au/crs_s_GroupInformation.asp?sgID=17>   

- for registration, venue and seminar/training information.

http://www.crsforums.info/mensfraternity/
<http://www.crsforums.info/mensfraternity/>      

- for information on Robert Lewis, Men's Fraternity and all the
available resources.

http://www.crsonline.com.au/crs_r_cat_Search.asp?catID=21
<http://www.crsonline.com.au/crs_r_cat_Search.asp?catID=21>   

all the various Men's Fraternity and Robert Lewis resources that are
available.

If you believe in this cause that Robert is coming to speak to
Australian and New Zealand about, please spread the word and pass his
information around to your interested contacts. I believe there is a
strong movement in our countries at this time towards empowering men and
raising the bar of manhood in our communities, families and Churches.
Please join us in promoting this exciting training opportunity. 

Please feel free to contact me. I look forward in assisting you in
anyway possible.

Let me know what you need as we are only 2 weeks away from Robert
coming. Thank you!

Tim  Smith

Ph: 03 5241 3288 

Fax: 03 5241 3290  

Mob: 0438 551 616

Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>    

Web: www.crsonline.com.au <http://www.crsonline.com.au/>  

________________________________________________________

Split Rooms mar marriage
Read more about how many couples have separate beds!
 
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21420329-5007146,00.html
<http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21420329-5007146,00.html> 

_________________________________________________________________

Letters

To Mark Bourne

c/- Fatherhood Foundation

I have read Warwick Marsh's distillation of Dr Campbell's "The China
Study".  I believe it, but I have a son who is just completing a Science
Degree in Human Movement (they study nutrition, etc in the courses of
their studies) and he is unconvinced.  He says (and I agree with him - I
have a MSc degree) that it's one thing to write a book and another to
submit scientific work for scrutiny by peers.  Can you provide us with
references to Scientific Journals (or perhaps this study was the subject
of a PhD degree?) where this research has been submitted for scrutiny by
the scientific community?  If this study has scientific substance, it
should be at least included in courses for medical professionals and
those who provide advice for people's health and fitness (as my son will
no doubt in future years).

Thank you for your assistance

Geoff Doust 

Dear Mark & Geoff

(and readers of the fathersonline newsletter)

I am pleased that Geoff and his son are sceptical of diet and health
books that are authored by people who have almost no training or
experience in nutritional science--SO AM I.

Almost all of these books are so written and they are so confusing and
uninformed!

"The China Study", co-authored with my son Tom (now in medical school)
is largely based on my 50 years in diet and health research (45 years
when I maintained an active experimental research program) that was
richly endowed with highly competitive NIH funding, meaning that
acquisition of these funds required rigorous peer review (only about 15%
of such applications are actually funded). For many of these years I led
the largest, best funded, and most published research group at Cornell
(long rated the #1 department in the U.S.).

Personally, with my students and colleagues, I published about 350
publications in the scientific literature. At least 150 of these were
full papers published in peer reviewed, top scientific journals (e.g.,
Cancer Research, Carcinogenesis, Science, Journal of Nutrition, American
Journal of Clinical Nutrition, etc.).

The book itself includes over 700 peer reviewed references, many of
which were from my own research group. At least 95% of these papers are
first hand, meaning that we read and studied them rather than quoting
them from the work of others.

I also spent about 20 years deeply involved in (1) national and
international food and health policy development and (2) reviewing for
NIH and other research grant agencies, as a peer, their applications for
funding. In addition, I know quite well the corporate sector through my
consultancies with General Mills, Kellogg Company (who sponsored a
lectureship to Australia), M@M Mars and Hoffman LaRoche Pharmaceutical
Company. Since publication of the book, I have given at least 150
lectures around North America and Europe, most of which are to medical
schools and/or as keynote addresses at national professional meetings.

I would suggest that, before forming opinions, I would hope that people
would reserve judgement until they read the book. It now has developed
that our book is a national best seller where sales are still climbing,
without having the usual PR programs that usually sell books of this
kind.

Most importantly, this is NOT a diet book, i.e., it does not include
recipes and menus. It is a serious statement of what I have come to
believe about this very important topic of nutrition and health.

Thank you for your interest,

Colin

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Dad's Prayer

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/couple-together.
jpg> 

Dear God

You liberate us,

so we must liberate others,

especially those who are closest to us.

For as we give honour,

we receive honour.

As we lift up others,

we are lifted up ourselves.

Help me liberate those around me,

especially the love of my life,

for no other reason but love itself.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Help Us

Click here for more information about us
<http://www.ausheart.com.au/fathers/about/index.html>  

Help Us!

The Fatherhood Foundation is a Harm Prevention Charity. 
Fatherlessness and inadequate fathering has been proven to be a source
of harm. 

The Fatherhood Foundation helps children by promoting excellence  in
fathering. Excellent fathers are in word and deed: responsible,
involved, protective, loving and committed to the well-being of their
children and their children's mother.

If you would like to give financially to the Fatherhood Foundation
Public Fund and receive tax deductibility:

Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund 
(Name, address and amount details must be emailed for a receipt for tax
deductibility)
Westpac Branch Wollongong
BSB: 032 695
A/C: 25-5558 

Or mail cheque and address details to:
PO Box 440
WOLLONGONG  NSW  2520
AUSTRALIA

The Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund  is a public fund listed on the
Register of Harm Prevention Charities under Subdivision 30_EA of the
Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.

You have received the fathersonline.org newsletter because you have
subscribed, or you have been subscribed by a friend.  If you do not wish
to receive future emails, please click the UNSUBSCRIBE button below or
send an email to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject heading.

back to top 

	Click Here to Unsubscribe
<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/optout/?CampaignID=1395&Co
ntactID=90915>