Subject: Brave men under Fire
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:14:48 +1000

<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/tracker/read.asp?ReadID=98
4220> 
Unable to read this email? Please click here
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/view.asp?CampaignMediaID=1499&Con
tactID=177522&ContactEmail=[email-masked]> 
 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/header.jpg> 
Issue 243 - 16th April, 2007 	Go to our website Here
<http://www.fathersonline.org/> 	 
 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/inthisissue.jpg>
*	Hello Friend
*	Grandads
*	Laughter
*	Single Dads 
*	Special Feature
*	Thought of the Week
*	All You Need is Love
*	News & Info
*	Dad's Prayer
*	Help Us

Hello Friend

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/anzac_service.jp
g> 

ANZAC Day is fast approaching. Many believe it to be Australia's one
true holy day of the year. Desecrate it at your peril, as the Leader of
the Opposition, Kevin Rudd, has found out. Even Channel Seven's
'Sunrise' programme, which was planning to re-enact a Dawn Service at 4
am has also born the brunt of criticism. TV is all about re-enactments,
but an ANZAC Day Dawn Service can never be re-enacted. This is the one
day of the year when our nation stops. In ANZAC Cove, in Turkey, tens of
thousands gather, especially young people, to commemorate this special
day. It's as if they are looking for their fathers trying to find their
identity by going on a pilgrimage to the past.

The rising popularity of ANZAC Day has baffled many of the 'anti-war,
peace, love' baby boomers (of which I am one). However growing up as a
child, the ANZAC Day marches always grabbed my attention somehow. The
haunting sound of the bugle playing the Last Post during a Dawn Service
is something that every child should have the chance to hear more than
once in a life time.

The most amazing thing is that Gallipoli was one of the most devastating
losses of World War I, and arguably the biggest defeat suffered by
Australians in any war. After 9 months of bitter trench warfare in rocky
ridges and rugged gullies, 7,600 Australian lives were lost. Gallipoli's
only brilliant manoeuvre was the retreat, accomplished without the loss
of any life. One of the most famed battles of the Gallipoli campaign,
the Battle for the 'Nek', was a shocking example of the truth of General
John Monash's words, "War is not a business in which one can take any
pride or pleasure. Its horror, its ghastly inefficiency, its unspeakable
cruelty and misery has always appalled me." British Commandeers believed
the 'Nek' could be taken with four offensive raids. At 4.30 am on 7th
August 1915, the first wave of Diggers leapt from their trenches and
were mown down by Turkish machine guns. The second, then third and then
fourth shortly followed and met a similar fate. Within minutes, 800
Australians lay dead or wounded on a piece of ground no larger than two
tennis courts. 

We Australians are a funny lot. What other nation would celebrate its
greatest defeat? Maybe it's the fact that the tradition of the ANZAC Day
Dawn Service was not started by officialdom but by the ANZACS
themselves. On 25th April in 1923 at Albany in Western Australia, the
Reverend White led a party of friends in the first ever observance of
ANZAC Day. This was the anniversary of the Gallipoli landing of the
failed invasion in Turkey from which many Australians never returned.

One of those who did not come home was John Simpson Kirkpatrick. John
was 20 years old when he enlisted in the AIF. He hoped that this would
give him a chance to get back to England. John Simpson was a trade union
activist who believed that the England of his day needed a 'good
revolution'. He was not good at taking orders but he was very good at
saving lives. The story of Simpson and his donkey is retold in our
Special Feature as a tribute to the brave men and women who fought, and
still fight for our country today. War is an appalling business as
General Monash said, and freedom comes, but not without cost. Few are
prepared to pay the price, but thank God for those who do. 

Simpson was recommended for the Victoria Cross but ultimately refused
because of his unorthodox approach to the constrictions of army
authority. Simpson's story of the rescue of hundreds of wounded men with
his donkey has made him the most remembered Australian war hero of all
time. His story must not remain untold. Our children need to hear it.

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Anzac%20memorial
.jpg> Lovework

Tell your children and your grandchildren about Simpson and his Donkey.
His gravestone at Gallipoli sums up his life, 'He gave his life that
others may live'.

Yours for our wartime heroes

Warwick Marsh

 

 

PS The website debate that Alan's letter started continues in the
Letter's column this week.

Perhaps you would like to make a comment yourself. The best letter that
I have received so far on this subject contained a promise of $1,500
toward the costs of renewing and rebuilding our fatherhood website.
Although it will take much more than this to get it to the next level,
this is a welcome start.

 ___________________________________________________________ 

Warwick Marsh  has been married to Alison for 31 years. He is the father
of five children, four boys and one girl, ranging in age from 26 years
to 14 years.  Warwick is a musician, songwriter, producer and public
speaker who likes to think he can still laugh at himself.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Grandads

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/tribute.jpg> 

Greater love has no man than this,

than he lay down his life for his friends.

John's gospel

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Laughter

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/bill_gates.jpg>
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the
computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "'If GM had kept up
with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving
$25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.' 

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release
stating:

If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving
cars with the following characteristics: 

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........ Twice a day. 

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to
buy a new car. 

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You
would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows,
shut off the car, restart it, and  reopen the windows before you could
continue. For some reason you would simply accept this. 

4. Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn would cause
your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would
have to reinstall the engine. 

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable,
five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only
five percent of the roads. 

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all
be replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation'
warning light. 

7. The airbag system would ask 'Are you sure?' before deploying. 

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out
and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door
handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna. 

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn
how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate
in the same manner as the old car. 

10. You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine OFF.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Single Dads 

 
Thanks to Barry Williams of the Lone Father's Association of Australia
www.lonefathers.com.au <http://www.lonefathers.com.au/>   for sending
this wonderful article about male friendships.

Hospital Window
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/man_lies_on_hosp
ital_bed.jpg> 

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man
was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help
drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only
window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The
men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families,
their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service,
where they had been on vacation. 

Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he
would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he
could see outside the window. 

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where
his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and
colour of the world outside. 

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played
on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers
walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every colour and a fine view of the
city skyline could be seen in the distance. 

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man
on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the
picturesque scene. 

One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. 

Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his
mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive
words. 

Days and weeks passed. 

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only
to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died
peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital
attendants to take the body away. 

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be
moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and
after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. 

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/Window_brick%20w
all.jpg> Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take
his first look at the real world outside. 

He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. 

It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled
his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside
this window. 

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the
wall. 

She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you." 

 

Epilogue: 

There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own
situations. 

Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. 

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money
can't buy. 

"Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present." 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Special Feature

 

Simpson and His Donkey
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/simpson-donk.jpg
> 

A Humane Soldier 

It is very fitting that one of the most celebrated Diggers in Australian
folklore was no Rambo who shot everything that moved. To the contrary,
he was a humanitarian by the name of John Simpson who disregarded
orders, and his own safety, in his single-minded determination to save
others. 

Born in England in 1892, Simpson's humanitarian tendencies were first
put on show at age of 13. When he saw two drowning children in the River
Tyne, he dived in and saved them. He loved animals. He worked with
horses and donkeys, kept rabbits and pigeons, and was often seen with a
dog following him around. He had a strong sense of responsibility to
others. After his father died in 1909, he assumed the role of bread
winner for his mother and sister. In 1910 he joined the crew of the SS
Yeddo as a stoker and sailed for Newcastle, Australia. Without fail, he
continually sent money home to his mother - irrespective of how much he
needed it himself. 

Although he was loyal to his family, in his work life he never showed a
temperament would have suited him to army discipline. When the Yeddo
arrived in Newcastle, he deserted. For the next few years he worked a
series of jobs in different parts of the country, such as cane cutting,
cattle droving, and coal mining, before moving on to something new. He
then joined the crew of the SS Yankalilla. The job took him to Fremantle
where Simpson again deserted. 

Just 3 weeks after the outbreak of World War 1, Simpson enlisted. There
was nothing patriotic in his motivations. He had heard that the
Australian forces were destined to do their basic training in England,
and by joining, he believed that he could get a free passage home. 

Unfortunately for Simpson's plans, the army was diverted to Egypt. In
Egypt, Simpson was allotted to the Field Ambulance as a stretcher
bearer. 8 months later he landed at ANZAC Cove, Gallipoli. Of the 1500
men who landed in the first wave, only 755 remained in active service at
the end of the day. The sheer number of casualties necessitated that
stretcher bearing parties be reduced in the size from 6 to 2. 

Simpson then decided he could operate better by acting alone. He spied a
deserted donkey in the wild overgrown gullies and decided to use it to
help carry a wounded man to the beach. From that time on, he and his
donkey acted as an independent team. 

Instead of reporting to his unit, Simpson camped with the 21st Kohat
Indian Mountain Artillery Battery - which had many mules and nicknamed
Simpson "Bahadur" - the "bravest of the brave". The refusal to report to
his own field ambulance post was a direct affront to his Commanding
Officer's ego, not to mention considerations of military tradition,
etiquette and discipline. For the first 4 days, he was technically a
deserter until his CO, seeing the value of his work, agreed to turn a
blind eye to rules and approved his actions.

Full story:

http://www.convictcreations.com/history/simpson.htm
<http://www.convictcreations.com/history/simpson.htm>  

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Thought of the Week

 
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/man_addictions.j
pg> I count him braver who 
overcomes his desires

than him who overcomes 
his enemies.

Aristotle 384-322 BC

 

 

 

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

All You Need is Love

   

STUDY SHOWS DEPLOYMENT HAS NOT INCREASED DIVORCE RATE

Study belies beliefs about military marriages

The Rand Corp. reports that the war has NOT
<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/marriage_militar
y.gif> increased the divorce rate, and that deployments may even
strengthen couples.

Los Angeles Times 

By Tony Perry, Times Staff Writer

April 15, 2007

"The conventional wisdom about how deployments affect military marriages
turns out to be wrong," the Rand study concluded.

The study recommends an expansion of family-support programs, including
an effort begun by the Army to counsel young soldiers and their partners
before they consider marriage. The Army calls it the Premarital
Interpersonal Choices and Knowledge program. Troops call it the "How to
Avoid Marrying a Jerk" program.

A drumbeat of news stories has warned that military marriages are being
stressed to the breaking point by repeated deployments to Iraq and
Afghanistan.

But a study by the Rand Corp think tank has found that the divorce rate
among military families is no higher than a decade ago.

The study also found numbers that suggested that war-zone deployments
could actually strengthen marriages by providing extra money (in the
form of combat pay and tax breaks) and giving the deployed spouse a
sense of job satisfaction.

The yearlong study, "Families Under Stress: An Assessment of Data,
Theory and Research on Marriage and Divorce in the Military," was
commissioned by the Department of Defense and conducted by the Santa
Monica-based think tank. It was released Thursday.

In 1996, 3% of marriages among male enlisted personnel and 1.4% among
male officers ended in divorce. By 2000, the figures were 2.7% and 1.2%.
In 2005, the figures were 2.8% and 1.5%. Differences among branches of
the active-duty military were small.

Kristin Henderson, author of the 2006 book "While They're At War: The
True Story of American Families on the Homefront," said the Rand
conclusions might reflect the success of the family-support programs
that the military had begun. But she said that the study was only a
snapshot and that other studies would be needed to get a fuller picture.

"It's a double-edged thing: Each deployment piles stress upon stress,"
said Henderson, a journalist married to a Navy chaplain. "But at the
same time, you're learning coping skills."

The study recommends an expansion of family-support programs, including
an effort begun by the Army to counsel young soldiers and their partners
before they consider marriage. The Army calls it the Premarital
Interpersonal Choices and Knowledge program. Troops call it the "How to
Avoid Marrying a Jerk" program.

Divorce statistics, researchers noted, are not the only measure of the
stress on military families from repeated overseas deployments and the
daily fear that a loved one has been killed.

Lead researcher Benjamin Karney said his study, for example, did not
examine how deployments affected children or influenced alcohol and drug
use by troops or spouses. "The full impact of these conflicts on
military families may not be known for years," he said.

Divorce and war have long been linked in the public mind. Yet two
studies found that the divorce rate among Vietnam veterans was no higher
than that of non-veterans of the same age, the Rand study said.

"The conventional wisdom about how deployments affect military marriages
turns out to be wrong," the Rand study concluded.

The study found little difference between divorce rates of Army and
Marine Corps members who had deployed and those who had not. In fact,
some figures showed that the longer the deployment, the smaller the
chance a soldier or Marine had of getting divorced compared with
non-deployed troops.

"Although some may find these results counterintuitive, in fact they are
consistent with other recent findings that document the benefits of
deployment S for military families," the study concluded.

The study also found no rise in first marriages among troops since the
start of the Afghanistan-Iraq deployment cycle, suggesting that the
cliché about young troops marrying their sweethearts just days before
going to war was overdrawn.

Henderson said she was concerned that the military would shift money and
effort away from family-support programs to deal with such worsening
problems as brain injuries and post-traumatic stress among returning
troops.

"We need a holistic approach," said Henderson, whose husband has
deployed with the Marines.

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/marriage_militar
y_1.jpg> 

The Rand researchers also confirmed what the military had long known:
The highest rate of divorce is among female military members in the
enlisted ranks. The rate is more than double that of their male
counterparts in the service.

One theory is that men are ill-equipped in American society to play the
role of stay-behind spouse. Support programs "may be tailored
specifically to wives and their concerns" but offer little for husbands
whose wives are in Iraq or Afghanistan, the study said.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

News & Info

 

<http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/reading_paper.jp
g> Men's Fraternity

Dr Robert Lewis

Will be speaking in Australia at the following dates and locations

Burwood -Monday 23rd April -9:00am to 12:00pm

Sydenham -Monday 23rd April -7:00pm to 10:00pm

Geelong -Tuesday 24th April -9:00am to 12:00pm

North Sydney -Thursday 26th April -9:00am to 12:00pm

Castle Hill -Thursday 26th April -7:00pm to 10:00pm

South Sydney -Saturday 28th April -8:30am to 11:30am

Wollongong - Saturday 28th April - Afternoon

For further information:

http://www.crsforums.info/mensfraternity 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Regional Men's Day - 28th April 2007

The Annual Illawarra/South Coast Regional Men's Day will be held at the
Yallah Roadhouse on Saturday 28th April 2007.

Speakers will be:

In the morning: Alan Stewart - previous director of Anglican Youth
Works.

In the afternoon: Robert M. Lewis - founder of Men's Fraternity, Little
Rock, Arkansas, USA, author of 'Raising Modern Day Knights' and other
books on men's issues.

For more information, contact John Cornford at Albion Park  Ph: 02
42562103

Also, go to the website www.gongmensday.net for brochure and on-line
registration

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

'Good to Great' Fatherhood Mentoring Course

Course Information Night - 10 week course commencing 5th Sept 07

Wednesday 2nd May 2007

7 pm - 9 pm

Gracepoint Baptist Church

8-10 Soudan St

Randwick

Light refreshments

Please phone 02 9399 5959 for bookings.

10 week course will commence 5th September 2007

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Ballarat Men's Conference

May 4-5, 2007

65 Albert Street

Sebastopol, Vic. 3356

Speakers: Ian Richardson & Warwick Marsh

For more details phone: 03 5336 1166

http://www.bcc.org.au/mensministry.aspx

_________________________________________________________

Letters

 

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

I came across the fatherhood foundation through a health expo at BHP
indoor stadium in Unanderra a while ago.  With my wife and kids, we had
just walked in and were about to look around when one of the guys at the
expo caught my attention with one sentence. 'You look like you're a good
father'. I caught his name at the time but have since forgotten what his
name was but I have not forgotten what he said. Of course what he said
caught my attention, I like most other father believe myself to be a
good father, I am actively trying to be the best father possible for my
kids. The man at the expo recorded my details and I have been hearing
from the fatherhood foundation ever since. 

I am very impressed at the weekly newsletter that is distributed. It
caters for all fathers who are blessed enough to be doing well and those
that need inspiration to hang on. I have personally printed and handed
various issues to friends & colleagues that are struggling with various
issues. The biggest support that they get is the fact the there allot of
other people going thru similar problems. Reading some of the articles
has given them hope that they previously didn't have.

So in summary I would like to say thank you. Thank you for caring, thank
you for trying to make a difference.

Regards

 Josh

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

Thank you for last Sundays Newsletter. Each Weekend I look forward to
reading it. 

I was disappointed to read Alan's letter and saddened to read your
response. For our sake Warwick, don't quit. You have a purpose driven
life and I for one am most grateful. 

A wise man taught me to first, be brutally honest then, never ever give
up. The Fatherhood Foundation's Website needs some attention and I want
to stand with you to make a good Website Great! Would you please accept
this donation of $1,500 towards the upgrade? I know that Website
upgrades are expensive so I pray that men all over Australia will join
me in standing with you on this most worthy of causes.

Callum 

All Dad and proud of it!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

Interesting story of your legal eagle comments. From my viewpoint - you
are very tied up and are being too introspective. Perhaps you need a
holiday?? My reading of his comments indicates that he is actually
concerned that your website is very good, but out of date. That comment
is true. Saying he will not refer his clients to your website is also
okay because who would do that to people anyway.

He is not concerned that you cannot afford the site, he is merely saying
don't have it if it isn't useful..... touché. In my view your reaction
is over the top.

For instance - why ask your peers in the same industry to advise you
when in fact they will reflect your original email opinion?? The concept
of the importance of friends is a huge necessity as you say - however
your peers are not necessarily your friends nor are they best for
unconditional unbiased advice. I would guess that, for instance, I would
be a better person to ask as I am both not a peer and not an enemy. A
true friend would advise you as I have, but you didn't ask any from my
observation.

Which leads me to the next point - This lawyer's comments have led you
to ask for and make an argument for more funds for you and the family
and the website. Perhaps that is the real cause celeb, and if
successful, then terrific.

Kind regards 

Peter 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Fatherhood Foundation             

Thanks for the articles in fatherhood foundation emails. They are
encouraging and informative, and give me some depth in experience when
talking to friends and people who all have questions.

Believe me, I know what it's like to get punched in the belly by a
Christian who you feel you should respect even if you don't know them
very well.

Funny how words seem so powerful. A bit of time on God's lap soon fixes
it doesn't it?

I like the poem, The Man from Snowy River by Banjo Patterson - 'That
horse will never do' was the judgement of someone who thought they knew
every thing, but a wiser council was there namely Clancy, who saw a bit
deeper and knew a bit more, and the stripling from the tough country
didn't flinch at the task because it was all familiar territory.
Billions of cushy bucks shield most people from good training. You know
the rest of the story. I believe Banjo Patterson captured the grit we
hope we have as Aussie battlers, probably more accurately God's
battler's with lots of cool armour and strike power!

No rain yet but it's coming

Greg

(farmer)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

I need to respond to "Alan's" recent letter to you.  It seems like Alan
is a bit confused.  If his objective is to find the very latest research
on a subject, then perhaps he should check at the local library where
they have full time staff just waiting to find his facts for him.  

I do feel bad for the gent though.  I mean when he visits your site or
receives your email newsletter, all he gets are outstanding updates on
current events, excellent articles on fatherhood and related issues,
current schedules of events, and even a bit of humour to lighten the
load. What a disappointment...

My friend, this past weekend, I had a similar experience with a man that
attended a Malachi Global Foundation Men's Conference that I led.  After
pouring myself into the lives of the 160 men for two days, and being
warmly thanked by most of them, along comes my own version of Alan.
When he showed up, I was exhausted and could have used a bit of
encouragement, or at least a ten minute nap... Nonetheless, old Alan
stops me as I am walking out of the venue to inform me that he found a
typographical error on page 4, line three...  He sounded a bit smug.  As
if he caught me trying to sneak one by him.

I did my best not to smack the gent and instead I just mumbled "thanks"
and walked to my car for the two hour drive home.  In time, I will fix
the typo; in time, you will update your statistics on your website.  Not
because of the Alan's, but rather in spite of them.

Let's keep up the good fight.  Lord, please don't hold it against the
Alan's of the world. They know not what they do...

Love you man!

Brian Molitor

www.malachiglobal.org

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Fatherhood Foundation

Yes people can whinge and throw stones, namely Alan. I guess his life is
perfect. So was Jesus life perfect but He never threw the stones. 

Old story you don't like and want to complain, then mate you are the man
I have been waiting for, you (Alan) can fix it. Cough up or shut up! Yes
all these well paid bureaucrats couldn't get drunk in brewery or aids in
a poofta's bar. Why? they are all so self given perfect ... yeh like my
back passage full of it.  The statistics I read before on your site,
people with problems go to social or gov worker 65% still have problem
in 5 years. People who consult mate or friend over 85% have problem
fixed or dealt with in 1year. 

Sorry to be rough, I call a spade a spade, it is never a golden butter
knife. 

Doing great job.

Cheers with kind regards 

Michael  

Charters Towers

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Dad's Prayer

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/content/EB3TemplateImages/771/simpson_1.jpg> 

Dear God

What a man Simpson was!

He preferred to camp with the Indian battalion at Gallipoli

and work with a donkey,

risking possible court martial, 

rather than doing the accepted things.

He chose to prioritise saving lives,

rather than fit in with 

the stifling army bureaucracy of the day.

He chose to be effective,

rather than be accepted.

He counted his life as nothing,

for the sake of saving many more.

"Greater love has no man than this,

than he lay down his life for his friends.'

Help me to do the same.

back to top 

 <http://www.bosweb.com.au/email_blast/templates/fathers/banner.jpg> 

Help Us

Click here for more information about us
<http://www.ausheart.com.au/fathers/about/index.html>  

Help Us!

The Fatherhood Foundation is a Harm Prevention Charity. 
Fatherlessness and inadequate fathering has been proven to be a source
of harm. 

The Fatherhood Foundation helps children by promoting excellence  in
fathering. Excellent fathers are in word and deed: responsible,
involved, protective, loving and committed to the well-being of their
children and their children's mother.

If you would like to give financially to the Fatherhood Foundation
Public Fund and receive tax deductibility:

Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund 
(Name, address and amount details must be emailed for a receipt for tax
deductibility)
Westpac Branch Wollongong
BSB: 032 695
A/C: 25-5558 

Or mail cheque and address details to:
PO Box 440
WOLLONGONG  NSW  2520
AUSTRALIA

The Fatherhood Foundation Public Fund  is a public fund listed on the
Register of Harm Prevention Charities under Subdivision 30_EA of the
Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.

You have received the fathersonline.org newsletter because you have
subscribed, or you have been subscribed by a friend.  If you do not wish
to receive future emails, please click the UNSUBSCRIBE button below or
send an email to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject heading.

back to top 

	Click Here to Unsubscribe
<http://emailblast.bosweb.com.au/bwEMailBlast/optout/?CampaignID=1443&Co
ntactID=177522>